• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Do you need a wristband to get in line for the characters who start meeting at 5:00? I'm thinking I can save some party time next week if I can meet Jack at 5:00 on a night we're not staying for the party! But something tells me you need a wristband to get in that line, right?

Do you need a wristband to get in line for the characters who start meeting at 5:00? I'm thinking I can save some party time next week if I can meet Jack at 5:00 on a night we're not staying for the party! But something tells me you need a wristband to get in that line, right?

Yes, because they're party-exclusive characters, even if they do start meeting before the party starts.

Forgive me, I have too much going on to read all your wonderful questions and answers -- I have a few that are probably answered already, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer them for me again . . .

1. If the only place to see Mickey Mouse is in Town Hall Square, is he the talking Mickey during MVMCP? He gives me the creeps . . .
2. What is everyone's favorite place outside MK to view Wishes from?
3. Will Pooh/Tigger/Piglet/Eeyore all be together during MVMCP or do they come out in pairs?

Jack Skellington will start at 5. Line up for him around 4:15/4:30. Once you are done with him go immediately to the dwarves line. You will be able to send the younger DD off with another party member to minimize the wait time. If those first two stops go to plan, you'll be done at 7:15 (this is what I did for the Halloween party with the dwarves and jack and sally, it worked perfectly). Next head to Rapunzel and Flynn and you should have an hour or less wait, which would get you ready for the dessert party and finished with characters. Don't wait until after the dessert party for Rapunzel and Flynn, their line does get cut early.

If I line up for Jack Skellington at roughly 4:15 and then after just meet Scrooge, by what time approximately can I expect to be completed with my meet n greets?

Only others I would consider is Reindeer & Elf and maybe the Penguins.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info :)

Are the 7D in the parade? My DD wants to see them but we may get by without the M&G if she can see them in the parade.
Yes - the 7Ds are in the parade. You can also see them while they're doing the meet and greets and you may be able to get a good picture of them in between their meets. You can only get a pic with them if you wait in the long line.

Forgive me, I have too much going on to read all your wonderful questions and answers -- I have a few that are probably answered already, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer them for me again . . .

1. If the only place to see Mickey Mouse is in Town Hall Square, is he the talking Mickey during MVMCP? He gives me the creeps . . .
2. What is everyone's favorite place outside MK to view Wishes from?
3. Will Pooh/Tigger/Piglet/Eeyore all be together during MVMCP or do they come out in pairs?

1. I believe he is the Talking Mickey - at the Halloween Party it was Talking Mickey in his Halloween Costume.
2. I really enjoy Wishes from the dock at the Grand Floridian
3. I believe that Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore all meet together.

If I line up for Jack Skellington at roughly 4:15 and then after just meet Scrooge, by what time approximately can I expect to be completed with my meet n greets?

Only others I would consider is Reindeer & Elf and maybe the Penguins.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info :)
Really depends on the night, but would expect that you'd be done with Jack by 6 at the latest if he comes out close to 5. I have not seen any reports that Scrooge came out before 7 on Sunday, and I wouldn't think you'd need to line up for him an hour early. But if you did, you'd be done shortly after 7.

How was the wait for 7D? This is the one meet and greet I want to do? We are going on Sunday?
Get in line for the dwarfs by 6 and you can probably be done around 7:30 (they have historically started meeting right before 7). They are a priority for lots of people, so the line will only get longer throughout the night.

For the Halloween Party, Talking Mickey (in his Halloween outfit) met in the same place he does during the day. I'd assume it's the same for the Christmas Party.
So does he meet in his Christmas outfit during the day? I'm kind of confused.

Anyone see or have any luck with a single-day/party Memory Maker?
I asked about them on the phone when I ordered tickets, but the girl I spoke with said she wasn't sure it would be available

We were just there in June and got mixed answers on this as well before we went - I had two people tell me two different things on the phone, as well as two different email answers. Even at Downtown Disney they said it wasn't a thing. However, at Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom, we were able to get a one-day Memory Maker for $39. It was only available if you had a one-day, one-park ticket (which they asked for to confirm). I would guess it would also be available during parties but I don't know (we'll be there next week so I guess we'll find out then!).

So does he meet in his Christmas outfit during the day? I'm kind of confused.

I believe that he changes for the parties. In the day he's in his Magician's outfit at Town Square Theatre like normal and then during the party he changes. He MAY be in his Christmas outfit after the parties conclude during the daytime but I don't know that to be true. Someone else may be able to confirm/correct.

For those who attended a party or are in the know - were there any light up Xmas items, similar to the ghost you hung around your neck that they had at MNSSHP?
Any opinions on what day has less chance of selling out Sunday 12/6 or Tues 12/8?

For those who attended a party or are in the know - were there any light up Xmas items, similar to the ghost you hung around your neck that they had at MNSSHP?
Any opinions on what day has less chance of selling out Sunday 12/6 or Tues 12/8?

There is a mickey head with a Santa hat that lights up like the ghost necklace.

A more popular option is a Christmas light necklace, a necklace with oversized multi colored bulbs going all the way around. It looks pretty nice.

Tuesdays are historically less crowded, but there are no guarantees, random sell outs do happen.

There is a mickey head with a Santa hat that lights up like the ghost necklace.

A more popular option is a Christmas light necklace, a necklace with oversized multi colored bulbs going all the way around. It looks pretty nice.

Tuesdays are historically less crowded, but there are no guarantees, random sell outs do happen.

I think the Christmas ones are generic, with nothing that says "Disney" about it. So it could be cheaper to buy in advance off site and pack it in with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter