OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Just want to throw it out there... if anyone decides to cancel their CRT reservation for 11/14 or 11/15 could you reach out to me? It's the one thing my daughter requested that I can't get, I have alerts set and been calling every single day. It's defeating :( sigh....
@Eriboo3, I am trying to move our time up slightly for our 1:15 reservation for 3 on 11/14. IF I can find my preferred time and MDE doesn't force me to cancel when I rebook (grr :mad:), I will hold it for you. Would you have any interest in this time?

Last edited:
Just found this thread and am loving it!! :lovestruc

We are headed down from November 25-December 1. It's my first trip since I was about 11 or 12 (22 years ago!). It's the first trip for my DH and DD, age 5.

We are hitting the character meals pretty heavily and I was wondering if any of you with more experience think it's too much. Our schedule is as follows:

11/25- fly in early afternoon, dinner at 1900 park fare
11/26-MK- Chef Mickey's for dinner as we do not have tickets for MVMCP.
11/27-EP- Akershus lunch
11/28-AK- Tusker House breakfast ( hoping to turn this into ROL dining package when they are released)
11/29-MK- Be Our Guest Lunch
11/30-HS- Hollywood and Vine breakfast, fantasmic package
12/1- Bon Voyage breakfast, we fly out at 6pm.

Thoughts??

I would agree with others that every family is different. We like character meals. A lot. I'd rather kill two birds with one stone you could say. My family loves meeting characters so it's nice to knock a few out while we eat. I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer Chef Mickey's dinner to their breakfast. But I agree you could do one fab 5 meal and that would help eliminate some repeats and allow you to move 1900 PF. That meal is hilarious. For me, the food left something to be desired, but the character interaction was worth a million bucks! I also really enjoyed lunch at Akershus. I had the meatballs and they were great! My BFF had a chicken dish that she enjoyed. I think for a first trip with a 5 year old daughter you'll all really enjoy them!

Well we decided that switching hotels and driving from Universal, etc was enough to deal with and so we are skipping the AM EMH at the MK. Soo tired of stressing over it. We're going to head to MK around noon and use a few FP and see how much we can get done before they kick us out for MVMCP.

I booked a 6:15pm ADR at The Wave. I'm pretty excited about eating there. Hoping we can hop the monorail resorts and catch Christmas Wishes at the TTC. :thumbsup2

I am SO excited I booked my flight, was stressing over it. Paid more then I wanted to but it is done. I am going November 7th to the 12th. Can anyone help me change my countdown tracker? I have it set from last trip. We aren't going to Universal this trip. TIA

Well we decided that switching hotels and driving from Universal, etc was enough to deal with and so we are skipping the AM EMH at the MK. Soo tired of stressing over it. We're going to head to MK around noon and use a few FP and see how much we can get done before they kick us out for MVMCP.

I booked a 6:15pm ADR at The Wave. I'm pretty excited about eating there. Hoping we can hop the monorail resorts and catch Christmas Wishes at the TTC. :thumbsup2
We stayed at the CR in March and had dinner at the Wave. It was our first time and we were really pleased. We both got the filet and it was cooked perfectly and delicious.

We are headed down from November 25-December 1. It's my first trip since I was about 11 or 12 (22 years ago!). It's the first trip for my DH and DD, age 5.

We are hitting the character meals pretty heavily and I was wondering if any of you with more experience think it's too much. Our schedule is as follows:

11/27-EP- Akershus lunch
11/28-AK- Tusker House breakfast ( hoping to turn this into ROL dining package when they are released)

Thoughts??

We really like the character meals. However, we have only been to WDW twice and both times we had free dining. If we had to pay OOP, we wouldn't do them with our family of 5, they're just too pricey. If you have the DDP, they are a good use of a TS credit.

In 2010, our kids were 10, 7, and 4. We did CP, TH, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey, and Garden Grill. Enjoyed them all and it allowed us to see a lot of characters without waiting in line. They do take a lot of time, but really we needed a break anyway.

Last year, we went with a 13-member extended family group. Kids were 16, 14, 12, 10, 10, 7. We did CP, Chef Mickey, and Garden Grill. Again, everybody really enjoyed all 3.

This year, just my DH and I are going. We will have free QSDP. We aren't doing any character meals, although I would kinda like to do 1 or 2 OOP. $90 for the 2 of us is just a bit much for me!

I am SO excited I booked my flight, was stressing over it. Paid more then I wanted to but it is done. I am going November 7th to the 12th. Can anyone help me change my countdown tracker? I have it set from last trip. We aren't going to Universal this trip. TIA

I felt so relieved once airfare was booked, too! So glad I did it right away when the Southwest flights opened up, as the price has increased since then, and all but one really late flight are sold out for our return!

Boy, I REALLY wish park schedules were set this far in advance! I really would like to be able to get a decent itinerary, but I think things will change significantly by the time November rolls around. I certainly HOPE they keep AK open later!

If anyone has a Bon Voyage breakfast for 11/26 or 11/27 that they may be dropping I would like to coordinate a time. Thanks!

I have one for 11/27 for 4 people @ 9:15am. I thought I had to drop it when I picked up Garden Grill but it's still in my reservations.

Talked to dh last night and re-worked some of our plans. I need to find a Cape May and a new Via Napoli reservation but I know I can definitely get them. We decided to get the meal plan for the November trip. We didn't have one in July and we spent less than we would on the plan but November we'll be doing more character meals. Honestly I think no meal plan would be fine but dh worried so much about what we were spending that it's just worth it for my sanity to get the meal plan.

So here's the new plan:
Fri 11/24 -Arrival Day
Sat 11/25 - Go to AK in the morning to do Pandora and Safari then hop over to HS. Need to get a 6:30 ADR for Cape May.
Sun 11/26 MK BOG PPO and Ohana at 5:15pm Possibly hang at the Boardwalk after dinner
Mon 11/27 Epcot 8am GG
Tues 11/28 AK Tusker House at 10:10am will change to ROL package although I'm not sure we'll stay for the show (I have a 8am TH I'm going to drop if anyone needs it)
Weds 11/29 1900 @ 10am then go to MK and would like to see the HEA show
Thurs 11/30 MK then Whispering Canyon at 5:30pm
Friday 12/1 Bon Voyage at 9:15am then walk to Epcot via International Gateway to do Frozen and the countries. Need to get a Via Napoli for 7pm.
Saturday 12/2 HS possibly do Jedi training if we can get kids up. Sci-Fi at 3pm.
Sunday 12/3 departure day

Excited to find this thread and join in! We are heading to the Poly CL November 28-December 2.

Short trip, since it's my 2 year old DS's first visit (second visit with DD, who will be 6). I'm a little stressed about the 2 year old and how long he'll last at MVMCP, which we're doing on our arrival night, but figure DH or I can always stay with the 6 year old while the other takes the 2 year old back to the Poly...

Otherwise, we've been able to get most of the ADRs we want at reasonable times - but only after WEEKS of obsessive checking. This has been a tough trip to plan!!

Just did lots of catch up reading everyone's schedules and ADR's. I love seeing what everyone has planned! I took a few weeks off from planning but just upgraded to full service dining, booked the fireworks dessert party, and reset my TP alerts.

We arrive on Friday 11/24 around 6PM. We are just going to hang at CSR that night or if we are feeling really ambitious resort hop around MK to see the Xmas decor.
Sat 11/25-DHS-Sci Fi lunch, resort hopping around Boardwalk resorts and might grab dinner over there, still waiting to see what nighttime show DHS will offer
Sun 11/26-MK in the AM. We have a PPO Crystal Palace Reservation. I love meeting Eeyore and Tigger and REALLY wanted a breakfast buffet for all you can eat Mickey waffles. Hopping to Epcot by way of Beaches and Cream late lunch...still hoping to get a little later of a reservation to make it more of a dinner
Mon 11/27-AK to MK--hoping we won't be at AK late so we can enjoy evening at MK
Tues 11/28- MK and MVMCP--backup Crystal Palace day
Wed 11/29-our last full day since this was a shorter trip than normal :(-- DHS in the AM with lunch at Mama Melrose then hopping to MK for the fireworks viewing party
Thurs 11/30-we have a later flight so we will be able to hang at MK through midday and continue to snack on goodies :)

Seriously, my schedule for Disney includes all the food and snacks I hope to eat while there. So many things to try and not enough room in our bellies to fit it all!!:rotfl:

Last edited:

11/27-EP- Akershus lunch

Thoughts??

LOVE bc its' basically my schedule!!

11/25 Epcot
11/26 MK- Ohana breakfast
11/27 Akershus Lunch
11/28 MVMCP
11/29 BOG Breakfast
11/30 AK
12/1 Bon Voyage Breakfast as well :)

I have one for 11/27 for 4 people @ 9:15am. I thought I had to drop it when I picked up Garden Grill but it's still in my reservations.

Talked to dh last night and re-worked some of our plans. I need to find a Cape May and a new Via Napoli reservation but I know I can definitely get them. We decided to get the meal plan for the November trip. We didn't have one in July and we spent less than we would on the plan but November we'll be doing more character meals. Honestly I think no meal plan would be fine but dh worried so much about what we were spending that it's just worth it for my sanity to get the meal plan.

So here's the new plan:
Fri 11/24 -Arrival Day
Sat 11/25 - Go to AK in the morning to do Pandora and Safari then hop over to HS. Need to get a 6:30 ADR for Cape May.
Sun 11/26 MK BOG PPO and Ohana at 5:15pm Possibly hang at the Boardwalk after dinner
Mon 11/27 Epcot 8am GG
Tues 11/28 AK Tusker House at 10:10am will change to ROL package although I'm not sure we'll stay for the show (I have a 8am TH I'm going to drop if anyone needs it)
Weds 11/29 1900 @ 10am then go to MK and would like to see the HEA show
Thurs 11/30 MK then Whispering Canyon at 5:30pm
Friday 12/1 Bon Voyage at 9:15am then walk to Epcot via International Gateway to do Frozen and the countries. Need to get a Via Napoli for 7pm.
Saturday 12/2 HS possibly do Jedi training if we can get kids up. Sci-Fi at 3pm.
Sunday 12/3 departure day

We have similar schedules and we will be at Tusker House the same time as you on 11/28 (well, our ADR is at 10:30) 4 of our park days are the same though.

I don't think this is a MVMCP day. I think its on the 28th.
Whoops, I was using my spreadsheet from last year to recite my schedule and didn't change the actual dates. All fixed now:goodvibes

We have similar schedules and we will be at Tusker House the same time as you on 11/28 (well, our ADR is at 10:30) 4 of our park days are the same though.
This is the first year I haven't based my days on EMH. Usually I always go where there are morning hours but decided to try something different this year since getting to the park for 8AM is always exhausting. We always do the Tuesday MVMCP party so excited for that night!!! Maybe I will see you around the parks. We are trying to be more flexible this year without the ADR's everyday so we'll see how that goes!

Whoops, I was using my spreadsheet from last year to recite my schedule and didn't change the actual dates. All fixed now :drinking:

It just scared me for a minute because we planned to go to MK on the 29th and have it not be a MVMCP night. I thought I was going to have to scramble some ADRs around!

So I thought I had all my ADRs finalized a couple of weeks ago but now that we are back from our July trip, I may have to change some stuff around.

We just returned from our July trip and we are changing an ADR. :) We ate dinner at Citrico's, our first time there, and we liked it much more than Narcoossee's. So I'm going to switch that one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter