"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister and I went to our first Christmas party on 12/7. We lined up for Nick and Judy as soon as they opened the line around 4:45 and were first in line. They came out right at 6:15 and we were done around 5 minutes later. We stopped for some treats (3 treat stations) on our way to Fairytale Hall and after some confusion from cast members, we hopped in line for the Tiana and Rapunzel side. Afterwards, we hopped into line for the Cinderella and Elena line. We were finished with both by 7:30. On our way back to the hub, we stopped for the Tangled lights photo and the line moved really quickly, probably around 5-10 minutes.

We made our way to Main Street and found a spot to watch the Castle lighting. There was a photopass photographer in the hub grass area and we jumped over for some quick photos and got the snow globe magic shot. While waiting, we saw them wheel the MVMCP ornament into the hub grass area and as soon as the lighting was over, we got in line and then were off again!

We walked to the line for the Aladdin characters and waited about 20 minutes before deciding they were just moving too slow. I think they met 3 families in that time and were switching out characters again. We went to go get a snowman pretzel and on our way over found Peter Pan wandering around and got a photo. We also saw an almost non-existent line for Jack Sparrow. My sister ran inside Tortuga Tavern to get pretzels and the snow cones while I held our place in line.

After meeting Jack, we wanted to meet Mary Poppins and Bert and I read some incorrect info somewhere that they were in the Town Square. We walked all the way down and didn't find them. We were able to get the candy cane magic shot though. We ended up walking back to the hub area and grabbed a spot for the fireworks. At least we got to see the snow on Main Street, it was so magical!

After the fireworks, we were on a hunt for Mary Poppins and Bert. We had a hard time finding a cast member that could tell us where they were. I think we stopped and asked 4 or 5 CMs before we found the line between the Peter Pan ride and Philharmagic. The lighting where they are is terrible, our photos didn't turn out very well. We made it to Frontierland in time to have a front row spot for the parade. We missed the magic of main street, but we got a lot more done and still got to see the parade, so it was a win-win for us.

After the parade, we very quickly made our way to the Circus area (with more treat stops on the way) and saw a fairly short line for Scrooge McDuck and Donald. We hopped in and were 3 groups from the cut for the night. They were a really fun meet and we finished right at 11:54. We walked as quickly as we could to Seven Dwarfs (we didn't get to ride during the day) and walked in at 11:58. We were off and back on Main street by 12:18. We had only 2 hours of sleep the night before with a full day at MK and the photopass lines were long, so we passed on any more. I did get the MVMCP exclusive pin at the Emporium before walking out.

We had an amazing night and would definitely go to another party in the future! I know we were so lucky with how our night went. This thread was so helpful in our planning for the party (should have read more about Mary & Bert, though!), I hope this long summary helps someone else out!

My Mom is a die hard Jack Sparrow fan and desperately wants to meet him on our 12/15 party night. Glad to hear your line experience with him was short!

I haven't done this yet, but I asked on another thread at what time I could expect the parade to get to Main St. and the answer was about 15 - 20 minutes after the parade start time (that puts it at about 8:50 pm). The parade is then about 15 - 20 minutes long, so I would expect you would get to the party around 9:15 pm or so. We are doing the first parade and party next week and we've decided to check in for the party early (probably around 4 pm), watch the parade in Frontierland (so it will be over for us around 8:50 pm) and then hot-foot it through Fantasyland to get over to Tomorrowland Terrace, hopefully, by 9 pm. We'll see if this actually works!
Thank you, that’s about what I had figured. Would love to hear how this plan works for you afterward?

For those of you who have been to the party already - how were the standby lines for Jingle Cruise and BTMRR? Our goal was to ride Jingle Cruise around 6:15/6:30 pm and then head over to BTMRR, but I could switch out an earlier FP+ to Jingle Cruise if need be. Thanks for any advice!

For those that have been to the party this year, is the Railroad open during the party? I can't seem to find an answer on that one...

Can't wait we attend the party on Dec 15th. Been reading all the tips on this mostly want to watch parade and fireworks and maybe get in a few rides I didn't want to plan to much since we did buy tickets just the other day.

For those of you who have been to the party already - how were the standby lines for Jingle Cruise and BTMRR? Our goal was to ride Jingle Cruise around 6:15/6:30 pm and then head over to BTMRR, but I could switch out an earlier FP+ to Jingle Cruise if need be. Thanks for any advice!

Big Thunder was walk-on during our party. I don't know about Jingle Cruise.

Our experience was that from 6-7 the wait times for all rides were a lot longer than during the party...because...day guests are still hanging around (able to get in lines up to 6:00) and party guests are able to book FP+ for most of that hour. In general, it seems like BTMRR has a shorter wait time than JC most of the night (IMO anyway).

My sister and I went to our first Christmas party on 12/7. We lined up for Nick and Judy as soon as they opened the line around 4:45 and were first in line. They came out right at 6:15 and we were done around 5 minutes later. We stopped for some treats (3 treat stations) on our way to Fairytale Hall and after some confusion from cast members, we hopped in line for the Tiana and Rapunzel side. Afterwards, we hopped into line for the Cinderella and Elena line. We were finished with both by 7:30. On our way back to the hub, we stopped for the Tangled lights photo and the line moved really quickly, probably around 5-10 minutes.

We made our way to Main Street and found a spot to watch the Castle lighting. There was a photopass photographer in the hub grass area and we jumped over for some quick photos and got the snow globe magic shot. While waiting, we saw them wheel the MVMCP ornament into the hub grass area and as soon as the lighting was over, we got in line and then were off again!

We walked to the line for the Aladdin characters and waited about 20 minutes before deciding they were just moving too slow. I think they met 3 families in that time and were switching out characters again. We went to go get a snowman pretzel and on our way over found Peter Pan wandering around and got a photo. We also saw an almost non-existent line for Jack Sparrow. My sister ran inside Tortuga Tavern to get pretzels and the snow cones while I held our place in line.

After meeting Jack, we wanted to meet Mary Poppins and Bert and I read some incorrect info somewhere that they were in the Town Square. We walked all the way down and didn't find them. We were able to get the candy cane magic shot though. We ended up walking back to the hub area and grabbed a spot for the fireworks. At least we got to see the snow on Main Street, it was so magical!

After the fireworks, we were on a hunt for Mary Poppins and Bert. We had a hard time finding a cast member that could tell us where they were. I think we stopped and asked 4 or 5 CMs before we found the line between the Peter Pan ride and Philharmagic. The lighting where they are is terrible, our photos didn't turn out very well. We made it to Frontierland in time to have a front row spot for the parade. We missed the magic of main street, but we got a lot more done and still got to see the parade, so it was a win-win for us.

After the parade, we very quickly made our way to the Circus area (with more treat stops on the way) and saw a fairly short line for Scrooge McDuck and Donald. We hopped in and were 3 groups from the cut for the night. They were a really fun meet and we finished right at 11:54. We walked as quickly as we could to Seven Dwarfs (we didn't get to ride during the day) and walked in at 11:58. We were off and back on Main street by 12:18. We had only 2 hours of sleep the night before with a full day at MK and the photopass lines were long, so we passed on any more. I did get the MVMCP exclusive pin at the Emporium before walking out.

We had an amazing night and would definitely go to another party in the future! I know we were so lucky with how our night went. This thread was so helpful in our planning for the party (should have read more about Mary & Bert, though!), I hope this long summary helps someone else out!

So you had a very short wait for Tiana and Rapunzel with their princes? Interesting.

So you had a very short wait for Tiana and Rapunzel with their princes? Interesting.
Yep. We got in line maybe around 6:45-50? We were in the second group to go in the room. Pictures with them are time stamped at 7:15. We were then done meeting Cinderella and Elena at 7:30.

On Dec. 3 - we were at Jingle Cruise around 5:15, we had a fastpass and even that took 20 minutes. The standby line at that time was 55 minutes. BTMRR was a walk-on during the party - I don't know what the wait was in the hour leading up to the party.

Our experience was that from 6-7 the wait times for all rides were a lot longer than during the party...because...day guests are still hanging around (able to get in lines up to 6:00) and party guests are able to book FP+ for most of that hour. In general, it seems like BTMRR has a shorter wait time than JC most of the night (IMO anyway).

On Dec. 3 - we were at Jingle Cruise around 5:15, we had a fastpass and even that took 20 minutes. The standby line at that time was 55 minutes. BTMRR was a walk-on during the party - I don't know what the wait was in the hour leading up to the party.

Big Thunder was walk-on during our party. I don't know about Jingle Cruise.

Thank you all so much! I'll snag that JC FP+!

We attended the 12/8 party and had a blast! We were second in line and let in right around 3:40. We saw dapper dans on Main Street and then had fast passes for haunted mansion, space mtn, and thunder mtn. We rode thunder with the FP right at 6pm. Next up was splash, POTC, and jingle cruise and all were walk inside with nobody in line. We grabbed sno cones and pretzels from Tortuga while we were there.

Then, we headed to Main Street and held a spot for the parade right across from the bakery. I would guess this was around 7:20. There was rain in the forecast for later, so we didn’t want to chance the second parade being cancelled. While we waited, we had Starbucks and the kids went and rode buzz light year and the speedway. They didn’t mention a wait. Kids were back at 8:15 for the parade. It was delayed a few minutes, but once it came, loved it!

We went on people mover and then came back to watch the Mickey show and then the fireworks. We walked right up to the middle of Main Street - right next to the garden viewing area. This must not have been a sold out party because Main Street was not full for the fireworks.

After, we headed to fantasyland. Rode Winnie the Pooh, it was a walk on. The line for the Pooh characters looked like 20 mins. The mine train line was 40 mins. We headed to storybook circus and saw Santa Goofy (5 min wait). Then we got in line for the Dwarfs - the worker said it was 15 min, it ended up at 25 mins. While we waited, kids rode barnstormer twice (no wait), and shopped a bit. The Dwarfs were adorable!

It was 11:30pm and we rode the little mermaid, walk on. When we got out, the rain started so we went and did a little shopping on Main Street and headed out.

I love the vibe of the party and would do it again. I personally would have liked more character meets but our party wanted more rides so that’s what we did. We weren’t hungry so didn’t bother with the free snacks and didn’t have photopass so we didn’t bother with the pictures.

One of the workers in line for Santa Goofy said it was a slow night and the night before was slow too. Everyone we met was so nice.

Can you cross to the opposite side of the park through Fantasyland throughout the entire party, even during parades and fireworks? I don’t want to be trapped on one side so I’m trying to visualize the map and parade route and make a path! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter