"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! My daughter will be 6, and my son will be 2.5. My current game plan is to get to MK by 4 p.m., ride rides with FP+/eat dinner around 5, and watch Mickey's Merriest Celebration at 7:40, Frozen Holiday Wish at 8:15, and the 8:30 parade - which is already way past bedtime! Of course, since these times are based on last year's schedule and the MNSSHP schedule looks later this year, I think there's a chance we can't do all of this...

I would love to see others' rough schedules for MVMCP with little ones!
Our first party too going Tuesday Nov 28. No kids just the wife and I. We also hope to arrive at 4pm ish. We're staying at grand floridian so hopefully this will be easy! Just curious, I see the party tickets are attached to our magic bands on MDE. What happens at 4pm? We enter as normal and then start our evening? Or is it better to enter later (6pm?) and then maybe it's quieter? What are people's thoughts who have been before?

we are going on the 28 th it will be me and my wife we will go back to mk around 500 to 530 this is what we did last time it worked out good for us

we are going on the 28 th it will be me and my wife we will go back to mk around 500 to 530 this is what we did last time it worked out good for us
How does it work? Do you just enter the park and they see you have the Christmas party ticket on your magic band? What about riding rides and getting food from the booths? Do you need to scan your magic band for these?

Has anyone ever had an issue entering around 4 with party admission and having it take a day off a multi-day parkhopper instead? Didn't occur to me that might be an issue but I read that it was for some. Plan on four days - 3 day PH & one MVMCP only day.

Has anyone ever had an issue entering around 4 with party admission and having it take a day off a multi-day parkhopper instead? Didn't occur to me that might be an issue but I read that it was for some. Plan on four days - 3 day PH & one MVMCP only day.
There will be a separate entrance for partygoers (usually off to the right). If you enter here, it will take your party ticket. If you enter via the main entrance, you run the risk of them taking a park day by mistake.

Silly question because I'm secondguessing myself: Is it possible to change the MVMCP tickets to a different date? I bought mine as soon as they were available for December 17, and now I'm thinking it would be better for us to go on Dec 14.
I know it says "non-refundable", but is it worth a try to ask Disney to change our date? (I still have to make up my mind, but if it's a definite NO, I won't worry anymore!)
Thanks for your ideas!

Silly question because I'm secondguessing myself: Is it possible to change the MVMCP tickets to a different date? I bought mine as soon as they were available for December 17, and now I'm thinking it would be better for us to go on Dec 14.
I know it says "non-refundable", but is it worth a try to ask Disney to change our date? (I still have to make up my mind, but if it's a definite NO, I won't worry anymore!)
Thanks for your ideas!

Many have been successful in calling and having dates changes. Sooner rather than later, especially if party might sell out.

Those were my options as well. I choose the 10th because it works better for our plans, but I'm thinking they will be relatively similar in terms of crowds. The first party is usually busy due to bloggers, etc. But the Friday party will likely be busy too since, well, it's a Friday and also Veteran's Day. For what it's worth, Touring Plans ranks those 2 parties as #15 and 16 busiest of the year (out of 21).
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/06/21/finding-least-crowded-mickeys-merry-christmas-party-2017/

Thanks so much for the info. I hadn't seen the touring plans info. Looks like either is fine but think we may go for the 9th since we can get a cheaper rate

Are the dates pretty consistent each year? I'm thinking of going next year in november. Trying to book for the last week of the month between the 25-30th. Do you think there is a good chance a party date will be available?

Are the dates pretty consistent each year? I'm thinking of going next year in november. Trying to book for the last week of the month between the 25-30th. Do you think there is a good chance a party date will be available?

For the most part, yes, dates in December (last party) are based on day of week Christmas is on. No parties week of Thanksgiving, so you should have 2 parties during your week based on past dates.

Last edited:
Do you all do MK the party day or another park? I didn't know the two days I planned for MK were party days, so if we don't do the party then we have to leave at six or pay hundreds more to stay. I tried switching my park days but all restaurant reservations are taken so looks like we either have an early night or pay for the party.

Do you all do MK the party day or another park? I didn't know the two days I planned for MK were party days, so if we don't do the party then we have to leave at six or pay hundreds more to stay. I tried switching my park days but all restaurant reservations are taken so looks like we either have an early night or pay for the party.
The good thing about going on a party day is crowds will be lower so you can get more done then a normal day. We usually do 2 MK days, one on a party day (not attending the party) and then attend a party for the second day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter