OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Well we are missing 3 days of our trip that I was hoping to pick up. We moved our ressies from April 2017 to an unplanned trip in October due to our motorcycle accident. What is anyone's thoughts on me being able to pick up the 28th-1st! We are currently scheduled to depart on the 28th and recheck in on the 1st which of course we wouldn't do. Has anyone picked up nights this close? Thanks

blondie,

The only answer is persistence - to keep trying several times a day and mix in calling and on-line checking. What type of site are your two reservations? You might have to move if you get the dates you are looking for but in a different type of site.

Good luck to you.

Bama Ed

Yikes the October thread fell to the second page! 45 days out for me!!!! I've got all the stuff for the kids countdown ready to start on Labor Day. Starting to pack for the trip, getting princess dresses together and washed, starting to figure out what all I want to take on the stroller, etc.

We are almost at one month out from departure day!! ( leaving mn September 25-26th to have a leisurely drive down :car:)
We raise basset hounds, so our summer has been crazy with about 30 puppies here, but now they have all gone to their new families.... yesterday completed our 5 days of horse showing at our county fair- now it's GAME ON getting ready for our trip! First trip in our camper we got last fall: we named her SERENITY, because that is our farm name, and it just seems to fit...:rainbow:
Need to work on getting comfortable posting pictures next!

We got our tickets for MNSSHP last week! So excited! Granted, we won't actually use the hard tickets, but I still like to have them in my hands!!!! 49 days to go!

Ahhhh, one more week til my kids get to start the elaborate countdown I have made! My DD8 knows it is coming and she might be more excited about the countdown than the actual trip lol. We'll be camping over labor day weekend, then when we come home on Monday I'll have this scavenger hunt laid out.

Pirate-Treasure-Hunt.jpg

The end of the scavenger hunt leads to a cardboard castle which will have a treasure chest inside. Each day the treasure chest will have something different in it for them to do. Since we are doing the pirates league and Halloween party this year, the initial scavenger hunt is pirate themed and the first movie will be Pirates of the Caribbean which they have never seen. The activity with the movie will be building these wood pirate ships. The markers are for them to decorate the cardboard castle.

20170829_125651_resized (2).jpg

20170829_130606_resized (2).jpg

Ahhhh, one more week til my kids get to start the elaborate countdown I have made! My DD8 knows it is coming and she might be more excited about the countdown than the actual trip lol. We'll be camping over labor day weekend, then when we come home on Monday I'll have this scavenger hunt laid out.

View attachment 265565

The end of the scavenger hunt leads to a cardboard castle which will have a treasure chest inside. Each day the treasure chest will have something different in it for them to do. Since we are doing the pirates league and Halloween party this year, the initial scavenger hunt is pirate themed and the first movie will be Pirates of the Caribbean which they have never seen. The activity with the movie will be building these wood pirate ships. The markers are for them to decorate the cardboard castle.

View attachment 265566

View attachment 265567

Now that's a cool idea :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Count us in! We arrive on the 21st through the 27th in the preferred loop but I am hoping to get the night of the 27th also. I have requested the 100 loop. See you soonpixiedust:

We will be there 10/22-27, but are still hoping to get in on the 21st. We are splitting time between Disney and universal this time. Plans are explore the Ft. and do sleepy hollow event on check in day, then Hollywood Studios, day at universal, MK, day 2 at universal/campfire that night, character breakfast before we check out Friday. We will have a couple of days with family, and then head back for one more universal day or half day before flying home the 30th. It is really hard NOT to go to the halloween party this year, but we just went 2 years ago. Adding on universal is making us cut in other areas--but it will be a pretty big deal to our 9 year old wizard ;).

Woohoo it's September and I can now officially say I'm going to Disney next month. It is also mine and dh 16th wedding anniversary and he gave me this wonderful present ( I'm a big fan of the Jim shore figures)!
20170831_180404-1512x2016.jpg

I also got myself this little gem from online. Using it to count down to our trip first, then we'll use it for counting down to Halloween. Dh said he saw this online and almost bought me this gift instead lol
20170831_180415-2016x1512.jpg

Oct 14-21!!! First time for F&W, and first time for MNSSHP!! Multigenerational family trip for 14! So excited. I have been planning/ replanning, I have 3 extra ADRs right now, so we need to decide what to keep and what to cancel. Still debating about switching a couple park days, but nervous to lose FP!

Would ya'll believe that Halloween Week 2018 only has Tent sites left? That's 14 months in advance!

Arriving Sunday 10/28/18 and leaving Sunday 11/4/18 (7 nights). But hey, the Tent sites for that time ONLY average $70 a night plus tax.

<sigh> we simply need a Fort Wilderness II (Camp Davy Crockett).

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Would ya'll believe that Halloween Week 2018 only has Tent sites left?

But, if you are lucky enough to visit longer, Tent 70, Full 92, and 99 for Preferred. That is from 10/16 to 11/2. That has me thinking, but we will not be there for Halloween next year, we have ressies for Christmas time 2018

Would ya'll believe that Halloween Week 2018 only has Tent sites left? That's 14 months in advance!

Arriving Sunday 10/28/18 and leaving Sunday 11/4/18 (7 nights). But hey, the Tent sites for that time ONLY average $70 a night plus tax.

<sigh> we simply need a Fort Wilderness II (Camp Davy Crockett).

Bama Ed

Ed,
Is this a ressie that you have for next year? We will be there 10/27/18 through 11/4/18 in a premium. I'm with you on the "Camp Davey Crockett" :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 With converting a cabin loop to a campsite loop.......kinda makes you think that maybe Disney is realizing that they can fill up campsites faster than cabins. Better to fill a $100 / night campsite than to have a $300 / night cabin set empty.

Ed,
Is this a ressie that you have for next year? We will be there 10/27/18 through 11/4/18 in a premium. I'm with you on the "Camp Davey Crockett" :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 With converting a cabin loop to a campsite loop.......kinda makes you think that maybe Disney is realizing that they can fill up campsites faster than cabins. Better to fill a $100 / night campsite than to have a $300 / night cabin set empty.

Stevie,

I am fighting like heck at home to keep the Halloween week reservation I have for this fall 2017. Although I am not a big Halloween person at home (unless I get to stay home to hand out candy and the bowl has 3 Musketeers, Snickers, or Milky Way bites), the Fort Halloween angle has me hooked. It's on my bucket list, so to speak. Just once.

The reservation I have for this Halloween week was made well in advance. IMO, it's gonna be harder in the future to get a Halloween reservation and not easier so I want to do this year. Negotiations on a solo trip to the Fort to experience Halloween are similar to the current Korean conflict talks. And the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (NK) has a more tolerant judiciary than I am dealing with.

Vince knows how to play the dates (long/short) to work the system. That's why he's The Man. :cool2: But eventually even that window will close. I wonder at what point Disney stops forcing people to book long to get desired dates and starts allowing short reservations to fill existing gaps?

I hope to be at the Fort for Halloween this year and New Years week (partial) in 2018. That's what I have reservations for. After that who knows?

Camp Davy Crockett is the name of the Fort equivalent at Disneyland Paris. But it is just cabins and no RV/trailer/camp sites. But I love the name. And it would so work in Florida as a FW2 name.

Head down. Fingers crossed. Pushing to get across the finish line. :grouphug:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter