OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Would love your feedback! Heading to WDW with My DH, DS (5.5), DD (2.5), my mom and sister. We are staying at POP!

This will be a rather relaxed trip for us. We don't really want to push the kids to the max, we'd rather take it slow, do less and really just enjoy. Right now we have 4 day park hoppers....I am considering adding a 5th day because I think we are missing out at Epcot...I don't want to go full tilt on Sunday but I am thinking that after Bon Voyage we might be able to ride FEA pretty easily? Do some character meet and greets? There are only 5 of us going to BVB so we are planning on UBER family to get there so early in the morning. I don’t think we will miss much at Disney Springs other than the Christmas Shop…

On Friday I know that lunch and dinner are close but I am hoping that there will be a little bit of a wait at CRT so that dinner will be more at 6pm. We are going to play this night by ear – if the kids are wiped we will head back to the hotel but if they are doing well we might hang around as the next day is a travel day.

Ideally we would do BOG on Monday (I have a TP finder set up) but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen because of free dining/anticipated crowds that day.

Alternatively …. Cold do MK on Sunday for a ‘short’ day and then do EP on Monday to take advantage of lower crowds.

Also! What are your ‘MUST’ do attractions/events when you go with littles? I think I want to really narrow down what we feel like we need to do vs what we want to do.

Saturday, November 25: Arrival Day!

Sunday, November 26: 7:45am Bon Voyage Breakfast // Disney springs // Rest // 4:30pm 1900 Park Fare

Monday, November 27: MK rope drop! // 3:15 Plaza Reservation ... probably cancelling this because it will be parade time :(

Tuesday, November 28: Resort day // MVMCP

Wednesday, November 29: Sleep in! Head to Epcot // 11:30am lunch at Akershus (Might skip this) // walk to HS for Toy Story and TOT// 5:30 Hollywood and Vine for the Seasonal Dine

Thursday, November 30: AK! // Lunch at Tusker House

Friday, December 1: MK! // 1:05pm Lunch at BOG // 5:30 dinner at CRT

Saturday, December 2: back to reality

mk parade is at 2 now not 3

I think you should be able to ride FEA pretty easily after Bon Voyage. I've been following the fp thread and it has mentioned that the wait on FEA seems to not be too bad in the am until fast passes start for it which I believe is 11am. Last week, we ate at Garden Grill at 8am then I took my daughter to FEA and we were the first ones in line. Waiting for the ride to open. Park opened at 9am, we got over a little before 850 am. And the people with akershus ADRs didn't get in line until right before 9 am. So if you took the international gateway after BV, I think you'd be in pretty good shape. We walked on FEA and then met the 2 princesses which was also walk on even though wait time said 10 minutes. BTW, the wait time for FEA said 10 minutes even before it opened. lol I thought that was funny.

This is good to know! I am going to do the extra day and we are going to start off in Epcot! A first for us!

I do that too. I drive myself crazy. What are your breakfast & dinner plans that day? I'm too lazy to scroll back & look.

Dinner will be a QS in magic kingdom, breakfast is up in the air yet. I do plan on taking a mid day break that day since I want my 5 year old to make it through HEA without a meltdown.

Hi everyone! I could really use some advice about our upcoming November trip. I’m headed to WDW November 3-11 with DH, DS11, and DS8. We’re also traveling with one of my best friends, her DH, DS12, DS10, and DD7 (we are veterans, but it’s their first trip). Staying offsite (not super excited to be staying offsite this time, but DHs wanted more space and kids all wanted to stay together). We started planning the trip months ago….house is reserved (5 bedroom at Windsor Hills), flights are booked, and ADRs are made. Here’s where the problem comes in. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. It is very early (stage 1) and doctors are very confident with the prognosis. She’s already had one surgery to remove the tumor. A second surgery will happen soon, as well as chemo. I feel TERRIBLE for even thinking about our trip while she is dealing with these medical issues, however, I can’t help but wonder if she’s going to be healthy enough to make the trip. I know it’s still 4 months away and I haven’t mentioned anything to her yet about my concerns. Ideally we would just play it by ear and see how she’s feeling at that point in time. But, I don’t want to get stuck paying for a 5 bedroom house for my family of 4 if they can’t go. And I’ve already been watching the Disney site to see what’s available (we’ll move onsite if they can’t go) and it’s slim pickings. I know the longer we wait the less options we’ll have. But again, I would feel like such a jerk bringing this up to her right now. What would you all do???

So sorry to hear about your friend, but happy to hear it was caught early. My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last summer and had chemo all year. We took her to WDW this June to celebrate her last round of chemo. She had chemo Monday and we flew down Friday. For reference she's 58 and healthy despite the cancer. She did great the whole time, never complained about being sick or too hot. I think I was in bed asleep before her every night, she just wanted to keep going! Obviously everyone handles chemo differently, but I truly hope your friend can go. It may help her to have something to look forward to and lift her spirits! :hug:

Would love your feedback! Heading to WDW with My DH, DS (5.5), DD (2.5), my mom and sister. We are staying at POP!

Monday, November 27: MK rope drop! // 3:15 Plaza Reservation ... probably cancelling this because it will be parade time :(

Tuesday, November 28: Resort day // MVMCP

our plans are similar on Mon & Tues.. however we are just 2 adults, hope we spot you!

Mon - 11/27 we are in the MK all day watching the 2pm parade then WCC dinner at 5pm then back for Happily Ever After
Tuesday - 11/28 we are in Disney Springs then at the MK at 4pm for MVMCP

So sorry to hear about your friend, but happy to hear it was caught early. My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last summer and had chemo all year. We took her to WDW this June to celebrate her last round of chemo. She had chemo Monday and we flew down Friday. For reference she's 58 and healthy despite the cancer. She did great the whole time, never complained about being sick or too hot. I think I was in bed asleep before her every night, she just wanted to keep going! Obviously everyone handles chemo differently, but I truly hope your friend can go. It may help her to have something to look forward to and lift her spirits! :hug:

Thank you for sharing this story! I'm so happy your mom was able to go and is doing well. My friend found out yesterday that she will be having a mastectomy at the end of the month. I don't know what the next few months will be like, but I'm holding out hope that she will be able to go. There is no better distraction when you're recovering from surgery than planning a trip to Disney, right??!!

We have a 5 day ticket with no park hoppers. It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. Originally i was planning 2 days at MK and 1 day at each of the other parks. I have recently been contemplating skipping HS and doing 2 days at AK, 2 days at MK, and 1 day at Epcot. Thoughts?

We have a 5 day ticket with no park hoppers. It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. Originally i was planning 2 days at MK and 1 day at each of the other parks. I have recently been contemplating skipping HS and doing 2 days at AK, 2 days at MK, and 1 day at Epcot. Thoughts?
For us, I don't know what we would do for 2 days at AK. We had a great single day last time we went, but there wouldn't be nearly enough for us to fill a second. HS is going to be a half day park this time around for us. I also have a 5 year old, and last time we went the Frozen Sing Along was so memorable for her and her little brother. We're also planning to do the Toy Story ride plus the Beauty and the Beast Live Stage show. It's obviously going to depend on your family what the right answer is for you, but what about considering a half day at HS and the other half day at the Springs or afternoon at the pool?

EDIT: Sorry I forgot you had non-park hoppers...edited to correct for that :)

Last edited:

I would definitely still do a day at HS. Your DD will probably love TSMM, so you can ride that a couple times. Meet Woody/Buzz. Frozen show, Indiana Jones show, Muppets. Meet Olaf. I don't know how she is on rides, but she may like Star Tours or Tower of Terror. Beauty and the Beast Live or Disney Jr Live. With a 5 year old, I'd probably even do 3 days MK, 1 AK, 1 Epcot before doing 2 at AK. There's so much for little kids at MK.

Hi everyone! I could really use some advice about our upcoming November trip. I’m headed to WDW November 3-11 with DH, DS11, and DS8. We’re also traveling with one of my best friends, her DH, DS12, DS10, and DD7 (we are veterans, but it’s their first trip). Staying offsite (not super excited to be staying offsite this time, but DHs wanted more space and kids all wanted to stay together). We started planning the trip months ago….house is reserved (5 bedroom at Windsor Hills), flights are booked, and ADRs are made. Here’s where the problem comes in. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. It is very early (stage 1) and doctors are very confident with the prognosis. She’s already had one surgery to remove the tumor. A second surgery will happen soon, as well as chemo. I feel TERRIBLE for even thinking about our trip while she is dealing with these medical issues, however, I can’t help but wonder if she’s going to be healthy enough to make the trip. I know it’s still 4 months away and I haven’t mentioned anything to her yet about my concerns. Ideally we would just play it by ear and see how she’s feeling at that point in time. But, I don’t want to get stuck paying for a 5 bedroom house for my family of 4 if they can’t go. And I’ve already been watching the Disney site to see what’s available (we’ll move onsite if they can’t go) and it’s slim pickings. I know the longer we wait the less options we’ll have. But again, I would feel like such a jerk bringing this up to her right now. What would you all do???

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer diagnosis. Thankful they caught it early and praying that she is fully healed!

Can you just put down a deposit on the Disney room and then figure out closer to November what she wants to do? What's the cancellation policy on the house? She won't have any idea how she'll feel 4 months from now but maybe 30 days out she'll have a better idea.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. Make a reservation, put down the deposit and 45-30 days prior you can make a decision with her current health/energy levels in mind. If she's feeling up to it you can cancel the on-site reservation before the due date so you don't lose the deposit.

There are a lot of things at DHS that a five year old girl would enjoy. The Disney Jr show is cute and so is the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. She would also like Toy Story Mania and the Muppets.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer diagnosis. Thankful they caught it early and praying that she is fully healed!

This is what I was going to suggest as well. Make a reservation, put down the deposit and 45-30 days prior you can make a decision with her current health/energy levels in mind. If she's feeling up to it you can cancel the on-site reservation before the due date so you don't lose the deposit.
Great advice, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter