"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice if they sell Christmas themed hats, scarves or gloves in MK? Going to party tonight and will be freezing!!!

We attended the MVMCP on Tues Dec 5'th and it was sold out. IMO it was a waste of $. Jingle Cruise had 30 min wait at 6:45pm, a 35 min wait at 7:15Pm and 65 min wait about 7:35pm. Pet Pan was down all night. Waited a half hour in Frontier land for the first parade.

Thanks for your report. I've given up on character meets and was planning to just focus on treats and rides, given all the posts here about waits recently. However, given your post...

Do you recall wait times for Space mountain? I have a FP for it, but really want to also ride Jingle Cruise and am debating switching given the wait times you mention.

Were you there after wishes? Do you remember the wait times then? I had planned on us leaving after wishes, but if the lines are shorter after maybe we'd stay another hour or so.

Did anyone notice if they sell Christmas themed hats, scarves or gloves in MK? Going to party tonight and will be freezing!!!

Good luck tonight! I don't know the answer, but I hope you stay warm, eat all the treats and have all the fun!

We were at Magic Kingdom last night until almost midnight, weather was colder than it will be tonight. Just bundle up and you'll be fine, we had a blast last night!

Also were at the Dec 5th party and I have nothing to compare it too but it was quite busy! We bought party merch at big top circus and got in line for Scrooge at 5:50, there were already probably 15 groups ahead of us. By the time it was our turn they went on their first break, I think it was 7:30 when we were done. We met some lovely people though so it was worth it!

We watched the fireworks from the right side of the castle, just below where tink flies out. Then as soon as they were over we walked over to the castle and got a seat right on the curb for the parade. From where we were sitting we could also watch the Merriest show! We don't do parades but we loved it!!

Rides accomplished - jingle cruise (4th FP), barnstormer, space mountain, pirates, and little mermaid! We also went to three treat stations that moved super quick.

We were at Disney from Dec 4-8 and our park day ratings were the same as our last trip from January, it was SO much busier than our January trip. Seeing it at Christmas is magical, but it was so hot it didn't feel like Christmas LOL I'll stick to January trips!

They have the Mickey Santa hats and pull out other hats, scarves and gloves when it's cold. They aren't always Christmas or even disney themed though.

They’re “emergency” items so they’re usually up at the counter because they’re only put out when the weather demands it (like ponchos and umbrellas). If you don’t see them ask a CM as they may not have put them out.

Has anyone watched the first parade near the train station then done the dessert party? If so, do you recall what time you arrived at TT to check in? I know we won’t make it by 9, but wondering how late we’d be? Thanks!

I went to the 12/7 party, my first, and my last. I will say that my day got off to a bad start and I was pretty much exhausted by 7pm anyway. The Main St. atmosphere with the snow and the lights and the excited kids was cute, but not $100 cute. Something about the Halloween party just seems more fun to me.

Has anyone watched the first parade near the train station then done the dessert party? If so, do you recall what time you arrived at TT to check in? I know we won’t make it by 9, but wondering how late we’d be? Thanks!

I haven't done this yet, but I asked on another thread at what time I could expect the parade to get to Main St. and the answer was about 15 - 20 minutes after the parade start time (that puts it at about 8:50 pm). The parade is then about 15 - 20 minutes long, so I would expect you would get to the party around 9:15 pm or so. We are doing the first parade and party next week and we've decided to check in for the party early (probably around 4 pm), watch the parade in Frontierland (so it will be over for us around 8:50 pm) and then hot-foot it through Fantasyland to get over to Tomorrowland Terrace, hopefully, by 9 pm. We'll see if this actually works!

We watched the 11:00 pm parade from in front of Town Square Theater on Dec. 3.

Looking at the timestamp of a photo on my phone of Santa passing us during the parade - it was 11:41, the time would be a few minutes later for the train station. I would say that you would probably start your walk up main street close to 50 minutes after the parade start time.

I haven't done this yet, but I asked on another thread at what time I could expect the parade to get to Main St. and the answer was about 15 - 20 minutes after the parade start time (that puts it at about 8:50 pm). The parade is then about 15 - 20 minutes long, so I would expect you would get to the party around 9:15 pm or so. We are doing the first parade and party next week and we've decided to check in for the party early (probably around 4 pm), watch the parade in Frontierland (so it will be over for us around 8:50 pm) and then hot-foot it through Fantasyland to get over to Tomorrowland Terrace, hopefully, by 9 pm. We'll see if this actually works!

I think we are going to do the same next week. Check in after our first fast pass, then watch from either liberty square or frontier land and go around back to get to the party.

Thanks for your report. I've given up on character meets and was planning to just focus on treats and rides, given all the posts here about waits recently. However, given your post...

Do you recall wait times for Space mountain? I have a FP for it, but really want to also ride Jingle Cruise and am debating switching given the wait times you mention.

Were you there after wishes? Do you remember the wait times then? I had planned on us leaving after wishes, but if the lines are shorter after maybe we'd stay another hour or so.
I hit up Space Mnt after Wishes and it was maybe a 15 min wait. I would recommend getting the Jingle Cruise FP. I was bummed that we never got to experience JC our entire trip. I had pushed it off on our afternoon visit thinking it would be shorter wait at MVMCP. Boy was I wrong. Have fun and hope your experience will be better than ours. Too much $ not to enjoy it.

I hit up Space Mnt after Wishes and it was maybe a 15 min wait. I would recommend getting the Jingle Cruise FP. I was bummed that we never got to experience JC our entire trip. I had pushed it off on our afternoon visit thinking it would be shorter wait at MVMCP. Boy was I wrong. Have fun and hope your experience will be better than ours. Too much $ not to enjoy it.

Thanks- i expect ours to be sold out crowds, so, trying to plan a workable lower-expectation-but-still-enjoyable evening. :) I changed the fast pass. We'll see how the evening goes!

Any advice for someone going to the party without a day pass to MK? We'll be there on 12/22 - a sold out night.

How early should we arrive in the parking lot to get in at 4:00? Any chance they let people in a bit earlier?

What are the advantages/disadvantages to 'taking the bypass' if we have the choice?

We're mostly interested in the rides and Holiday Wishes. The treats are probably next priority and the parade is of moderate interest. No interest in character meets.

We have FP+ booked for Space Mountain (3:30 - 4:30), Big Thunder (4:30 - 5:30) and small world (5:30 - 6:30).

How 'wet' is Splash in the winter?
We have been to two Parties this year and also could see the front of MK from the Contemporary. It looked like they opened the gates to party only tickets at about 3:45pm, but there was a decent crowd there waiting from 3:30-3:45, so I would arrive at the gates between 3:45 to 4:00pm. Then add the time to get to the gates from the lot, both the Monorail and the Ferry seemed pretty busy at that time, but since we were are CR it was an easy trip for us

The bypass is themed, there are several photo pass photographers, and they give you your first cookie. The other advantage is that you can avoid the mass of humanity that is being forced to exit the park up Main Street (although at 4pm that might not be an issue -- that being said if your first stop is Space Mtn, the bypass would work well for you)

DW and I went to two parties this year, 11/28 (sold out) and 12/7, and wanted to share some random thoughts. We weren't interested in M&G's, so for the first night we focused on photo pass opportunities and rides. We had dinner at TTS @ 6pm, so we didn't really get started until right at 7. At that point all of the rides that we did were walk-ons (JC, PotC, BTMRx2, HMx2). We did some shopping for Party exclusive stuff and then got a spot on Main Street for Wishes. Right after Wishes there was NO ONE doing the Santa M&G/photo op so we did that before heading out (we planned to do the parade from Town Square but ran out of steam)

On our second night DW's medical conditions flared up and we rented a wheel chair. We grabbed a spot in the hub along the parade route around 7:20pm and hung out in that spot for the Merriest Celebration, Elsa lighting up the Castle, and the parade. We were hanging out next to a very fun family and had a great time. Prior to the parade, photo pass folks were walking up and down the parade route with some cute signs that you could hold and get a photo without losing your place on the curb for the parade. After the parade it was snacks and the red velvet waffle at Sleepy Hollow (Yum!) Rode a couple rides and shopped a little more during wishes and left before the second parade. So, we could have done more if we had the energy, but loved both parties and will do it again next year.

One of the things that really stood out to us was that there is a different energy in the crowd during a Christmas Party, it makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter