***Official November 2014 thread***

LOL, I cry as well, I'm such a baby. I don't think we're going to do a scavenger hunt, I think what we're going to do is wrap up the Magic bands in a gift and give it to them the day before we're leaving as an early Christmas present. We'll let them unwrap them and try to figure out what they are. pixiedust:

I feel so bad when I watch the scavenger hunts! Sometimes the kids don't get it or it takes them awhile to do!! I just want the parents to yell "We're going to Disney World!!!!!" Lol lol lol love the reactions, definitely the best part!!!!!! Good luck with your surprise!! Hope they go crazy when you tell them!!!! :)

There's a lot of us over on our Dis facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/416513881779157/
If you'd like to join there, too. I'm in both of the facebook groups, but he one I just posted is the much busier one! :-)

You can friend me and then I'll add you to the group and then you can unfriend me after, if you like! :-)

https://www.facebook.com/CelineEwingSoviero

I just know that a lot of us really get so much good out of sharing our trips/planning with others and I would feel badly if there's someone that really wants to be a part of a larger group, but doesn't know about it or how to get into it! Everyone is welcome! :)

Joining this thread...booked about 2 weeks ago; GF Nov 1-8. Hoping HS Football doesn't interfere with our plans. Right now ADRs are all over the place, really hoping for BOG dinner. Looking forward to F&W, we have never been, MVMCP a first for us as well!! It's been 3 years since our last WDW visit, so much has changed...New Fantasyland, Magic Bands, FP+ so definitely will be sending a FB friend request over to stay in the loop!popcorn::

Hello! New to the board. My family (with boys ages 8 & 1), along with my best friend and her family are booked at Pop for November 9th-16th. Not our first time at Disney but our first time during the Christmas season! Very excited to be doing MVMCP. Have ADR's at T-Rex, 50's Prime Time, Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe, Santa Angel Inn, Chef Mickey's, and Ohana. Still keeping fingers crossed for BOG. :) Hurry up November!

Hello! New to the board. My family (with boys ages 8 & 1), along with my best friend and her family are booked at Pop for November 9th-16th. Not our first time at Disney but our first time during the Christmas season! Very excited to be doing MVMCP. Have ADR's at T-Rex, 50's Prime Time, Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe, Santa Angel Inn, Chef Mickey's, and Ohana. Still keeping fingers crossed for BOG. :) Hurry up November!

Ooh, good ADRs!!! Yay!!! I think my family and I have resigned ourselves to the fact that we may just get a FP lunch at BOG. I just wanna see the inside so bad!!! :yay:

Corsetopia said:
Ooh, good ADRs!!! Yay!!! I think my family and I have resigned ourselves to the fact that we may just get a FP lunch at BOG. I just wanna see the inside so bad!!! :yay:

The only repeat resturant for us is T-Rex. Can't wait to try some new things. And I think we will probably end up doing BOG for lunch as well. The inside looks so beautiful and I just want to see it in person!

Hi everyone !!

We are going to be there Nov 5th - 17th !! :cool1:

Going to try to hit Universal .. but not so sure I want to spend so much money !!

We are trying Tusker House for breakfast for the first time and have heard wonderful things .. so excited !!

Also doing MVMCP on the 7th !! :santa:

Moodyzblu said:
Hi everyone !!

Going to try to hit Universal .. but not so sure I want to spend so much money !!

We are trying Tusker House for breakfast for the first time and have heard wonderful things .. so excited !!

Hello! We loved Tusker House for breakfast. A little sad we are not doing it this trip... But we wanted to try some new things. Btw, the Tusker House is very close to the safari and if you head there directly from breakfast you should have a short wait!

Love Tusker House too but we do it for lunch. It's DHs must dine.

So far my favourite food is at Liberty Tree Tavern.

We are doing about 7 places we know and like/love and 7 new places.

New for us this year is:

50's Prime Time
BOMA
Jiko
Park Fare
CRT
Via Napoli
Tepan Edo

I've been lurking about for a bit to get tips and ideas. We are planning a trip from 11/17-11/23 with my sister's family. My daughter's birthday is 11/20 and my nephew''s is 11/21. I'm having zero luck with booking any Princess ADRs for 11/20, though we do have MVMCP that evening. We didn't book until 126 days out, so with the free dining, almost everything was completely booked. I finally snagged an Ohana and Akershus on Saturday and Sunday. I am leaning toward the Royal Princess Tea Party for 11/20 for just the princess and I. Any other tips to make the most of her day? She wasn't as interested in Bippity Boppity Boutique this year, since she did it when we were there last January. She will be turning 7 and her favorite princess right now is Elsa.

Any November disney veterans on here have any "must do's"? We have young kids (4,2 & 1) Our dates are November 9-november 15 (after 3 days in universal) and we are staying at the beach club. We already have tickets for MVMCP! This is our 1st family disney trip!

Hi everyone !!

Yummm! The Tusker House breakfast was one of our favorite character meals, we loved it! The food won't disappoint. We couldn't get in this year though, but we're looking forward to trying out Akersush dinner this time!!! :cool1:

I don't think we're doing the MVMCP, we haven't been though. Is this a mistake? I wonder if we should reconsider and book it. The only thing that's kind of holding me back is we're taking an 11 month old and I'm not sure if he'd do well at a party that goes that late. :confused3

Gillespiedisney said:
Any November disney veterans on here have any "must do's"? We have young kids (4,2 & 1) Our dates are November 9-november 15 (after 3 days in universal) and we are staying at the beach club. We already have tickets for MVMCP! This is our 1st family disney trip!

I agree with previous posters about Tusker House for breakfast. It is a fun character meal and the food is good. Also our favorite is T-Rex in Downtown Disney.

Corsetopia said:
Yummm! The Tusker House breakfast was one of our favorite character meals, we loved it! The food won't disappoint. We couldn't get in this year though, but we're looking forward to trying out Akersush dinner this time!!! :cool1:

I don't think we're doing the MVMCP, we haven't been though. Is this a mistake? I wonder if we should reconsider and book it. The only thing that's kind of holding me back is we're taking an 11 month old and I'm not sure if he'd do well at a party that goes that late. :confused3

We love Tusker House as well. :)

We will be traveling with my best friend and her family, so we will have 3 kids (ages 9, 8 and 18 months) and are doing MVMCP. It is not our first Disney trip but may be our only time to be there for MVMCP. So we don't want to miss it. Btw, you can enter MK at 4pm on your party day.

It's official! We booked our 4 day getaway for November 10-13, 2014 at Coronado Springs Resort! (Loving that we got in on the Disney Dining Plan before all spots were gone!)

145 days to go... but who's counting? (Me! Me!)

I was just there at the end of May... but I so glad I'm going back!

Mike.!

we booked our trip for the 15-22nd. we've been at this time frame in years past (2012), and had very low crowds. at that time, we booked 5 months in advance and were able to get reservations for everything we wanted.

this year, though, we booked five months in advance (pray for us trying to get a BOG reservation), and I can't seem to land reservations for CRT or BBB, try as I might. A lot of other ADR's have been hard to come by too. anyone else noticing higher volume?

to top it off, i just found out yesterday (the day after booking our trip) that the pool at wilderness lodge (where we'll be) will be closed!

we booked our trip for the 15-22nd. we've been at this time frame in years past (2012), and had very low crowds. at that time, we booked 5 months in advance and were able to get reservations for everything we wanted.

this year, though, we booked five months in advance (pray for us trying to get a BOG reservation), and I can't seem to land reservations for CRT or BBB, try as I might. A lot of other ADR's have been hard to come by too. anyone else noticing higher volume?

to top it off, i just found out yesterday (the day after booking our trip) that the pool at wilderness lodge (where we'll be) will be closed!
I am definitely feeling your pain. I am hoping that the 0 ADR's I am coming up with is due to people holding a lot of character dining in case they want them, rather than an indication that the park is going to be jam packed. The CM I spoke with seemed surprised that there was nothing available so far out--not even an inconvenient time. It's crazy. I'm hoping it is still worth going.

I am definitely feeling your pain. I am hoping that the 0 ADR's I am coming up with is due to people holding a lot of character dining in case they want them, rather than an indication that the park is going to be jam packed. The CM I spoke with seemed surprised that there was nothing available so far out--not even an inconvenient time. It's crazy. I'm hoping it is still worth going.

keep trying. i've had a little luck by just repeatedly searching. i feel a bit like a trained monkey, but i'm getting there (slowly). odd things pop available all the time. i couldn't find anything at the 50'sPTC in hollywood for a good while, then magically a bunch of reservations showed.

still no luck with CRT or BBB. those are the two that will really bum my daughter out.

They announced free dining for dates during October through November a full three months earlier than usual, that is why ADRs are impossible to find already. :(

that's such a tough question: must do's at disney. it depends a lot on what your kids are into the most, i would think. MVMCP is pretty awesome. we've been in november once and really enjoyed it.

plan early and get your FP ready if they like toy story. if they're into princesses, then obviously the princess dining (CRT, Akershus, or 1900 park fare for dinner). Any character dinings are always fun at those ages (CRT and the Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends were my daughter's favorites when she was 4). along the princess line, the enchanted story with belle will be pretty awesome for the 4 year old, too.

there's lots more of course! i can give tips if i know more of what you like, perhaps.

Okay, so I know it's early, but it's never too early to start right :goodvibes Is anyone else planning a November 2014 trip?

Me and my DFI is planning our Disneymoon in November so we can experience all the Christmas stuff :santa: We'll probably stay at POFQ with the free dining like we did last time, as we loved that resort :cutie: I can't wait, 21 days in Florida is the plan :cloud9:

November travellers:
Oct 25th - Nov8th: pixleyyy - ASMU/offsite timeshare
Oct 26st - Nov 2nd: mommyof3princess27
Oct 30th - Nov 12th: Jonesloonybin - POP
Oct 30th - Nov 23rd: LucyBC80 - Universal's Cabanas Beach Hotel + POFQ (nov 11th)
Oct 31st - Nov 8th: Ayleana - AoA
Nov 1st - 8th: ksinniger - Poly
Nov 1st - 9th: stitchfan18
Nov 1st -9th: Funfire240
Nov 1st - 9th: MomTo3PrincessesInNJ - hotel TBD(1-6) + DCL (6-9)
Nov 1st - 9th: jerseygirl82 - hotel TBD
Nov 1st - 10th: ses1230
Nov 2nd - 10th: DVCMAUREEN - boardwalk
Nov 3rd - 12th: disneydad1954 - POP
Nov 4th - 14th: Bert Chimneysweep - Caribbean Beach
Nov 6th - 10th: momto3gr8boys - Yacht Club
Nov 6th - 11th:
Nov 6th - 13th: Shunasee - POFQ
Nov 6th - 15th: Monkey30 - hotel TBD
Nov 7th - ?: TinyDancer
Nov 7th - 15th: naynheath - WDW/Universal
Nov 8th - 15th: Mommy2cody - POFQ
Nov 8th - 15th: mrandmrsnjt1106 - hotel TBD
Nov 8th - 17th: tevisco4 POR or POFQ
Nov 8th - 22nd: CanadaluvsDisney - offsite 8-15, BC 15-22
Nov 8th - ?: Grandma Rainbow - DCL
Nov 9th - 13th: ChristineandLiv - Dream Cruise
Nov 9th - 15th: madouceamie - POR
Nov 11th - 24th: MrsBearcat - POP
Nov 12th - 18th: disneydad - POR
Nov 12th - 20th: Iloveyoumost - POR
Nov 13th - Dec 6th GirlDreamer - POFQ/AoA - Disneymoon
Nov 14th - 21st: tmrose03
Nov 15th - 21st: Sandy Mouse - POR or POP
Nov 15th - 22nd: chrystalc77 - AoA
Nov 15th - 22nd: KMcCP - POR
Nov 15th - 24th: princesskaycee - AoA
Nov 16th - 22nd: new york 1 - POFQ
Nov 16th - 22nd: JacknDawn4ever - POR
Nov 20th - 29th: DisneyFanSherry - AoA
Nov 20th - Dec 1st: WDW-A-RAMA
Nov 21st - 27th: peterssm - Bonnet Creek
Nov 22nd - 28th: mickeyplanner - BLT
Nov 22nd - 29th: Cierese
Nov 22nd - 29th: crazyventures - Marriott's Harbour Lake
Nov 22nd - 29th: rcjmouse - AKV
Nov 23rd - 28th: Bohemian74
Nov 23rd - 29th: wyonative78 - Swan
Nov 28th - Dec 6th: DisneyMama21 - AKV
Nov 28th - Dec 6th: Pbuttadad - BWV
Nov 28th - Dec 7th: tlk0908 - AoA
Nov 29th - Dec 5th: reneaterry - (POP)
Nov 29th - Dec 11th: Lindaland - BWV + cruise on the Magic from 30th + POP 7-11th dec
dates TBD (7 days): Barahona6
dates TBD: wiigirl
dates TBD: kbarret
dates TBD: boundfordisney

How did I not see this thread?! We will be staying at AoA Nov. 16- 22! We are taking my mom who has never been on a vacation in her life!! WICKED EXCITED! It's my ninth trip, my hubby's 3rd, and our three boys! We booked breakfast at Akershus so hopefully I won't get a huge eye roll from my oldest(12) when a princess hugs him!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter