"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to the first party and had a blast!
We got to HM at 6:45 as they were setting up the Magic Shot...still waiting for Zero to show up :rolleyes1
We got the mistletoe Magic Shot on the bridge into Tomorrowland near Laugh Floor/Stitch.
Stopped in front of the tree for the Magic Shot (video and a picture with a border).
Got the Magic Shot outside (too big to post)...just a gingerbread man and reindeer overlay.

So in all you did FOUR Magic Shots/Photopass:
Zero at Haunted Mansion
Mistletoe on the Bridge into Tomorrowland near Laugh Floor/Stitch
Picture Frame Prop by the Christmas Tree
Reindeer & Gingerbread Man at the Park Entrance

Thank you so much to everyone who is posting experiences, updates, and tips! This thread is getting me soooo excited! I'm especially stoked about the Magic Shots as I got Memory Maker for this trip!

I have to start hammering out a plan! We'll be there December 17th!

We're going on the 8th December. Really can't wait it ill be our first Christmas party. Just 2 adults, hoping to see the parades, shows etc, try all the treats and just soak in the atmosphere. Not going for the M & G, and not bothered about rides as we will be there all day. Really can't wait. Any suggestions on a plan or tips for us would be appreciated.

That is us too! We'll be at the park all day so I am sure we'll be able to get everything done considering we'll be there until the party ends at midnight! Only thing is that the only reservation we could get for BOG is at 8:05pm. Considering we won't be standing in line for M&G's, do you think we'll miss a lot while we're having dinner?

It seems like people have to stake out a spot early for the fireworks at MVMCP. I thought the Dessert Party priority seating would be a waste, but it seems like it may be necessary on a Party night as well. Do you agree?

29D12C55-17C6-4899-9EAD-A7CC2E5D8D08.jpeg 3EA91E68-3438-4A7C-B25D-2AB3EC051514.png
Based on fellow DISers confirmation Magic Shot - Current Listing Thread has been updated, please see: MVMCP 2017 Magic Shots - Post #11

I will continue to update MVMCP and add more photos when as they become available. @monique5 please feel free to post this link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/

Thank you! :santa:
I looked at the link quickly

The mistletoe shot can be found many places. We were offered it multiple times in the Hub and Main Street area as well as at Hollywood Studios tonight.

Also the picture with the toy soldiers you posted appears to me to be an old shot of mainstreet from the flag pole area.
This is our first time at MK when it has been decorated for Christmas but in that spot currently there is an enormous tree sitting on top of “wrapped presents”. The toy soldier picture I mentioned is a magic shot taken while standing on Main Street (between the buildings) not in this location. This area is where the Kringle crew shot is.
This is what it looks like now (this is not my pic so I apologize for the quality but I cropped someone out of it)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to post what I experienced from my first mvmcp on the 10th November regarding jack skellington.
As I entered at 4pm, I headed straight to Sandy claws. I was around 8th in line and the attendant said he wouldn't be out until 7pm. I thought nah he'll be out a little early but unfortunately nope - he came out dead at 7pm. The line was quick and I finished by 7:15pm.
I asked if there was a reason he was coming out exactly at 7 and not a tad earlier than the dwarves and was told (whether this is true or not - please don't shoot the messenger), people have made complaints that the party technically starts at 7pm and they're not happy that certain characters are meeting earlier than the party start time.
They will try with jack for the first few parties then may be implement it with others which I guess are Moana and the dwarves.
If it is true, it's a shame I guess but not a huge problem as the party is absolutely amazing and I'm glad I was able to experience it for the first time.

Posted in FB group. Anyone see this?

Allowing day guests in character lines until 6pm? PP specifically stated occurred in Moana line @ the 1st party.

We’re the characters actually greeting guests before 6:00? If so, seems fair to me. Day guests paid for full park access until 6:00. They have to compete for fastpasses with party guests from 4:00 to 6:00.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post what I experienced from my first mvmcp on the 10th November regarding jack skellington.
As I entered at 4pm, I headed straight to Sandy claws. I was around 8th in line and the attendant said he wouldn't be out until 7pm. I thought nah he'll be out a little early but unfortunately nope - he came out dead at 7pm. The line was quick and I finished by 7:15pm.
I asked if there was a reason he was coming out exactly at 7 and not a tad earlier than the dwarves and was told (whether this is true or not - please don't shoot the messenger), people have made complaints that the party technically starts at 7pm and they're not happy that certain characters are meeting earlier than the party start time.
They will try with jack for the first few parties then may be implement it with others which I guess are Moana and the dwarves.
If it is true, it's a shame I guess but not a huge problem as the party is absolutely amazing and I'm glad I was able to experience it for the first time.

I hope this wont be the case :(

Would it be possible to watch the first parade from the dessert party (either from Tomorrowland Terrace or Plaza Gardens)?

Our original plan was to do the dessert party and then catch the later parade, but now we are having second thoughts since we’d miss out on some of the shorter lines the last hour of the party.

So in all you did FOUR Magic Shots/Photopass:
Zero at Haunted Mansion
Mistletoe on the Bridge into Tomorrowland near Laugh Floor/Stitch
Picture Frame Prop by the Christmas Tree
Reindeer & Gingerbread Man at the Park Entrance

Mistletoe: 24DB04EE-E70C-4880-99D3-727BACD621B0.jpeg

Christmas tree (I thought it was a border but it’s just a MVMCP stamp. The video has the pre-parade Main St dancers and snow):32CBAB02-8091-4A00-A2D6-5BEC781DFEE9.jpeg

Park Entrance:BC851440-70FA-45B3-9B5F-AD15600D6C55.jpeg

Where Zero should be (I submitted it to PhotoPass last night):FC27EC42-4700-49EC-A288-5F70418F3044.jpeg

Would it be possible to watch the first parade from the dessert party (either from Tomorrowland Terrace or Plaza Gardens)?

Our original plan was to do the dessert party and then catch the later parade, but now we are having second thoughts since we’d miss out on some of the shorter lines the last hour of the party.
You will not have a good view of the parade from either area, unfortunately.

Does anyone have information on wheelchair viewing for the parade and fireworks? We'll be there in a few weeks and my mom has an ECV. Thanks!

We’re the characters actually greeting guests before 6:00? If so, seems fair to me. Day guests paid for full park access until 6:00. They have to compete for fastpasses with party guests from 4:00 to 6:00.
No, this is not ok for day guests to get access to exclusive party characters without paying for a party ticket. I’ve never been in a line prior to the start of the party where the handlers weren’t checking wristbands, so hopefully this was just a fluke or isolated incident.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. That is a long wait. I guess we'll see where the line is at 5 and decide from there.

I am so sorry if this question has been posted already. We are newbies to the party (going in December), so I'm trying to work out a rough plan for the night. Thank you to everyone who has posted with information about the parade, showtimes, etc. I was wondering if there is a MAP showing where all of the characters will be and what time they first come out. Something like that would be incredibly useful! Thanks in advance!

This was us last night. We got there around 5, headed to our FP for BTMR, then wandered and just took in everything. We did teacups and carousel and Space Mountain, and picked up some treats before finding a spot that was perfect for seeing the parade. We were there from like 7:30, so we saw the Christmas stage show, A Frozen Holiday Wish (I don’t like frozen, but gee this is magical) and the parade. The parade was such a highlight for us. Every other time we’ve been to a Disney park, which isn’t often as we live in Australia, the full parade has been rained out. Tip: strollers tend to take up most of the curbside - pick a spot directly behind a stroller - chances are nobody will stand right in front of you and you’ll have a great view. After the parade, we noticed that meet Mickey was only 5 minutes so we headed there and that was AMAZING!! and then picked a spot for the fireworks (again, magical), after which we hightailed it to 7DMT along with everyone else. Wait time said 50 minutes but we were on in 30. After that, we wandered around and absorbed Christmas vibes and holiday treats - and left as the second parade was starting.
So, where did you watch the parade and fireworks from? Your night sounds like how I'm hoping our first ever MVMCP goes. We have tickets for Dec 17. I'm feeling like/hoping I'm obsessing over how to do the treats, shows/parade and a few rides more than I need to. Thank you so much for posting the details of your party experience!

I'm sure someone knows this but I've never read it anywhere. Is the garden area in front of the Plaza (the one used for the fireworks dessert party) closed off the entire day/evening or just beginning when the dessert party starts do they ask anyone in that fenced in area to leave? Was wondering if we could watch the 6:15 or 8:15 Frozen Castle lighting from in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter