"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same issue as a few others have mentioned. I bought 3 tickets this morning and selected email as way of receiving the tickets since I will have a magic band. I got the email confirmation. The tickets are showing up on the app, but not on the web browser. Of course, on the app it's showing the wrong date with the year 2016 through the date I am attending in 2017. I tried linking the tickets to MDE on the website, but it's telling me the confirmation number is either already used or cannot be linked (although it's already linked on the app). I bought the tickets on the website, not the app. Last time was different for me because I ordered hard copies of the tickets for MNSSHP a few years ago and when I got the tickets in the mail I linked them fine on the website. I just want everything to look right on MDE!!! When I went to try to add the party to my plans it's not even a thing you can add yet (the Halloween party is on there though). Frustrating.

I was unsuccessful getting a BOG reservation for dinner for any night of our trip. Just wondering if they open up reservation times for during the Christmas Party?

Also, I totally can't decide if we should do the fireworks dessert party. We are attending two parties. One on November 9th and another on November 10th (the last night of our trip). I would prefer to watch the fireworks from a straight on view and I'm not thrilled about having to pick up the tickets, etc. for the dessert party but I'm wondering if it will be so busy and crowded on the 10th that we would be better of doing the dessert party (even though we don't care for the desserts...). Absolutely thrilled to be attending the parties for the first time. Decisions are sooo hard!

Wow - was planning on attending 12/15 (our first night of our trip), but it is quite a bit more than if we went 12/17 - wonder why? They expect more locals on a friday night party?

Exactly this, just like Resorts in Disney and hotels elsewhere are more expensive on a Friday night vs. a Sunday night, crowds are bigger because people tend to do more on those days vs. right before going back to work.

I don't know if this has been shared yet. I saw it online in a FB group so take it with a grain of salt. We won't know for sure until Disney, Shades or maybe Military Disney Trips release their info:

"The dates for military discounted Halloween and Christmas parties are as follows (the list is not long unfortunately):

MNSSHP:
August 25, 29
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17, 24

Adults- $51.80
Children- $48.30

MVMCP:
November 9, 12, 14, 16"

Dates seem pretty likely as they are close to last year's... but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if that price is accurate. Last year were $63/60 I believe.

I was unsuccessful getting a BOG reservation for dinner for any night of our trip. Just wondering if they open up reservation times for during the Christmas Party?

Also, I totally can't decide if we should do the fireworks dessert party. We are attending two parties. One on November 9th and another on November 10th (the last night of our trip). I would prefer to watch the fireworks from a straight on view and I'm not thrilled about having to pick up the tickets, etc. for the dessert party but I'm wondering if it will be so busy and crowded on the 10th that we would be better of doing the dessert party (even though we don't care for the desserts...). Absolutely thrilled to be attending the parties for the first time. Decisions are sooo hard!
Two years ago I was able to get 6pm ressie for bog about two months before our trip I checked every day

Dates seem pretty likely as they are close to last year's... but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if that price is accurate. Last year were $63/60 I believe.

Looks like these are only the prices for Halloween. I'll check if the person updated with Christmas party pricing. Last year the Christmas party was more expensive then the Halloween party too so these prices fall in line with the Halloween party which was $50.40 last year. I'm actually surprised that the Christmas party is more expensive, but I haven't been to a halloween party yet. This year will be my first.

Yes, the saving on the tickets would be one of those discounts.

of course, but is $5 savings per MVMCP ticket worth the $600 (give or take) for an AP? The obvious answer is no.

If you buy $800 in souvenirs and save $80 - $160, book 2 - 3 trips and save $400 on a park ticket and you save a couple extra bucks here and there....then it makes sense.

Just ordered our MVMCP tickets for December 1st! woop woop! Just can't wait!! Wish we could have gone for December 3rd, but that will be our departure date. Oh well! Haven't done a Friday party before. WHat kind of crowns should we expect?

Looks like these are only the prices for Halloween. I'll check if the person updated with Christmas party pricing. Last year the Christmas party was more expensive then the Halloween party too so these prices fall in line with the Halloween party which was $50.40 last year. I'm actually surprised that the Christmas party is more expensive, but I haven't been to a halloween party yet. This year will be my first.

That makes more sense. I didn't know what the military mnsshp rate was last year, only mvmcp. This is the first time there's even a chance of us using the discount for either party (although we've attended both) as we're there Nov 11-18.

Mine went straight into my tickets on the app but as many have said mine show the wrong date int eh app - they show 6th December not 5th december
Paper tickets I have printed and e mail show 5th

However - I cannot tell you how darned excited I am - I have danced round the room. Never been to Disney at Christmas before and so so so excited!!!!!!

I'm the 5th too!!! Can't wait!

I'm a new passholder and it's all a little confusing to me...in my handy dandy passholder handbook, it says for these specialty ticked MK park events, it says you can buy for the "Passholder and up to three guests", but it also says the discount is for day-of admission price and not "advanced sales admission price", but I can put them in my cart on MDE (I can't purchase yet, as I'm not sure of our plans, but was just checking to see about the discount). So, I'm not sure if I'm reading it right or what...

I'm not sure what's confusing to you - is it what I've bolded? That just means that you can't stack a passholder discount on top of an advance purchase discount.

Question for anyone who might know: my husband and I would qualify for the military discount if the party dates above are correct. Assuming they are, would disney refund us for what I bought so we could get the discount? I already purchased and completely forgot about the military discount.

I'm not sure what's confusing to you - is it what I've bolded? That just means that you can't stack a passholder discount on top of an advance purchase discount.

I've never done a Christmas party so I didn't know that other advance purchase discounts were available, so I don't know what that would be referring to? I already assumed one couldn't stack discounts. What confused me was that as I read it, I thought it meant that in order to get the AP discount, you had to purchase the tickets the day of the party since it said day-of admission, as opposed to advanced sales (I thought if I purchased them online it would be an advanced sale), and that didn't make sense to me since people would want to purchase them in advance.

Just ordered my first ever tickets to the party! My wife and I are going 12/1 and 12/8 to bookend our trip!

Just a question...Do your tickets show up anywhere in MDE? I linked the tickets to my wife and I when making the purchase but I would just be nice to see them somewhere in MDE.

The CM I spoke to today said it can take up to 72 hours! Yeah!

Just a little something weird I noticed...If you go into the MDE App on your phone and go to the My Tickets section, it shows the wrong date for your party ticket. Mine shows tickets for December 2, 2016 and December 9, 2016 when I just bought tickets for December 1, 2017 and December 8, 2017. I have my confirmation email with all the correct information so it's probably just a bug in the app. Just wanted to let people know just in case they open the app and see wrong dates on their party tickets as well.

The same CM also told me dates are coming up wrong but they have the correct dates on their end and it will be fixed ASAP.

are we 100% sure on this?

When you go to checkout it does say "price is for pass holders only"

I dont want to get to the gate and there be a problem with other people in my party.

I am 100% sure - maybe even 101% sure!

I'm a new passholder and it's all a little confusing to me...in my handy dandy passholder handbook, it says for these specialty ticked MK park events, it says you can buy for the "Passholder and up to three guests", but it also says the discount is for day-of admission price and not "advanced sales admission price", but I can put them in my cart on MDE (I can't purchase yet, as I'm not sure of our plans, but was just checking to see about the discount). So, I'm not sure if I'm reading it right or what...
I've bought for more than 3 people that weren't AP members before without a problem. The tickets just get linked to everyone's magic bands so no ID was even needed for us. We were all staying on property and everyone's name was on the reservation - not sure if that mattered!

The change this year to make sure no dining reservations or fastpasses are scheduled after 6pm.
Well, there goes our third FP+.

We usually schedule FP+ using party tickets from 3:45-4:45, 4:50-5:50 and 5:50-6:50. Not even moving the first one to 3:10PM we'll be able to get a third FP+ if the system cuts off at 6PM. We'll still try to move our second FP+ as soon as we hit the first attraction but timing will be everything.

I've bought for more than 3 people that weren't AP members before without a problem. The tickets just get linked to everyone's magic bands so no ID was even needed for us. We were all staying on property and everyone's name was on the reservation - not sure if that mattered!

Good to know, thanks! We'd be a party of 4, but I was just messing around with it this morning (new toy and all...) and I put more than 4 in my cart to test it. It let me put more than 4 in, although I didn't purchase yet so I wasn't sure if it would allow me to complete the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter