• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If following MNSSHP thread, that was resolved. PP were able to book FP+ with just MNSSHP tickets. Also, PP with MYW Tickets & MNSSHP Tickets (I.e. 5D + 1) made FP+ for 5 days then for 1 day, even if MNSSHP was Day 3. FP+ on MNSSHP were made between 4-6:60pm, 2.

Several posted making 3, 3:30-4:30, not sure how worked out. As of now, no reports of losing FP+.

Great, thanks!

Several posted making 3, 3:30-4:30, not sure how worked out. As of now, no reports of losing FP+.
Maybe not posted in the MNSSHP thread, but MANY in my October groups have reported losing FPs. It's been the last day of FPs that have been cancelled, not the party day. What's seemed to work is booking all regular days first, then the party day. And nothing starting before 4. For MNSSHP, this has allowed folks to get 2 FPs (between 4 and 6:30). For MVMCP, with park closure at 6, I'm guessing this will only allow guests to schedule 1, if at all (between 4 and 5:30).

Lucky you!!!

My airline took it upon themselves this week to change our departing flight to 8 hours earlier There goes our last day......

Same happened to us. Just checked my flight reservations and our departing flight is now 3 hours earlier. Not as bad as your 8 but I know the feeling. :sad1:

Is it acceptable to continue going back for complimentary cookies? Or will they only give you one serving?

Maybe not posted in the MNSSHP thread, but MANY in my October groups have reported losing FPs. It's been the last day of FPs that have been cancelled, not the party day. What's seemed to work is booking all regular days first, then the party day. And nothing starting before 4. For MNSSHP, this has allowed folks to get 2 FPs (between 4 and 6:30). For MVMCP, with park closure at 6, I'm guessing this will only allow guests to schedule 1, if at all (between 4 and 5:30).

No updated reports on the 3:30-6:60pm times. But PP did post about having made 2 between 4-6:30pm with emails from CMs which I posted earlier in this thread with images & they were not canceled, if later cancelled, not reported. Some PP had there's added back by Disney too & this was reported on MNSSHP thread too.

Only as good as reports received. And only can go by MNSSHP report now, but things are different this year with MK closing @ 6pm for MVMCP & not for MNSSHP. But depending on length of stay or MVMCP ticket only we are not in FP+ booking window to have reports for MVMCP so my only reference was MNSSHP.

I was told we will have a 15min late courtesy and then it would be stand by but the lady I spoke with expects we should be able to make it.

I was told we will have a 15min late courtesy and then it would be stand by but the lady I spoke with expects we should be able to make it.

15 minutes for ADRs. You get like 5 or 10 for FP+. I would double check. Again all should be fine & call if something happens, most PP have good reports situations like this, things out of your control. And CMs @ check-in counter are more accommodating that phone CMs too. Relax and enjoy your trip!!!!:santa: And your Food!

Post 3 shows which parties sold out last year & the day it sold out on. I never feel comfortable telling someone to wait for purchasing something that could sell out so look @ past history. I do understand saving money.

Thank you! I do understand it's a risk to wait that close to the date, but hopefully it can be a risk I'm fairly confident in!

Given the choice of attending the 11/9 party or the 11/10 one, which would you choose?

I'm finding reports that the first party of the season will be chaotic, but also that Friday/Saturday parties are generally most packed. Any advice for this party newbie (whose FP day is tomorrow!) would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter