"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get anxious about how to do all this. We're not doing characters but want to do treats, shows, parade and fireworks. Seems like everything has to be planned around the parade. How long do the stage shows usually last?

What night did you go? Our Zero pic was taken around 6:45 Thursday night. I was going to give it 48 hours.
We went last night-I would probably contact photopass if it has been since Thursday. I was more trying to let people know that sometimes they appear quickly (like 5-10 min later with our reindeer/gingerbread man pic) and sometimes it takes until the following day (like our toy soldiers) so not to worry if they don’t immediately show up. Also to point out to others going to future parties MANY photographers don’t tell/offer the magic shots if they are busy. We specifically had to ask for the candy cane one, the toy soldier one, and my sister’s snow globe one. In all 3 cases there was a long line and I think they were just trying to churn people through. If you don’t see them type something into their device then ask

I’m really disappointed about this it’s hard enough to get through any of the character lines as it is. I wonder why they weren’t checking wristbands.
The party doesn't begin until 7pm. They're just being nice by letting the party goers in early and having some of the characters out early.
The 6pm time noted is just the cut off for allowing non-party guests into the park. They have 1 hour to zip about and get what they need done, be it shopping, dining, or getting one last ride in.

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to watch the later parade from the train station area please? As in, up the steps? Or is this area reserved for VIPs or people paying extra? Thanks x

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to watch the later parade from the train station area please? As in, up the steps? Or is this area reserved for VIPs or people paying extra? Thanks x
I did not notice ropes up there when we watched the second parade from the flagpole area but it was full of people when we were trying to find a spot around 11

I’m really disappointed about this it’s hard enough to get through any of the character lines as it is. I wonder why they weren’t checking wristbands.
I can’t comment on Moana or the first Christmas party but they definitely checked bands for Scrooge last night when the character handlers showed up about 6:40 last night-if you didn’t have a band you had to leave the line.
That has also been our experience in the past with the seven dwarves. The line formed long before the character handlers showed up so when they showed up we all had to show our party bands or get out of line (and the dwarves started taking pics during regular park hours)
I will say I did notice A LOT of people after 7 trying to hang out in the hub area. They had the hub roped off right at 7 and if you didn’t have a wristband they wouldn’t let you enter it (had to stay on the walkways on either side of it). I saw SO many people without wristbands who appeared to be camping out along that perimeter. My guess was that they were trying to stay to see the castle stage show and/or the castle lighting/parade. Not trying to accuse people but it seems odd those without wristbands would be just sitting/hanging out there when the park Had closed 30 min ago and they were supposed to be leaving

I was able to book an ADR for Liberty Tree Cavern at magic kingdom on a party night for 6:30pm. I do not have mvmcp tickets for that night. Does anyone know if they will allow me to keep that reservation?

I'm pretty sure that the way they're doing it this year is that anyone who doesn't have a party ticket has to leave at 6, so no, you wouldn't be able to keep your reservation.

Thanks for the info! I was hoping she would be in some sort of holiday outfit, but oh well... 30 minutes isn't too bad, but if that's the shortest it usually gets we might skip her. My DD will say she wants to meet someone and then we get up there and she freaks out and wants to leave. She is almost 3, so you just never know how it's going to go!
Yeah the cast member said it can get up to 2 hours long - which I found hard to believe because the queue area would have had to be 3 times as big to accommodate that kind of line.

Wait time said 50 minutes but we were on in 30.
We noted last night that we NEVER waited in a line that was as long as what was posted, generally we found it to be about half of the posted wait times for all the rides.

They were checking starting right at 6pm. If you didn't have a band you were allowed in any lines.

Now I’m doubting when I saw her. We were back and forth so much. I don’t want to confirm anything but I believe it was dark when I saw her out, which would have been after 6. Apologize if I’m incorrect.

She was not out during the party. We have to go back to MK tomorrow during regular park hours as that's the last autograph my daughter really wants before we depart for home.

Help! Anyone see any reviews of the jingle bell jingle bam dessert party this year, yet? Headed there now but have only seen last year’s info

Checking wristbands after the handlers get there is what I was expecting this sounded like they were letting anyone in the line see Moana. We have seen her several times I was just feeling bad for people who have not. We have been to enough parties that we know there are always people without wristbands trying to stay as long as possible this is just a party specific experience and surprising it would be allowed hopefully it wasn’t.

They were, but per PP post CM stated it was before 6pm so okay until then.

Can anyone confirm that it only snows on main street before the parades and at closing time and how long after midnight does it last?

I was able to book an ADR for Liberty Tree Cavern at magic kingdom on a party night for 6:30pm. I do not have mvmcp tickets for that night. Does anyone know if they will allow me to keep that reservation?
Not likely as when you go to check in they would ask for wristband to prove you are allowed in park after 6

What time do you check in for the Dessert Party with Garden Plaza Viewing on MVMCP nights? We love desserts and I have some slow eaters that like to enjoy every single bite ;) So we don't mind spending time relaxing while we eat. What time should we be at the podium to get seated?

I’m wondering how long to budget for characters. I plan to be in line for Sandy Claws by 5 at the latest.

Debating squeezing in at least one more character.

Are the Princess Fairytale Hall wait times in MDE accurate during the party? Wondering if 20-30 would be doable?

Also, if I went to meet Scrooge after the fireworks, would 45 be a good estimated wait?

How cold is it down there. I kinda wanted to wear Christmas sweaters when I head down there next week, but not sure if it would be too hot? The lows are in the 60s but the highs in the mid to late 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter