"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see my tickets on the app, and it says the wrong date like someone mentioned above. On the desktop website version I can't see my MVMCP tickets, just my regular park tickets!

I'm going to take a guess and say they pressed the "button" to start the ticket purchasing without actually updating MDE to handle the new tickets.

I can only see my tickets on the app, and it says the wrong date like someone mentioned above. On the desktop website version I can't see my MVMCP tickets, just my regular park tickets!
I had to link mine with the confirmation number I received, then they showed under my normal reservation :)

I'm sorry to ask but we have never been during Christmas. It will be me, dh, son, and grandson. Grandson will be on a mobility scooter we will be bringing with us. Is this a must do? Before I spend the $400. I just had to ask!! Is it something you wouldn't miss for anything?? Thank you for any one that will clue me in.
Susan

to me this is a very personal decision in answering. For me personally, it's a must do - I've never been, I've never been to Disney at Christmas, I'm a HUGE Disney fan and it has been a bucket list item to see it at Christmas.

For my husband, it's not a must do. For a lot of my friends, it wouldn't be a must do. Thankfully my DH gets to do what I say and the friend I'm traveling with also thinks it's a must do.

For me, the $ is worth the Disney experience and I can't wait! But I know many people who wouldn't think it would be worth it.

OK, the ticket purchase page says (emphasis added);

This still leaves open the question of why the park calendar shows a MK closing time of 6 PM on all party dates thus far.

While the simplest explanation is that the listed Park Hours are mistaken, and that it will be corrected soon, it is also still possible the party times are changing in 2017 (either extended by an hour, or starting/ending one hour earlier), and that the ticket purchase page was just mindlessly updated via cut-and-paste with a boiler plate message that included party times from previous years.

Just sayin'.

This link shows MK closing at 7pm on party days.

https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDW_TAC_2017nov.pdf

So I am a scrapbooker (paper and pictures not digital) will we get the plastic tickets in the mail even if we have magic bands? We are planning to go on 11/28..Thanks Michelle

Mine went straight into my tickets on the app but as many have said mine show the wrong date int eh app - they show 6th December not 5th december
Paper tickets I have printed and e mail show 5th

However - I cannot tell you how darned excited I am - I have danced round the room. Never been to Disney at Christmas before and so so so excited!!!!!!

Yup, dates are wonky when I linked mine as well. Also the Reservations page under MDE is a bit wonky now too, not even showing my wife and son's 8-day tickets. I figure the Special Event ticket linking threw the system for a loop.

That said, SOOO looking forward to this trip!

Mine went straight into my tickets on the app but as many have said mine show the wrong date int eh app - they show 6th December not 5th december
Paper tickets I have printed and e mail show 5th

However - I cannot tell you how darned excited I am - I have danced round the room. Never been to Disney at Christmas before and so so so excited!!!!!!
I have never been either and I am dancing right along with you! I think I'm more excited than the kids are! :)

The guy I booked with said to wait about a week before linking as they're aware of a current issue with incorrect dates showing up...

Like I'm ever going to be that patient!!

Just a little something weird I noticed...If you go into the MDE App on your phone and go to the My Tickets section, it shows the wrong date for your party ticket. Mine shows tickets for December 2, 2016 and December 9, 2016 when I just bought tickets for December 1, 2017 and December 8, 2017. I have my confirmation email with all the correct information so it's probably just a bug in the app. Just wanted to let people know just in case they open the app and see wrong dates on their party tickets as well.

I thought it was just me...it's showing the Party tix for the day I leave :eek:

My dates are correct and I was able
to link without any issues, however..the CM I spoke with on the phone said they were having issues with wrong dates and linking. They are working on the issues :) Super excited and can't wait for Christmas at Disney!

cant seem to find out about pricing for kids under 3 and infants for the Christmas party...

I'm sorry to ask but we have never been during Christmas. It will be me, dh, son, and grandson. Grandson will be on a mobility scooter we will be bringing with us. Is this a must do? Before I spend the $400. I just had to ask!! Is it something you wouldn't miss for anything?? Thank you for any one that will clue me in.
Susan

Like all things it depends. :)
The decorations will still be there when you're there and you'll still be able to see the castle lighting ceremony on the normal tickets (if you go on a party day - I don't recall if they do the lighting on a non-party day).

What you'll be missing is cookies, the Christmas parade and a close up view of the holiday fireworks. (You can see the fireworks from the Contemporary or Polynesian beach though too)

Like all things it depends. :)
The decorations will still be there when you're there and you'll still be able to see the castle lighting ceremony on the normal tickets (if you go on a party day - I don't recall if they do the lighting on a non-party day).

What you'll be missing is cookies, the Christmas parade and a close up view of the holiday fireworks. (You can see the fireworks from the Contemporary or Polynesian beach though too)
and the option of staying late in park. Normal ticketed customers have to leave park at normal time which equates to shorter lines at a lot of attractions.

It also shows "Wishes Fireworks" on non-party nights in the MK, which is obviously not accurate.

The date on that PDF is 4/14/2017, while the on-line Park Calendars with 6 PM MK closing times were added after that date. The on-line calendar is current through 11/16/17, and assuming that one day is added at a time (as I have noticed), then the first on-line Park Calendar with a 6 PM MK closing time was added one week ago, on 5/3/2017, which could mean that the on-line Park Calendars are more up-to-date.

are we 100% sure on this? When you go to checkout it does say "price is for pass holders only" I dont want to get to the gate and there be a problem with other people in my party.
I can tell you from personal experience over the past several years a family member of mine purchased our tickets to to MVMCP and MNSSHP - she lives in Orlando and has an AP - we've gone both with and without them to the events, and have never once been asked to present the AP during admittance or had a problem getting in to the MK. We've also never linked them to the MDE, we've just used the hard copy ticket (plastic card) to access the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter