*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

So my DH was on the Disney web site and they had a list of restaurants who are going to be serving thanksgiving feasts. Boma was not in the list and I have Boma booked for thanksgiving based on the recommendation of those on the DIS. Please tell me I've heard right and there will be traditional Thanksgiving favorites on the menu on Thanksgiving Day at Boma.

Check your reservation. Does it list "Boma Dinner" or "Boma Thanksgiving Dinner" as the title? Most restaurants will be serving special menus in addition to their regular menus that evening, I know my CG reservation is listed as "California Grill Thanksgiving Dinner" whereas the other ADRs I have are just "___ Dinner."

So my DH was on the Disney web site and they had a list of restaurants who are going to be serving thanksgiving feasts. Boma was not in the list and I have Boma booked for thanksgiving based on the recommendation of those on the DIS. Please tell me I've heard right and there will be traditional Thanksgiving favorites on the menu on Thanksgiving Day at Boma.
Was he on a site like wdwinfo or allears, something like that? Sites are starting to list restaurants that will have Thanksgiving dinner, but some of them (like wdwinfo) also state that "more will be listed as they are added". For the past few years, the complete list isn't out until late Sept. and the couple of lists I found quickly last night were missing some of the regular restaurants that offer Thanksgiving dinner - one didn't even list LTT which has your traditional Thanksgiving dinner every night of the year! So I wouldn't worry about Boma yet, which also happens to be where we're eating on Thanksgiving :goodvibes

Early November is going to be here before we know it! Can't believe my fastpass day is in 20 days!

We told our 9 year old about our trip last night. I gave him the photobook that I *finally* made for our March 2017 trip and on the last page it mentioned this trip. He was shocked, and told me today that I really was convincing when we were talking recently about really wanting to see Toy Story land and I said how much I wish we were going back soon but I didn't know when that would be:rotfl: This might be the beginning of the end of him realizing how much I don't tell him :rotfl:

Tickets are purchased (I have an annual pass, 10 day hoppers for DH and DS) and I'm excited to make fastpasses!
Hope everyone else is getting pumped for their trips!!

Was he on a site like wdwinfo or allears, something like that? Sites are starting to list restaurants that will have Thanksgiving dinner, but some of them (like wdwinfo) also state that "more will be listed as they are added". For the past few years, the complete list isn't out until late Sept. and the couple of lists I found quickly last night were missing some of the regular restaurants that offer Thanksgiving dinner - one didn't even list LTT which has your traditional Thanksgiving dinner every night of the year! So I wouldn't worry about Boma yet, which also happens to be where we're eating on Thanksgiving :goodvibes
He was on the official Disney World web page. I told him I trust my DIS community and not to worry about it.

So excited for our family trip 11/26-12/2 at the poly. Almost have all our ADRs. Trying to get the evasive sci-fi reservation. Happy planning! :yay:

Is there any hope for any further discounts for November? Just got off the phone to confirm what I’ve seen online (and called once before)- no discounts at all to apply to our Nov 24-Dec 1 trip at the Polynesian. I’m starting to have some major sticker shock. This will be our 6th time at the Poly, none of them cheap but the first time we’re still sitting at rack rate this close to the trip. We’ve had free dining before, room discounts, the amazing Buy 4, Get 3 free back in 2007. This trip is currently set to cost us about $2000 more than any of our previous trips for basically the same thing (7 nights at Poly, DDP, Park hoppers but no water parks this time). It’s been 4 years since the last trip so I expected an increase for sure but $2K yikes.

Just wondering if there’s any chance I’m going to get this amount down. I don’t think we’ll switch resorts even if I can’t. It’s been a couple years since our last vacation and the Poly is our Disney “Home”. With a 16 year old and 14 year old, who knows when we might return? And we can’t change the dates- traveling with family and this is the best time school-wise. So I’m thinking we’ll suck it up if we must but jeez, something off would sure be nice!

Is there any hope for any further discounts for November? Just got off the phone to confirm what I’ve seen online (and called once before)- no discounts at all to apply to our Nov 24-Dec 1 trip at the Polynesian. I’m starting to have some major sticker shock. This will be our 6th time at the Poly, none of them cheap but the first time we’re still sitting at rack rate this close to the trip. We’ve had free dining before, room discounts, the amazing Buy 4, Get 3 free back in 2007. This trip is currently set to cost us about $2000 more than any of our previous trips for basically the same thing (7 nights at Poly, DDP, Park hoppers but no water parks this time). It’s been 4 years since the last trip so I expected an increase for sure but $2K yikes.

Just wondering if there’s any chance I’m going to get this amount down. I don’t think we’ll switch resorts even if I can’t. It’s been a couple years since our last vacation and the Poly is our Disney “Home”. With a 16 year old and 14 year old, who knows when we might return? And we can’t change the dates- traveling with family and this is the best time school-wise. So I’m thinking we’ll suck it up if we must but jeez, something off would sure be nice!
We are in the same boat. There seems to be very few discounts for Poly these days. They had some free dining last year but none this year. I am with you though. I always wanted to stay at the Poly so I won't change my reservation. I think that is why it is hard to find a discount because WDW can fill it without one. We will be there the same time frame. Enjoy your trip.:wave:

He was on the official Disney World web page. I told him I trust my DIS community and not to worry about it.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
In addition to booking our family dining, when booking for clients traveling over Thanksgiving AND Christmas the restaurants serving "special" holiday meals, or changing their menus for the holiday, keeping the same menu but adding a couple things, etc., always trickle out and are never solidified until a couple months prior to said holiday. It makes no sense since we book since months ahead but in reality, it DOES make sense since it's Disney :laughing: So yes tell him to sit tight, I'm going to say with no authority or guarantee that we'll all be good for Boma lol!

We are in the same boat. There seems to be very few discounts for Poly these days. They had some free dining last year but none this year. I am with you though. I always wanted to stay at the Poly so I won't change my reservation. I think that is why it is hard to find a discount because WDW can fill it without one. We will be there the same time frame. Enjoy your trip.:wave:

Thanks! Same to you! Be careful. We planned to just go once to the Poly as a “splurge - who knows when/if we’ll be back” trip back in 2007. And now on our 6th time. It’s a wonderful place. But that “splurge” in 2007 sure seems like a great deal now lol! I keep telling myself - we only live once, the kids will be leaving the nest soon, we’re not going into debt or anything for it, etc etc. Once it’s paid for, I won’t worry about it anymore. Until then...

So, when my DD and I decided to fly down Tuesday night the 20th instead of arriving on the 21st, instead of adding a day onto our FQ res, I decided it made more financial sense to stay at the Pop that night and then switch to FQ. Well, today I decided I really didn't want to do that! I couldn't get preferred room and I imagined my DD and I walking a long way to our room at 1:30 a.m., only to repeat that walk in the morning and then still have to check in and unpack. Luckily, I was able to add that day to my FQ reservation! I did my magical math and it works out to only $18.00 a night more. :)
I have a bad back and I am determined to do this trip without a scooter. I think this decision will conserve my energy and help my back, even if it costs me more money.
Oh, and also, 99 days!!!

Booked for 11/25-12/1. Got several ADRs. CRT, BOG, but sci fi just can't be done. Gonna keep trying.

So, when my DD and I decided to fly down Tuesday night the 20th instead of arriving on the 21st, instead of adding a day onto our FQ res, I decided it made more financial sense to stay at the Pop that night and then switch to FQ. Well, today I decided I really didn't want to do that! I couldn't get preferred room and I imagined my DD and I walking a long way to our room at 1:30 a.m., only to repeat that walk in the morning and then still have to check in and unpack. Luckily, I was able to add that day to my FQ reservation! I did my magical math and it works out to only $18.00 a night more. :)
I have a bad back and I am determined to do this trip without a scooter. I think this decision will conserve my energy and help my back, even if it costs me more money.
Oh, and also, 99 days!!!

We are now probably headed down the night before, too, which is a Saturday night, we originally planned, but there is nothing available that is even remotely budget friendly. The cheapest option is FQ at $275. I don't think my husband will agree to that as this is a budget friendly trip (read value resort) since 1. we have already had two big vacations this year and 2. we wouldn't be arriving until 8:30 and leaving bright and early in the morning to hit the parks. I keep checking and things are popping up, so fingers crossed I can find something a little cheaper. If not, we will stay at the airport and take the ME in the morning.

Last edited:

Chiming in to say we're in the same position. We're staying CL at the Poly November 25-30, so around the same time. There doesn't even appear to be any rooms available at the Poly that week, much less a discount. I held out hope for the AP discount that came out today, but no luck. There seem to be fewer and fewer available discounts in November and at the Poly. Have a great stay at the Poly- I'm sure it will be worth it when we all get there! :)

We are now probably headed down the night before, too, which is a Saturday night, we originally planned, but there is nothing available that is even remotely budget friendly. The cheapest option is FQ at $275. I don't think my husband will agree to that as this is a budget friendly trip (read value resort) since 1. we have already had two big vacations this year and 2. we wouldn't be arriving until 8:30 and leaving bright and early in the morning to hit the parks. I keep checking and things are popping up, so fingers crossed I can find something a little cheaper. If not, we will stay at the airport and take the ME in the morning.
It doesn't hurt to call also, not just go online. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter