"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

The above reason is why I am planning an extra Uber fee so we do not miss any party time when we go next year if we still do. (a lot of OH NO bull just came up I am not saying I have to cancel yet since I have been planning this for 10 years)

Beware...we went to the party on Dec 2nd, and we wanted to get back in early (we were there earlier in the day, went to hotel for nap (didn't happen), and came back to find that the express monorail from TTC to MK was DOWN, and EVERYONE had to take the ferry. It took us 3 ferries to get across - we missed our 4:55 pm FP+, and really missed out on 2 hours of party time that we want back...
The monorail was down on saturday too. But they had buses ready to go and the ferry. The buses moved quick. They had them lined up and they just kept coming. (This wasn't for the party though. this was an hour or so after opening)

Missing fireworks isn't an option for us either, neither is not watching the parade on Main Street which is making all of this so much harder. I already had plans on being in Tomorrowland when the first parade started so we are going to check it out there. If it's too long we will try after the 11pm parade and hope for the best. Good luck to you! We are getting so close! :)
Thank you! Good luck to you too! Maybe we'll see you in line! :)

Last edited:
We're arriving at BWV on Saturday and going to the party Sunday 12/18. I heard there is a special ornament for the Christmas party. If true, is this available in all the shops or only certain ones? Thanks.

We have the same plans. BWV check-in on 17 and party on the 18th! :D

Here now. Started letting people in at 3:45, we were on Space Mountain at 4pm. So far we've done Space (FP), the Treehouse, Pirated, & BTMRR (FP). Last FP starts in 9 mins for Haunted Mansion then we're heading to Jingle Cruise.

I didn't see an answer but I may have missed it --:YES you can buy Memory Maker for the party. Total cost w/tax was $41.54. The CM waa clueless when I asked about it so I asked him to check with his supervisor, and then I was able to purchase it.

Here now. Started letting people in at 3:45, we were on Space Mountain at 4pm. So far we've done Space (FP), the Treehouse, Pirated, & BTMRR (FP). Last FP starts in 9 mins for Haunted Mansion then we're heading to Jingle Cruise.

I didn't see an answer but I may have missed it --:YES you can buy Memory Maker for the party. Total cost w/tax was $41.54. The CM waa clueless when I asked about it so I asked him to check with his supervisor, and then I was able to purchase it.

Thanks so much for posting this! Here now and running over to guest services to get the Memory Maker.

Sooooo glad to hear this!! I will definitely purchase it for $41:) can you tell me where you can purchase this?? And you purchase it after you have your first picture taken, correct?

Sooooo glad to hear this!! I will definitely purchase it for $41:) can you tell me where you can purchase this?? And you purchase it after you have your first picture taken, correct?
Party MM is different than the 1-day (cheaper) - and I believe it needs to be purchased in advance at Guest Services. The 1-day is activated via the app after your first photo is taken.

I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas party Than last night (ok, maaaaaaaybe I wish it was a little warmer). As previously posted we were let in at 3:45 p.m. and we were on our first ride, Space Mountain with a fast pass, at 4 p.m. In the eight hours that we were in Magic Kingdom we were able to ride every attraction that was open once and we even did some rides twice. We got in line for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 7:45 p.m. with a posted wait time of 30 minutes and we walked out of the ride at 8:08 p.m. We walked to Main Street from Pooh at 10:45 and were able to get a second row seat for the parade. The people on the curb sat down the entire time so we had a perfect view and lots of character interaction. We walked out of Magic Kingdom as the parade ended and we were able to get on a waiting bus for All-Star Movies and we were back in our rooms Buy 12:20. My only complaint about this entire 36 hour long Disney World trip was my experience at the All-Star Movies Resort. We have never stayed at an All Star hotel (except in HS) and I'm apprehensive about coming back for our reservation next month. When we got back to our room it smelled like cigarette smoke, which I am very sensitive to, and I opened the door and saw that someone had a water bottle filled with cigarette butts on the ground between our rooms. It appeared our neighbors have been smoking right outside their door, which is not allowed. I immediately went to the front desk -- because I know calling does nothing -- and I explained what was happening. They offered to move my room however the two kids were already fast asleep. I just wanted them to know that the smell in the room was not from me. The front desk associate was really great and she spoke with the manager and they comped me the one night stay. That was above and beyond what I was expecting, so it made the whole situation a little bit easier. I hope that I don't have the same issues next month.

Wait, Sunday the 11 wasn't sold out? Mom and I were there, and it was a *lot* more crowded than when my husband and I went a few years ago . People were still 3 and 4 deep for the second parade at the hub. We didn't try any characters, or going down Main Street until after the second parade. Tomorrowland was crazy trying to get around, just for the restrooms and cookies. Wait for 7D was 30+ minutes all evening, and I think Peter Pan as well. If that wasn't sold out, I don't want to see a sold out party! It did lose a bit of the party magic for me compared to the last time I went.

That said, we still had a great time. I "made" mom go because of the parade and fireworks and extra decorative touches, and she agreed it was worth it.

Hi All- Here tonight and the party has been fabulous! For a sold out party, we think it's been very uncrowned. Met Nick and Judy (our priority), all the princesses with princes, and Mary Poppins with Bert with very short wait times. Got a curb spot on Main St for the second parade at 10:30. We skipped the last few years' parties because of crowds but have to say, this one was awesome! Would be happy to answer questions (but probably tomorrow, lol)!

What are the chances they would transfer our 12/18 tickets to 12/22 since our flghts were canceled due to the winter storm? I called and they said they'd refund and to check in person at guest relations. With the 22nd being sold out I am not hopeful.

What are the chances they would transfer our 12/18 tickets to 12/22 since our flghts were canceled due to the winter storm? I called and they said they'd refund and to check in person at guest relations. With the 22nd being sold out I am not hopeful.

Fingers crossed they'll give you some pixie dust. But unfortunately that's what it's going to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter