***Official November 2014 thread***

They announced free dining for dates during October through November a full three months earlier than usual, that is why ADRs are impossible to find already. :(

great! that would explain why i can't find any ADR and why my hotel room is not eligible for the free dining promotion (they're all gone!).

Joining in!! We'll be there 20th-26th, staying at the YC. Hoping for a RO discount to open up, and to snag a CP 8:05 reservation on 11/21!! Got the other ADRs I wanted, including Dessert Party, but so far this CP is not cooperating!!

great! that would explain why i can't find any ADR and why my hotel room is not eligible for the free dining promotion (they're all gone!).

Last year we booked 3 months out and got every ADR/event and FP we wanted. So thankful. This year has been tough.

I'm trying to find Pirates And Pals Cruise, and Dessert Party (booked one but just realized it's a MVMCP night and we're not going that particular night).

I was going to try for BBB but my girls were dusted with pixie dust at DTD BBB for a little treat and it was everywhere...for daaaaaays ;)

Silly question:

I hear booking FP choices is a little different than last year. Is there a way to practice beforehand?

Silly question:

I hear booking FP choices is a little different than last year. Is there a way to practice beforehand?

i don't think there's a practice, but there is a thread might be helpful.

i apparently can't post links, but if you go to disboards.com and then add a / and then showthread.php?t=3143281 that should get you some info.

We are going on our first trip to WDW on Nov. 16-22nd w/ free dining also! We booked last month and although I didn't get all of the ADR's that I wanted, I did get some good ones so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm so excited as I've been planning this trip for years!

Joining in!! We'll be there 20th-26th, staying at the YC. Hoping for a RO discount to open up, and to snag a CP 8:05 reservation on 11/21!! Got the other ADRs I wanted, including Dessert Party, but so far this CP is not cooperating!!

it's not the time you wanted, but i've got a CP for the afternoon that day that i'm getting ready to drop.

it's not the time you wanted, but i've got a CP for the afternoon that day that i'm getting ready to drop.

Oh, thank you, but I'm looking for the AM slot for the early entry (I gotta have my almost empty walk down Main Street!!) (The food is just a bonus:thumbsup2)

Speaking of Crystal Palace, we've never been before but have an ADR for 8:35am. I know 8:05 is the sought after time but is 8:35am bad? Will we still get to see a quiet Main Street? If we show up at say, 8:20am, is there a chance to get seated earlier?

Woohoo, finally got a Fantasmic pkg lunch for our HS day... I know it isn't necessary, but just makes it easier!

Now if I could just magically get a 6:50 BOG for 11/14... pixiedust:

we booked our trip for the 15-22nd. we've been at this time frame in years past (2012), and had very low crowds. at that time, we booked 5 months in advance and were able to get reservations for everything we wanted.

this year, though, we booked five months in advance (pray for us trying to get a BOG reservation), and I can't seem to land reservations for CRT or BBB, try as I might. A lot of other ADR's have been hard to come by too. anyone else noticing higher volume?

to top it off, i just found out yesterday (the day after booking our trip) that the pool at wilderness lodge (where we'll be) will be closed!

Hi, we booked the same dates 15-22. This is the first time we are heading to WDW in November. I was very surprised myself with the lack of availability. I thought November was a less crowded time and that we would be able to at least try BOG again. Last year we went in August (our usual travel time) - which was packed, packed, packed! Still we were able to book all our favorite restaurants (this was a time for Free Dining as well). Very curious. :confused:

Hi, we booked the same dates 15-22. This is the first time we are heading to WDW in November. I was very surprised myself with the lack of availability. I thought November was a less crowded time and that we would be able to at least try BOG again. Last year we went in August (our usual travel time) - which was packed, packed, packed! Still we were able to book all our favorite restaurants (this was a time for Free Dining as well). Very curious. :confused:

I've seen this complaint a lot. I'm experiencing difficulty with a few ADRs myself. It'll be our first trip so I have nothing to compare it to, but it does seem way more difficult to get ADRs than it should. One possible reason I've seen suggested is the release of all the Free Dining dates at one time...maybe people are booking reservations for November earlier this year because they were able to book with free dining earlier. I'm hoping people are holding "just in case" reservations they're going to start cancelling. If not, well, I guess we'll have another reason to go back! :laughing:

My guess! only a guess!
It's probably still less crowded than other times but because of free dining people are actually making the ADRs. I know in the past we never even bothered to get ADRs. Last year with FD we did. This next trip no FD so we are not planning in advanced and will be just as happy with QS.

When you have the FD it forces you to make the TS ADRs in order to make sure you get what you want for TS. I found FD we ate way more often than we do at home and much more, because it was there. But when we have to pick and chose as we go, we are satisfied with less. If that makes sense.

So when the crowds are bigger the TS probably get plenty of customers but when FD happens they probably get even more customers.

Hope that makes sense, but again that's my guess.

Please sign us up!! We're a fam of 4, myself, DH, DD (9), and DS (7) staying @ CSR, 10/31-11/10 on the DxDP! I was also surprised by the lack of available ADRs but I've been hounding the reservation site and have already picked up some hard to get ADRs...C. Grill (just in time for Wishes), pre-park opening CP and TH. it just takes some persistence but you'll find what you're looking for. We've also booked category 1 seating for Hoop Dee Doo and a Pirates @ Pals Fireworks voyage!! Absolutely can't wait to return to WDW!

Our dates are official (as in made our reservation)! We will be staying at WL October 31 through November 5. :cool1: November is my favorite time of year with the lower crowds, nice weather (usually), F&W events. Can't wait! :hyper:

I'm worried about this too. Our trip is 11/11-11/16. The only way I could convince my DH to go was under the premise it would not be as busy as our usual July trips. Now I'm panicking that we will be faced with busy parks again.

We'll be at AoA 11/23 - 11/29!~!~! This will be our 2nd trip....I love spending Thanksgiving and the beginning of the Christmas season at my happy place, lol!~!~!

I'm worried about this too. Our trip is 11/11-11/16. The only way I could convince my DH to go was under the premise it would not be as busy as our usual July trips. Now I'm panicking that we will be faced with busy parks again.

Don't waste too much energy worrying about the November crowds. November has been getting busier, yes, but still no where near July levels. The weekends at EP will be really crowded, until after Veteran's Day, due to the Food and Wine Fest, which is why we go. There are a few other events here and there (runDisney, Jersey Week, etc.), but otherwise, if you are used to July crowds, a November visit is going to be very relaxing! :goodvibes Which is why we only ever went to DW in July once!

I've noticed the ADRs disappearing much quicker too. I suspect (personal opinion here) that MDE and the Disney advertising is pushing the 180 day reservations. Very few people used to do this; it's the thing to do now, whether you know where you want to eat or not. "But it's an option, so we better make a reservation!"

Don't waste too much energy worrying about the November crowds. November has been getting busier, yes, but still no where near July levels. The weekends at EP will be really crowded, until after Veteran's Day, due to the Food and Wine Fest, which is why we go. There are a few other events here and there (runDisney, Jersey Week, etc.), but otherwise, if you are used to July crowds, a November visit is going to be very relaxing! :goodvibes Which is why we only ever went to DW in July once! I've noticed the ADRs disappearing much quicker too. I suspect (personal opinion here) that MDE and the Disney advertising is pushing the 180 day reservations. Very few people used to do this; it's the thing to do now, whether you know where you want to eat or not. "But it's an option, so we better make a reservation!"
Thanks for the reassurance-I feel better. I've only been during July and August, so I'm really looking forward to this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter