• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has a link with details for the dessert party? Very disappointing that the parade viewing isn't included, that was a major draw for us.

I was going to book this just to see the parade but if they aren't offering it there is no way. We went to a party a couple of years ago and it was so crowded we didn't get to see the parade and this was an hour before the parade even started. It seemed like there were a lot of people without wrist bands on just sitting on Main St.
Yeah, no parade viewing is a deal breaker for me too. I was so excited to book this I was actually getting my Disney gift card out and then decided to re-read the fine print to make sure everything was good... and then I saw no mention of the parade. So disappointing.

Is there no parade viewing? I've passively considered this but definitely won't do without parade viewing.

Whoops, I didn't even notice it didn't mention parade viewing. Hmmm.... may need to reconsider...

We booked today too. If there is no parade advantage then we may cancel.

There is no parade viewing which is why I was going to book, and is why I booked in the past. So I'll keep my money for now. This is so disappointing.

I was going to book this just to see the parade but if they aren't offering it there is no way. We went to a party a couple of years ago and it was so crowded we didn't get to see the parade and this was an hour before the parade even started. It seemed like there were a lot of people without wrist bands on just sitting on Main St.

Anyone has a link with details for the dessert party? Very disappointing that the parade viewing isn't included, that was a major draw for us.

According to this post from the MNSSHP, parade viewing is included with the MVMCP dessert party :

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

I have a feeling that this was already covered in this thread, but here goes. I know I read that you CAN make FP reservations from 4-6 pm on your MVMCP day. But would that take a day of FPs away from other ticket days? Here's my situation: We are going to the parks on a Saturday, MVMCP on a Sunday, and the parks on a Tuesday. If I make FPs for Saturday and Sunday, will I not be able to make FPs for Tuesday? I can't imagine that MVMCP is considered a regular ticket.

I have a feeling that this was already covered in this thread, but here goes. I know I read that you CAN make FP reservations from 4-6 pm on your MVMCP day. But would that take a day of FPs away from other ticket days? Here's my situation: We are going to the parks on a Saturday, MVMCP on a Sunday, and the parks on a Tuesday. If I make FPs for Saturday and Sunday, will I not be able to make FPs for Tuesday? I can't imagine that MVMCP is considered a regular ticket.

If you've got a 2 day ticket for Saturday and Tuesday and an MVMCP ticket, then you can make 3 days' worth of FP reservation.

You can make FPs using your party ticket as long as you're not going to be in a park that day using a regular ticket (and have FP for that park). Basically you can only hold one set of FPs per day.

Disney phone reps are notoriously inaccurate. The website for MVMCP dessert party has no mention of the parade so until I see if that changes I'm out.

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case it sounds like she was looking at something that indicated parade viewing was included. The website is also known for being inaccurate. ;)

Just called to make a reservation. The CM confirmed that the parade is not included. Bummer. I went ahead and booked it since there is a cancellation policy up to 5 days prior to your date. That way I still have the flexibility to change my mind if they don't add the parade back (hopefully they do).

We booked today too. If there is no parade advantage then we may cancel.
Just an update. I emailed disney signature services regarding the parade viewing not being listed on website as we are staying club level this trip. The CM who responded to my email said that preferred viewing for the parade is included in the dessert party package this year. She stated that we will check in between 4-7 and the meet up for parade begins at 7:30. I'm hoping the concierge CMs did some checking on this before responding to my questions:)

Unless they change the description on the website, I think I'll just hold on to the reservation until the first party reviews start coming out.

Just an update. I emailed disney signature services regarding the parade viewing not being listed on website as we are staying club level this trip. The CM who responded to my email said that preferred viewing for the parade is included in the dessert party package this year. She stated that we will check in between 4-7 and the meet up for parade begins at 7:30. I'm hoping the concierge CMs did some checking on this before responding to my questions:)
I was just coming here to post (almost) the same thing!! Although DSS didn't give me any more info besides that parade viewing will be included and there is a 5 day cancellation policy (I had also asked about that). On that info I've gone ahead and booked. I had to call Disney dining (I was paying with a gift card and DSS was closed) and they told me the party starts at 9pm (I didn't ask any questions as the CM had a hard enough time just finding the dessert party to book and I really didn't want to confuse her any more). Fingers crossed DSS has this right!

Holiday Wishes Dessert Party

I've received info the the parade viewing will be included with the MVMCP Dessert Party too. Still waiting on a few more replies for confirmation & for Disney to update website before I update Post #1 again. This info is posted by OP on 2017 Official MNSSHP Thread too.

I've booked the Dessert Party for the first MVMCP. So excited!

If the parade viewing does turn out to be included, how does that work? I know the dessert party is at Tomorrowland Terrace, do you go somewhere else for the parade viewing?

Does this mean the new fireworks show, Happily Ever After will definitely not play on these nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter