"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were having issues with the party guest traffic coming and non party guests traffic exiting at one time. Now they are trying to filter it out so 30,000 people aren't coming in while 40,000 people are going out at the same time (random number since Disney won't release numbers on party guests). A huge number of party guests see that the party starts at 7 and don't know that they can come early, so there is a huge crowd coming in the 30 minutes prior to the party. Before, when the park closed at the same time, those crowds faced the the non party guests and it was quite the traffic jam. They are trying to close an hour earlier to get the crowd out for the most part before that party rush comes at 6:30. The difference between all of the guests coming at rope drop and party guests coming in, is the rope drop guests don't have oncoming crowds to deal with. They don't have to fight their way through thousands of people exiting so it's easier to push people through. They even changed rope drop procedures so the crowds aren't at the gate the whole time clogging up the entrance, now they can disperse through Main Street and people flow through better than they did before. Letting party guests come in slowly over 3 hours keeps traffic down while the one hour earlier park closing helps keep outgoing traffic low for the incoming group. Having turnstiles only going one way on one side and the other way on the other side causes a lot of cross traffic with people that don't understand the flow. Look at Wal-mart, huge Enter and Exit sign above the doors, how many people actually follow those signs. Not many, way too many people either don't read or don't care. Now multiple that by the 10s of thousands and it's a nightmare. Throw in strollers, wheelchairs and slower traffic and it's the 101 freeway at Rush hour with a 5 vehicle pile up (101 Freeway in California notoriously the biggest traffic jam freeway in California lol).
Yeah, I get it. I just figure the hour should be good enough. I wouldn't mind it taking a while to leave as much if it's at 6pm. At 9pm exits I'm like OMG just let me out of here! I guess they need to create a back entrance!

We always do late dinners on party nights so we will be missing the transition. On nights we aren't staying for the party after our ADR is over we will be fighting the party crowd with a CM holding up their lit-up snowman (if they still do that).

Ha. When I see the Walmart Enter sign as I'm leaving I always have to think twice, because I always think "Enter through this door to go where you want to go..."

Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker for a few months now and this whole possibly losing our fastpass+ for party nights is got my all confused now. I am going from Nov 7-11. My wife and I are going to the first party on Nov 9th. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket. The plan for us to arrive in MK around lunch time and spend the rest of the day and party time at MK. With making my FP I can use park ticket and wont have a problem correct? My thinking since I have park ticekts for all my days plus the party ticket I will be fine. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker for a few months now and this whole possibly losing our fastpass+ for party nights is got my all confused now. I am going from Nov 7-11. My wife and I are going to the first party on Nov 9th. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket. The plan for us to arrive in MK around lunch time and spend the rest of the day and party time at MK. With making my FP I can use park ticket and wont have a problem correct? My thinking since I have park ticekts for all my days plus the party ticket I will be fine. Please let me know if I am wrong.
That is correct. If you are going to use a park ticket on the same day as the party, you can make FP using the park ticket with no issues.

Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker for a few months now and this whole possibly losing our fastpass+ for party nights is got my all confused now. I am going from Nov 7-11. My wife and I are going to the first party on Nov 9th. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket. The plan for us to arrive in MK around lunch time and spend the rest of the day and party time at MK. With making my FP I can use park ticket and wont have a problem correct? My thinking since I have park tickets for all my days plus the party ticket I will be fine. Please let me know if I am wrong.
Just don't make FP reservations for your day ticket and for your party ticket. That's where the random FP issues are coming into play, with people who are trying to make 6 reservations for the party day.

Just don't make FP reservations for your day ticket and for your party ticket. That's where the random FP issues are coming into play, with people who are trying to make 6 reservations for the party day.
Not true. The system will prevent you from booking more than 3 anyway. The issue is the system not recognizing the party ticket as "valid ticket media" for FP booking purposes. So for those that booked FPs on a party ticket only (no other park entrance that day), the system is seeing, for example, 6 days of FPs but only a 5 day ticket (it's not counting the party ticket). So it's deleting the last day of FPs from the account.

Not true. The system will prevent you from booking more than 3 anyway. The issue is the system not recognizing the party ticket as "valid ticket media" for FP booking purposes. So for those that booked FPs on a party ticket only (no other park entrance that day), the system is seeing, for example, 6 days of FPs but only a 5 day ticket (it's not counting the party ticket). So it's deleting the last day of FPs from the account.
OH! Wow, I was so confused.

The average person doesn't stay at the park all day, or know about the FP+ system. Shocker to those on the DIS, but I (and many others) encounter so many PP that are clueless about Disney and think they can show up like at Six Flags or don't book FP+ b/c don't want to be "tied to a schedule" then are upset when only did 1-2 rides, maybe 3, but could have done 4-6 or more with FP+ and a plan.

This is so true. Our last trip, I had 3 people ask me how you get into the Fastpass line. They had no idea about the app or anything. I had to quick try to explain to them how to make fastpasses. With the last person, I just ended up telling her to go to a FP kiosk and ask a Cast Member to help her. I know that some people want a spontaneous, unplanned vacation, but really they are cheating themselves and their families by not doing any research at all. It's a waste of time an money.

This is so true. Our last trip, I had 3 people ask me how you get into the Fastpass line. They had no idea about the app or anything. I had to quick try to explain to them how to make fastpasses. With the last person, I just ended up telling her to go to a FP kiosk and ask a Cast Member to help her. I know that some people want a spontaneous, unplanned vacation, but really they are cheating themselves and their families by not doing any research at all. It's a waste of time an money.

I heard a DJ on the radio complaining about going to AK for the day. They were in Orlando for something else and thought they could just drop in to AK and see the new Pandora stuff. My first thought was "Oooh, honey!" :crazy:

My next thought was "How stupid!" :furious: Of course you couldn't get on any rides without waiting and there was "nothing" to do. You made NO plans, did NO research, and now you're badmouthing the park? For crying out loud! :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I just checked the email you get after you book a party ticket.

It says you may now book Fasspass+ if you've added a THEME PARK TICKET. Party tickets are not theme park tickets.

It also states under the *Valid theme park admission is required.

The email confirmation I got with my party tickets says something different. This is the exact wording in it (copy/paste):

"Thank you for your recent ticket purchase! Please visit www.mydisneyexperience.com to link your tickets. With your tickets linked, you will be able to begin selecting your FastPass+ experiences once your selection window opens. You can reserve your FastPass+ experiences 30 days prior to your visit to the theme parks. If you are staying at one of our Walt Disney World Resorts, you can start planning even earlier at 60 days prior to your check in date. For assistance with linking your tickets or selecting FastPass+, please contact the Internet Help Desk at 407-939-7765."

And below, it lists my MVMCP tickets and the price I paid. My email doesn't specify a certain type of ticket is needed to book FastPass+, and it even tells me that once I link these tickets I can create FastPass+

Last edited:
The email confirmation I got with my party tickets says something different. This is the exact wording in it (copy/paste):

"Thank you for your recent ticket purchase! Please visit www.mydisneyexperience.com to link your tickets. With your tickets linked, you will be able to begin selecting your FastPass+ experiences once your selection window opens. You can reserve your FastPass+ experiences 30 days prior to your visit to the theme parks. If you are staying at one of our Walt Disney World Resorts, you can start planning even earlier at 60 days prior to your check in date. For assistance with linking your tickets or selecting FastPass+, please contact the Internet Help Desk at 407-939-7765."

And below, it lists my MVMCP tickets and the price I paid. My email doesn't specify a certain type of ticket is needed to book FastPass+, and it even tells me that once I link these tickets I can create FastPass+
Yeah, I know. Someone else posted that somewhere...

Unfortunately, I think that email is generated by the old coding of a "ticket" being booked. That coding didn't differentiate between what KIND of ticket was booked. They send out the same email no matter which ticket you purchased. Very misleading.

Then the other person got the other email stating if you have a Theme Park ticket you can start booking FPs, etc... Did you get that email also?

Yeah, I know. Someone else posted that somewhere...

Unfortunately, I think that email is generated by the old coding of a "ticket" being booked. That coding didn't differentiate between what KIND of ticket was booked. They send out the same email no matter which ticket you purchased. Very misleading.

Then the other person got the other email stating if you have a Theme Park ticket you can start booking FPs, etc... Did you get that email also?

So the second email I got was when I linked the ticket to guests in my MDE. I actually got two emails per person because I linked regular tickets and MVMCP tickets. In that one it does use the word "theme park ticket", but I read those as generic too because conceivably you could add some sort of other ticket that wasn't for admission? I don't know. I'm not really worried about it, I guess. I feel that my first email would be good enough defense for making a fuss with customer service if some fast pass got cancelled, especially since you could argue that in a sense MVMCP was a theme park ticket as it granted you admission into a theme park (they literally sent me a plastic ticket for it in the mail just like regular tickets, and no where does it say that it isn't a regular ticket!)

What a pathetic messed up communication system they have.

FP+ with MVMCP Tickets

As of date, you can make FP+ selections with MNSSHP. We have not reached the 60D mark for the 1st party (earlier with PP that have resort stays prior to 11/9) which is 9/10/17. There are actual reports that PP with only MNSSHP tickets and MYW tickets had their last day of tickets canceled (ex. 4D MYW ticket and 1 MNSSHP ticket = 5D of FP+ booked). For some of these Disney canceled the last day of FP+ and this wasn't necessarily their party night (i.e. for some it was their AK day and FoP FP+). Others received emails that they must cancel or modify FP+ selections by a certain date or within 24hrs (actual reports).

However, there are numerous emails stating this is not the case (several PP posted on MNSSHP thread) and reports that FP+ selections had not been deleted (ex. 4D MYW ticket & 1 MNSSHP ticket = 5D FP+). This is why Post #1 still has the same FP+ info....
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.
  • When Can I Make FP+ Reservations?
    • Staying at a Disney World Resort: 60D in Advance
    • Staying at a Non-Disney Resort: 30D in Advance
Please note, if you only purchased MVMCP tickets, your FP+ reservation is still based on resort check-in day (60D in Advance).

Also, PP have received emails from Guest Services and the Sales & Service Team (See examples below from MNSSHP thread) stating you can enter at 4pm and you can make FP+ selections with MNSSHP. So definitely some ******* among Disney departments, as well as, would explain why some FP+ selections were canceled and some were not. Also, a post indicated PP was able to get back canceled FP+.
View attachment 258219

Hope this helps!

So the second email I got was when I linked the ticket to guests in my MDE. I actually got two emails per person because I linked regular tickets and MVMCP tickets. In that one it does use the word "theme park ticket", but I read those as generic too because conceivably you could add some sort of other ticket that wasn't for admission? I don't know. I'm not really worried about it, I guess. I feel that my first email would be good enough defense for making a fuss with customer service if some fast pass got cancelled, especially since you could argue that in a sense MVMCP was a theme park ticket as it granted you admission into a theme park (they literally sent me a plastic ticket for it in the mail just like regular tickets, and no where does it say that it isn't a regular ticket!)
YES!

FP+ With Special Ticket Events (MVMCP & MNSSHP)

As noted with previous post, yes, some had FP+ canceled that were using MNSSHP tickets. A few of those have since been reinstated. I attached an image showing emails from Guest Services and Sales Department stating YOU COULD MAKE FP+ with MNSSHP tickets. So error or intentional, there is NOW verbiage that states you can make FP+ selections with only a party ticket. Also, please note everyone who had made FP+ with MNSSHP tickets did not have FP+ removed. Therefore, Post #1 still states...
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.
  • When Can I Make FP+ Reservations?
*Staying at a Disney World Resort: 60D in Advance
Please note, if you only purchased MNSSHP tickets, your FP+ reservation is still based on resort check-in day.
*Staying at a Non-Disney Resort: 30D in Advance
FastPass+ FAQs
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fp-faq-addendum.3538258/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/ (Thread name changed to SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 6th of June!, as of May 2017.) ---It has been determined it violates Disney's Terms of Service for MDE.

EDIT: Yes, there are concerns. Yes, some are still hesitant to make FP+ with just party ticket. Yes, some have made FP+ with only party tickets. What you choose to do as an individual will be left up to you, but there is documentation stating it's okay to make FP+ with party ticket and are those that never lost FP+. The DIS (PP that post here) is good in keeping us informed and reporting real actions, but things have changed/updated since that original post. Also note, Disney generally has "subject to change" on just about everything, if not all things.

Last edited:
A friend sent me a proof of my Christmas ears, which she's creating for me. I'm so in love with the concept of the band and the bow representing Rudolf and all the elements she's adding to the ears! She's also making a Donald Duck and a UP! styled ear.

Anyone else making/buying custom made ears?

Attachments

• File 03-08-17 9 07 29 PM.jpeg
    File 03-08-17 9 07 29 PM.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
A friend sent me a proof of my Christmas ears, which she's creating for me. I'm so in love with the concept of the band and the bow representing Rudolf and all the elements she's adding to the ears! She's also making a Donald Duck and a UP! styled ear.

Anyone else making/buying custom made ears?

Cute! I am sticking with the traditional Green Minnie Ears headband (Disney Parks Merchandise), has red bow--purchased 3 years ago. However, when they released details for this year it was a read headband and ears with a green bow :surfweb:.

Navidad All Year Long!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/disneyfamilia-navidad-all-year-long/

You can celebrate the holidays any day of the year at WDW. Disney has several stores around the resort where you can find ornaments, stockings, décor and even clothing, all themed to the holidays.

Disney's Hollywood Studios: It’s a Wonderful Shop
Here you can find art, collectibles and all sorts of gifts with a festive theme and a hint of Old Hollywood glamour.

Magic Kingdom: Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
In Liberty Square, where you can ‘shoppe’ for your favorite Disney ornament.

Epcot: Die Weihnachts Ecke
You can find unique hand-made crystal ornaments in the Germany pavilion. Literally “the Christmas corner,” this store is a great place to learn about the famous ‘pickle’ ornament and other German Christmas traditions.

Disney Springs Marketplace: Disney's Days of Christmas

Did everyone who purchased tickets to MVMCP get hard tickets mailed to them? I never did and I bought them on opening day. I do see them on my MDE. Could it have been something that I chose NOT to receive when I purchased them? I am just wondering if I will be let in with no problem NOT having a hard ticket.

Did everyone who purchased tickets to MVMCP get hard tickets mailed to them? I never did and I bought them on opening day. I do see them on my MDE. Could it have been something that I chose NOT to receive when I purchased them? I am just wondering if I will be let in with no problem NOT having a hard ticket.
I got them in the mail. I purchased them over the phone though because I had two gift cards and online you could only use one form of payment. I didn't ask for tickets one way or the other, but they did show up at my house about a week later. However, I had already gotten an email and linked them to my account. Ironically, on the same phone call I also bought park tickets. Those did not get mailed to me, but were just added to my MDE account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter