"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone! Just caught up on about 35 pages in this thread since I last got a chance to read, and thanks to everyone who has been posting updates & advice!

Quick question - when you go to get cookies/goodies and drinks at the free snack stops, do you have to have everyone present or can one adult get in line but get cookies for their entire party or up to a certain number? I have an overall group of 10 but 4 in my own family, and am hoping one of us can wait at a parade spot or ride with the kids while the other adult goes for snacks. Thanks!

I think so, yes. But I can imagine there could be cast members or situations where they might refuse. Pretty sure they'll give you extras no problem, but I can't say yes 100%. If that makes sense.

Where abouts in adventureland does Moana meet, does anyone know?

Right across from the magic carpets. There will be a roped off area.

I believe my tickets say non-transfer, non-refund...It’s too sad to look at them.
I have to postpone my carefully planned trip
I purchased 4 tickets for Dec 22.
Are they really non-transferable? I see them online from third parties.
I don’t want to sell on eBay or whatever to a family that is then turned away.

No Christmas trip is devastating, which seems dramatic, but it had so much meaning and I have it paid off.
Losing $400+ is an extra blow.
If I can recover any, I’m going to get a 2nd Christmas tree and decorate 100% Disney.

Appreciate your help.

I am so sorry if this question has been posted already. We are newbies to the party (going in December), so I'm trying to work out a rough plan for the night. Thank you to everyone who has posted with information about the parade, showtimes, etc. I was wondering if there is a MAP showing where all of the characters will be and what time they first come out. Something like that would be incredibly useful! Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I would just subscribe to Kenny the Pirate's character locator. It is $7 for a year's service. He has maps and character start/end/ and break times up.

Other than that, you might be able to google a party map and then kind of label the characters yourself, since Disney doesn't see the need to put specific characters on the map, they just post a mickey head.

I believe my tickets say non-transfer, non-refund...It’s too sad to look at them.
I have to postpone my carefully planned trip
I purchased 4 tickets for Dec 22.
Are they really non-transferable? I see them online from third parties.
I don’t want to sell on eBay or whatever to a family that is then turned away.

No Christmas trip is devastating, which seems dramatic, but it had so much meaning and I have it paid off.
Losing $400+ is an extra blow.
If I can recover any, I’m going to get a 2nd Christmas tree and decorate 100% Disney.

Appreciate your help.

Not really. Call Disney. Tell them your circumstances and ask if you might be able to cancel. If that CM says no, call back and get another CM. I have been able to cancel tickets twice. They say non-refundable, but just keep calling until you find a CM that will refund them.

So perhaps this has been discussed before... I've tried to keep up with this thread but there are a lot of pages! What are your thoughts on watching the Christmas Parade in Frontierland instead of in front of the castle? We plan on watching the Christmas shows, fireworks and a Frozen Holiday Wish in the hub, but I was thinking of maybe sneaking over to Adventureland for a better/easier viewing experience for the parade. That way we don't have to get to/stay in our spot for as long. Will this take away from the atmosphere at all??

Last edited:
So perhaps this has been discussed before... I've tried to keep up with this thread but there are a lot of pages! What are your thoughts on watching the Christmas Parade in Adventureland instead of in front of the castle? We plan on watching the Christmas shows, fireworks and a Frozen Holiday Wish in the hub, but I was thinking of maybe sneaking over to Adventureland for a better/easier viewing experience for the parade. That way we don't have to get to/stay in our spot for as long. Will this take away from the atmosphere at all??

Sadly, I kind of think it does. I almost always recommend Frontierland as the best spot for the Halloween parade because it is a bit of a spooky atmosphere.

But if you don't watch the Christmas parade on Main Street, you are missing out on snow and the gorgeous lit up castle in the background.

If you don't want to wait as long, try for a spot near the Train Station. For some reason those spots never fill up as fast. If you sit there and have any desire to see Mickey, you can also walk quickly the short walk over to his area as the last float is going by, then you'll most likely have a very short wait to meet him.

Party night for us and we are first in line for the 7 dwarfs. Hoping they come out soon. Plus we got our merchandise awhile. Hoping for lots of characters, Magic shoots, and want to try all the treats.

Has anyone had any experience with the Nick and Judy line at MVMCP? I was there on Nov. 10 but didn't even get to see where they were set up in Tomorrowland that night. I was with my sister, who's pregnant, so snacks, fireworks, and parade were the main priorities of the night. But I go back with my kids and hubby on Dec. 22, and my ten year old wants to see Nick and Judy more than anything else. I would love to know when they come out, and how long their line is looking before the party starts. Thanks so much for any info!

This will be my first ever party at Disney and I am so excited! Would someone mind helping me put a good schedule together?

My main concern would be seeing the parade, shows, and fireworks. I wouldn't mind seeing Santa Mickey, Moana, or Santa Stitch (is this an actual meet and greet? I've only seen pictures so not sure), but they aren't priority. If possible, I was thinking of trying to see both showings of the parade.

When should I scope out a spot for everything?

Hi everyone! I have a quick question about the entry procedure for MVCP - sorry if this is a silly question or if it has already been asked!

We will be attending the party on our arrival night, before we have used any days off of our hopper passes. Our hopper passes and party tickets are already purchased and attached to our magic bands in MDE. We plan to enter the MK around 5:00pm. If we enter through the designated MVMCP tapstiles using our magic bands, can we be certain that only our MVMCP tickets will be used, and not a day from our hopper passes?

Again, sorry if this is a silly question. I really want to do everything correctly and not have any troubles or surprises later in the week. Thanks so much for any advice you can give!

Has anyone had any experience with the Nick and Judy line at MVMCP? I was there on Nov. 10 but didn't even get to see where they were set up in Tomorrowland that night. I was with my sister, who's pregnant, so snacks, fireworks, and parade were the main priorities of the night. But I go back with my kids and hubby on Dec. 22, and my ten year old wants to see Nick and Judy more than anything else. I would love to know when they come out, and how long their line is looking before the party starts. Thanks so much for any info!
Don’t know about how the line was prior to the party but it was about 30 mins just after the 1st parade (9:10 or so)
They are set up where buzz lightyear meets during the day (just past the buzz light year ride before you reach carousel of progress)

So perhaps this has been discussed before... I've tried to keep up with this thread but there are a lot of pages! What are your thoughts on watching the Christmas Parade in Adventureland instead of in front of the castle? We plan on watching the Christmas shows, fireworks and a Frozen Holiday Wish in the hub, but I was thinking of maybe sneaking over to Adventureland for a better/easier viewing experience for the parade. That way we don't have to get to/stay in our spot for as long. Will this take away from the atmosphere at all??

Actually, it will be rather difficult to see the parade from Adventureland, since it doesn't go through there. ;) (It goes through Frontierland.)

What is the party merchandise?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...es-festive-merchandise-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Don’t know about how the line was prior to the party but it was about 30 mins just after the 1st parade (9:10 or so)
They are set up where buzz lightyear meets during the day (just past the buzz light year ride before you reach carousel of progress)
Thanks so much for the info. We'll try to get over there around 9:00 then if the line looks only about 30 minutes at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter