*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Hi, all. Thoughts on how the Wine and Dine half marathon 11/4 affects travel to the parks and crowds? Noticed The typical HS EMH was moved to Monday. We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge if that makes a difference.

I lost track of this group! Glad to be back. FP day is September 7th but we are also trying the CLFP program so we have three of our days booked. So excited! Being from Jersey and going Jersey week we have figured out that we are overlapping with 5 families. All want to try to meet up and that’s stressing me out! My biggest question in my mind is if the MK hours will be extended since that was the case for the past two years. I’m also wondering if HS might extend hours.

Hi, all. Thoughts on how the Wine and Dine half marathon 11/4 affects travel to the parks and crowds? Noticed The typical HS EMH was moved to Monday. We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge if that makes a difference.

I know Epcot is normally slammed that day after the half. I don't think I've done DHS that day though as we normally do it as our park on Sat after the 10K.

Our ADR day is rapidly approaching as it is 9/2. I feel like this trip is a bit of a mess planning wise. (Why is it harder to plan my own trip then someone else's sometimes????) But hopefully FastPasses will help bring it together! I am hoping for SDD and FOP FastPasses so we'll see how it goes!

I'm so pumped that TSL EMM was announced! It was what I had really hoped for, especially after our FL EMM was cancelled. I can not wait!

Hi!! We are going to the most magical place 11/23-11/28. We went a similar time in 2014 and loved it. It is this the place for dining swaps? I am looking for a few... Thanks!!

My family and I are going to be at Art of Animation from 11/26-11/30. FastPass day is September 27th and I’m working hard on finding out what my kids may want to do!

So we are booked to stay at an AoA LM room but Pop just showed up as available for the Magical Holidays offer. It would save about $300, which almost pays to upgrade to park hoppers for the family. I'm seriously considering changing our reservation but I'm so terrible at making decisions!

The LM rooms look so fun and the pools look nice - but my DD is 8 and DS will be turning 12 days after our trip. We don't have any "rest and relaxation" days planned for dedicated pool time. So I'm thinking maybe the theming isn't worth it. I've read that it's louder at Pop but the food options are better at AoA (I don't think it's far to walk over there though?). Add on that Pop has queen beds and a coffee maker in their rooms... I think I know what I need to do.

Anyone have any pros or cons to switching to POP that you think I should consider?

Last edited:
So we are booked to stay at an AoA LM room but Pop just showed up as available for the Magical Holidays offer. It would save about $300, which almost pays to upgrade to fast passes for the family. I'm seriously considering changing our reservation but I'm so terrible at making decisions!

The LM rooms look so fun and the pools look nice - but my DD is 8 and DS will be turning 12 days after our trip. We don't have any "rest and relaxation" days planned for dedicated pool time. So I'm thinking maybe the theming isn't worth it. I've read that it's louder at Pop but the food options are better at AoA (I don't think it's far to walk over there though?). Add on that Pop has queen beds and a coffee maker in their rooms... I think I know what I need to do.

Anyone have any pros or cons to switching to POP that you think I should consider?

Fastpasses are free at WDW...unless you are staying Club Level in which case you can purchase extra FP beyond the 3 per day that are included for everyone.

Fastpasses are free at WDW...unless you are staying Club Level in which case you can purchase extra FP beyond the 3 per day that are included for everyone.

Derrr. I meant Park Hopper. I'll try to edit my post. Thanks for the response!

And the Disney nightmares have started. I booked TSL EMM yesterday and all night long I dreamed we were at EMM in the line for TSM (my favorite ride ever). The line was taking forever. Eventually I looked at the time. It was after 9 and we hadn't even gotten one ride!

I’m really bummed about no EMM for my Nov or Dec trips. The days just don’t line up ornota not offered. Woe is me!

When we were there 2 years ago, Sunday was bad in Epcot. Not only was it normal Food and Wine crowds, there was also a party for all the runners. It started getting crazy around 5, but wasn't too bad until then.

Hey all! We fly in 11/21 and stay until 11/30. We go at this time every other year, and I find this trip to be more of a mess to plan than usual! We've now changed our park days 3 times...literally every park day has been changed at least once all due to EMM's! First, our EMM at MK was canceled on our already booked day. We were able to switch to another day but that caused quite a shake up of our plans. Now, with the addition of EMM at Hollywood, we felt it would be worth it to book, but caused 2 additional days to have to be switched. So I am still trying to change ADR's around, one being my kids favorite that I must have or the switch is a no go! We love EMM and feel it has been the best money we've spent at Disney so that's the only reason we are switching plans! I am thankful we don't have FP's yet for all this switching. I've got about a month until I have to have things figured out to do FP's!

I am still working on my plans for park days and I have just over a week for my FP+.

I am also trying to figure out what we are doing for my son's birthday. Its the 10th, which is the Saturday of Veteran's Day weekend and the end of Jersey week. Right now, I have two reservations for meals because I can't decide what to do. I have a feeling we will be park hopping because of the crowds.

I am still working on my plans for park days and I have just over a week for my FP+.

I am also trying to figure out what we are doing for my son's birthday. Its the 10th, which is the Saturday of Veteran's Day weekend and the end of Jersey week. Right now, I have two reservations for meals because I can't decide what to do. I have a feeling we will be park hopping because of the crowds.
We are expecting MK and EP (mainly WS) to be slammed. We picked HS for the 10th. Hopefully it’s not too crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter