"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

AFTER the second parade? This is my thought but I am worried the line will already be cut off. Where did you watch the parade?
I would like to watch from Main Street but I know it takes a while to get to Main Street and then more time until it would pass us. I feel like that may be a really big gamble.

Yes after the second parade. We watched from right in front of the castle. We watched the fireworks, then moved up to the castle to get a spot for the stage show and the parade. Booked it to Tomorrowland after the parade and got in line at 11:39. We met them and then still had time to ride Buzz and Space after.

We're arriving at BWV on Saturday and going to the party Sunday 12/18. I heard there is a special ornament for the Christmas party. If true, is this available in all the shops or only certain ones? Thanks.
We got our special MVMCP ornament at the Emporium on Main Street. The tshirts were being guarded by CM's checking for party wristbands, and the ornaments and pins were behind the registers. They also had party merchandise at the Storybooks Circus store, and it was much quieter there.

Anyone know how much the christmas light necklaces are in the parks?

View attachment 210059
$15 in the parks, but I got mine for $5 at Home Depot.

The parade won't be past the end of Main Street until almost 11:45. But if the wait is down to 10 minutes that time of night, you might be ok? I'd feel more comfortable going after the fireworks, though, as at least then you know you'll likely see them. That may just screw with getting a good spot for the 2nd parade though?

Yes after the second parade. We watched from right in front of the castle. We watched the fireworks, then moved up to the castle to get a spot for the stage show and the parade. Booked it to Tomorrowland after the parade and got in line at 11:39. We met them and then still had time to ride Buzz and Space after.

I am so torn as to what to do. 1) Watch first parade but possibly have a "bad" view, fireworks and then Nick and Judy; 2) skip first parade and still head there after fireworks and hope to get out in time for second parade, or 3) watch second parade and there right after in hopes the line is still open. Decisions, Decisions!!

I am so torn as to what to do. 1) Watch first parade but possibly have a "bad" view, fireworks and then Nick and Judy; 2) skip first parade and still head there after fireworks and hope to get out in time for second parade, or 3) watch second parade and there right after in hopes the line is still open. Decisions, Decisions!!
We went on 12/8, and people were saving spots for the "prime" Main Street seats starting around 6pm! If you're okay with not being in Main Street, I'm told there was plenty of great viewing in Frontierland for the first parade.

I know it's hard to decide. When we made our way up towards the castle after the fireworks, people were clamoring for spots for the second parade already so idk if you could make it there after fireworks and then get a spot for the second parade.

We got our special MVMCP ornament at the Emporium on Main Street. The tshirts were being guarded by CM's checking for party wristbands, and the ornaments and pins were behind the registers. They also had party merchandise at the Storybooks Circus store, and it was much quieter there.

Thanks. Do you think there's a chance the ornaments/t-shirts will sell out? Did you get them right at 7pm?

Is it possible to see the 2nd Frozen Holiday Wish and the first parade and still get an okish spot?

You can get into MK with your party tickets starting at 4pm (which I would highly recommend!), so we bought ours sometime between 4 and 7.

We went on 12/8, and people were saving spots for the "prime" Main Street seats starting around 6pm! If you're okay with not being in Main Street, I'm told there was plenty of great viewing in Frontierland for the first parade.

That's the thing that is making it more difficult. We really want to see the parade from Main Street. I knew spots were taken early for the parade, but 6pm is crazy!

I know it's hard to decide. When we made our way up towards the castle after the fireworks, people were clamoring for spots for the second parade already so idk if you could make it there after fireworks and then get a spot for the second parade.

This is the only part of my trip that I am still questioning. I think I am going for the second parade, and maybe try for Nick and Judy during the first parade.

That's the thing that is making it more difficult. We really want to see the parade from Main Street. This is the only part of my trip that I am still questioning. I think I am going for the second parade, and maybe try for Nick and Judy during the first parade.
I hadn't thought about this option.....can anyone report back if they've tried this, as to what the wait was like?

I hadn't thought about this option.....can anyone report back if they've tried this, as to what the wait was like?

I think I read where someone had success with seeing them during the first parade with a relatively short wait. Although I'm not sure if it was here or on Facebook. But that party was not sold out, so I'm sure that will have an impact.

I just found where the place where I had seen someone had success doing this. It was on another site's forums. They went to the party on Nov. 29th. They went to see Nick and Judy during the first parade and waited about 45 minutes. She said she got in line right when the parade started in Frontierland so they could still make it to the fireworks. 45 minutes is longer than some other reports, but not terrible.

Also, Josh said that you can calculate the estimate wait my multiplying the number of groups in front of you by 1.5-2 minutes.

I just found where the place where I had seen someone had success doing this. It was on another site's forums. They went to the party on Nov. 29th. They went to see Nick and Judy during the first parade and waited about 45 minutes. She said she got in line right when the parade started in Frontierland so they could still make it to the fireworks. 45 minutes is longer than some other reports, but not terrible.

Also, Josh said that you can calculate the estimate wait my multiplying the number of groups in front of you by 1.5-2 minutes.
Thanks for this!! Missing the fireworks is NOT an option for us....so good tip from Josh to try and estimate the wait time. Perhaps we can check around 8, and have post fireworks and post 2nd parade as our back up options. 45 minutes is not terrible, but I hate wasting that much party time if I don't have to. Decisions, decisions.....

We get an Orlando TV station in Gainesville FL and they showed a 20% chance of rain for Sunday. Knowing local weather people, it may not be accurate!!!

DW and I go to the party on Friday night. I believe there's a 0% chance for rain that night. Good for us...one MNSSHP we got soaked.

You could try during first parade or book it after the fireworks. No matter what it's easy to get a great spot for second parade. We were second row right behind some kids to the right of the Christmas tree. We watched front row castkd show at 1030 then walked down main to parade spot. Met jack skellington during fireworks with short wait

Thanks for this!! Missing the fireworks is NOT an option for us....so good tip from Josh to try and estimate the wait time. Perhaps we can check around 8, and have post fireworks and post 2nd parade as our back up options. 45 minutes is not terrible, but I hate wasting that much party time if I don't have to. Decisions, decisions.....

Missing fireworks isn't an option for us either, neither is not watching the parade on Main Street which is making all of this so much harder. I already had plans on being in Tomorrowland when the first parade started so we are going to check it out there. If it's too long we will try after the 11pm parade and hope for the best. Good luck to you! We are getting so close! :)

Beware...we went to the party on Dec 2nd, and we wanted to get back in early (we were there earlier in the day, went to hotel for nap (didn't happen), and came back to find that the express monorail from TTC to MK was DOWN, and EVERYONE had to take the ferry. It took us 3 ferries to get across - we missed our 4:55 pm FP+, and really missed out on 2 hours of party time that we want back...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter