Official May 2011 thread!

My DH called me from Afghanistan and told me that he's taking our DD and me to WDW from May 27-June 3!!! W00T! I can't wait! It was a total surprise since he is usually a reluctant Disney husband! :lmao:

How awesome is that????? I'm sure it will be WONDERFUL for you to be together AND at the happiest place on earth to boot! It doesn't get much better than that! :thumbsup2

Can your husband call up my husband and give him some tips on how to surprise his lady with a trip? Granted my hubby is great at going along for the ride, but never in FIVE MILLION YEARS can I see him planning a trip on his own. What can I say? He needs me or he'd sit at home every day of the year saving money for nothing. :rotfl:

Celebrating DD's high school graduation and DW's "zero" birthday (year ends with a zero...)

5/30: Fly into MCO from DEN on Southwest; rent car; drive to WDW and check in @ BCV. TS dinner @ Cape May (will be on DDP).

5/31: Figuring on some jet lag, so doing late-arrival touring plan at HS. QS lunch at Studio Catering, TS dinner at Mama Melrose's. F! afterward.

6/1: Full day at AK. QS lunch at Flame Tree. White chocolate elephant cupcake @ Kusafiri. TS dinner @ Boma.

6/2: Morning touring BC/YC/BW area, some pool time @ SAB. Afternoon @ Epcot. QS lunch @ Sunshine Seasons, snack at Boulangerie, TS dinner @ R&C, IllumiNations.

6/3: Water park day. Haven't decided which one. DW hates them so will go shopping @ DD or around the resorts instead. QS lunches TBD; TS dinner @ Ohana.

6/4: Epcot Day 2. QS lunch @ Cantina de San Angel. Caramel goodies @ Germany. Saturday p.m. Mass @ Mary Queen of the Universe, then back to Epcot for ADR @ Akershus.

6/5: Full day @ MK, probably incl. evening EMH. QS lunch @ Pecos Bill's; ADR @ Narcoossee's.

6/6: Morning SAB pool time; check-out. DD: last DDP credits @ WPE or Cooke's. Drive over to USF.

6/7 & 6/8: On-site at Universal (Royal Pacific)

6/9: Return to Denver

I'll play along....here is our Itinerary/dining plan for 5/5-5/14

- 5/5 fly into MCO, take ME to BCV have dinner at Cape May Cafe before heading over to MK until close (11pm that night).

- 5/6 going to Epcot that day to celebrate my youngest DD's b-day having breakfast at Akershus before the park opens, lunch at Le Cellier, and then dinner at Garden Grill

- 5/7 going to DHS where we have the Fantasmic Dining Package for Mama Melrose for lunch and doing some sort of CS for dinner before Fantasmic.

- 5/8 is Mother's Day/no park day...we will have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, then at 2pm both DDs and I are heading over to GF for some Afternoon Tea while DH hangs out by himself. For dinner we will all be going over Narcoossee's, after dinner we are thinking of heading to DTD to do some shopping.

- 5/9 going over to MK where we will have breakfast ressies for CP (before park opens) then having lunch at The Plaza before heading back to the resort for some good R&R. For dinner we are going to California Grill then after dinner we will head back to MK because it is opened until 2am :goodvibes

- 5/10 is our AK day with late breakfast ressie at Tusker House, then late lunch at Yak and Yeti, then for dinner we are going to Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

- 5/11 is our other off day so we plan on just lazing around Stormalong Bay but not before having breakfast over at 1900 Park Fare and then for dinner we will be going to SoA for the 8pm show. We do plan on going over to B&C for some cheeseburgers and/or one of their wonderful ice cream sundaes for lunch.

- 5/12 going back to MK to celebrate my oldest DD's b-day. We are going to have breakfast at O'hana's before MK opens, for lunch we will go over to Tony's Town Square, for dinner it is CRT and then we have ADRs for Wishes Dessert Party....I know, I know, tons of food we will probably be rolling ourselves back to BCV, but we are up for the challenge.

- 5/13 we are going back to Epcot we plan on having breakfast at Captain's Grill, lunch at Chefs de France in hopes to see Remy, and then for dinner we are trying out the new Via Napoli.

- 5/14 is our departure day but before we leave we are going over to Epcot we will not be doing anything special for breakfast but for lunch we will be going over to Corral Reef. Our plane doesn't leave until really late (we will be on ME about 5:30pm) so we have lots of time to play at Epcot before leaving.

We are on the DxDDP and I know we are doing a ton of TS restaurants. Like I said before we are up for the challenge plus it helps us to really slow down during the day and not be so commando. We can't wait :goodvibes

Just bought our Hotel+Tickets for our first trip :)
IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

39 days!!!!!

Mother's Day Weekend (me, mom, MIL, and a little lady)
May 5-8, 2011 @ Poly CL

Thursday, 5/5
Drive DD and Mom from Daytona to West Palm Beach (3 hours) to MIL's house. Stay the night.

Friday, 5/6
Drive from West Palm Beach to WDW (2 hours) check in at Poly CL before 9am. MIL has NO IDEA this is happening. :cool1: Roam the Resort, then Epcot after 4. ADR: Biergarten 7:40PM

Saturday 5/7
Resort day! Pool... lounge... pool. (maybe, well, no.... pool.)

Sunday 5/8
Check out. Mother's Day Brunch @ The Wave 1:30PM. Drive to Daytona (1 hour). Drop Mom at her house, visit with DH and DD at my house, then drive MIL to her house in West Palm Beach (3 hours). Stay the night

Monday 5/9
Drive home to Daytona (3 hours).

Going in May!!!!!!
We have found that this is our favorite time to go in the summer. Not too hot, crowds not bad, rates are better than June, rain cools off the day as well. Sooooo excited!! May 21-28

ooo i wanna play too!! :yay:

our disneymoon goes as follows:

5/10-arrive at MCO from DET at 11:15am and ride ME over to WL (courtyard view!). Our first dinner is at Tony's (he proposed on the pawprints outside the restaurant on our last trip since it is my favourite disney movie :love:) at 7:30
5/11- Day at Epcot with a dinner at Coral Reef at 7:30

5/12-Begin at HS to get FP for TSMM and lunch at Mama Melrose with the F! Package at 2:10

5/13-AK day and then moving to MK for a dinner at LTT at 7:30

5/14-this is our day to go to whatever park we feel like and then go to HS for dinner at 50s Prime Time at 6:30 (cannot wait for my standard meal-pot roast with smores for dessert :thumbsup2)

5/15-leave the WL for a 4 night cruise on the disney dream :cloud9:

5/19-return to WDW via DCL transfer to the GF (garden view)!!!! for this trip we decided to do a split stay with my fiance picking the first and me picking the second and i have always wanted to stay here and with the 40% pin i got i couldn't resist!! On this day we are meeting up with our friends from home and are doing drink around the world with a lunch at Via Napoli at 3 and dinner at 7:45 at R&C Pub for Illuminations!

5/20-hopefully we can get to TL on this day and go to Epcot at the end of the night for dinner at Le Chefs de France at 8.

5/21-Golf Day!! We have reservations for a round at Magnolia for 1 so we don't have a TS dinner that night since we don't know how long one round will take! Probably end the night at MK for wishes and MSEP

5/22-Epcot in the morning /afternoon with a lunch at Le Cellier at 2:50 and its our "do whatever we want" day

5/23-our last full day at WDW :sad1: we don't have any plans except for dinner at Tony's at 7:30 but our last day is usually MK since its my family's tradition for the first and last days of vacation must be MK!

5/24-leave WDW and back to reality :sad1:

May 16th - Fly into Orlando mid afternoon. Grab lunch at BLT and relax by the pool. Dinner at Ohana at 8:15pm (first time here!)

May 17 - Resort Day - More lounging by the pool and relaxing. DTD shopping and dinner at Rainforest Cafe at 5pm

May 18 - Epcot - counter service for lunch where ever and dinner at Garden Grill at 6:40pm (first time here!)

May 19 - Up eartly MAGIC KINGDOM DAY!
Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:25am
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:40pm

May 20 - Hollywood Studios
Counter service lunch
F! dinner at Mama Melrose @ 430pm and F! show at 8pm (1st time at restaurant!)

May 21 - Resort Day
More lounging at the pool and Cape May Cafe at 630pm (1st time!)

May 22 - Magic Kingdom
Tony's 1pm
Plaza Restaurant 730pm (1st time!)

May 23rd - Hollywood Studios
Sci Fi 6:55pm

May 24th - Resort Day
Planet Hollywood 545pm

Our itenarary:

Friday, May 27: fly into MCO at 11:20 am, explore resort and go to DTD

Saturday, May 28: Ohana's breakfast with Lilo and Stitch 8am; Epcot; Illuminations

Sunday, May 29: Cinderella's Royal Table 8:15am; MK; Ohana's dinner 5:30pm
MK has EMH til 2am so we will take a midday nap/rest

Monday, May 30: No plans

Tuesday, May 31: Tusker House Breakfast 8am; AK; HDDR 5pm

Wednesday, June 1: HS; Whispering Canyon Cafe 6pm

Thursday, June 2: Crystal Palace Breakfast 8am; no set park planned

Friday, June 3: Chef Mickey's 8am; will catch something that we absolutely have to do before leaving; leave out of MCO 7:05pm

May 10th Arrival day:cool1:: Epcot with dinner at Coral Reef at 8:20pm

May 11th: AK with breakfast at Tusker House at 8:15am with an evening in DTD

May 12th: MK with dinner at Tony's Town Square at 7:20pm

May 13th: Epcot with Dinner at the Beirgarten at 7:30pm

May 14th: DHS...but first breakfast at the GF 1900 Park Fare at 8:30am

May 15th: MK...but first breakfast at the Poly Ohana at 9:30am

May 16th:sad1:: Sad day....leaving...with breakfast at CSR either Cafe Rix or Pepper Market

This is my schedule:

May 9th - Arrive in the airport at 10am and hopefully get to CR early afternoon. We will go to Fantasia Gardens first thing and go to MK later in the day when the crowds start decreasing because it's an evening EMH day.

May 10th - Epcot, Dinner at California Grill at 8pm

May 11th - Epcot or MK

May 12th - Epcot or MK or shopping

May 13th - Check out and leave

As you can see, I'm having trouble deciding which parks to go to on my 3rd and 4th day. :rotfl:

I'll play along....here is our Itinerary/dining plan for 5/5-5/14

- 5/5 fly into MCO, take ME to BCV have dinner at Cape May Cafe before heading over to MK until close (11pm that night).

- 5/6 going to Epcot that day to celebrate my youngest DD's b-day having breakfast at Akershus before the park opens, lunch at Le Cellier, and then dinner at Garden Grill

- 5/7 going to DHS where we have the Fantasmic Dining Package for Mama Melrose for lunch and doing some sort of CS for dinner before Fantasmic.

- 5/8 is Mother's Day/no park day...we will have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, then at 2pm both DDs and I are heading over to GF for some Afternoon Tea while DH hangs out by himself. For dinner we will all be going over Narcoossee's, after dinner we are thinking of heading to DTD to do some shopping.

- 5/9 going over to MK where we will have breakfast ressies for CP (before park opens) then having lunch at The Plaza before heading back to the resort for some good R&R. For dinner we are going to California Grill then after dinner we will head back to MK because it is opened until 2am :goodvibes

- 5/10 is our AK day with late breakfast ressie at Tusker House, then late lunch at Yak and Yeti, then for dinner we are going to Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

- 5/11 is our other off day so we plan on just lazing around Stormalong Bay but not before having breakfast over at 1900 Park Fare and then for dinner we will be going to SoA for the 8pm show. We do plan on going over to B&C for some cheeseburgers and/or one of their wonderful ice cream sundaes for lunch.

- 5/12 going back to MK to celebrate my oldest DD's b-day. We are going to have breakfast at O'hana's before MK opens, for lunch we will go over to Tony's Town Square, for dinner it is CRT and then we have ADRs for Wishes Dessert Party....I know, I know, tons of food we will probably be rolling ourselves back to BCV, but we are up for the challenge.

- 5/13 we are going back to Epcot we plan on having breakfast at Captain's Grill, lunch at Chefs de France in hopes to see Remy, and then for dinner we are trying out the new Via Napoli.

- 5/14 is our departure day but before we leave we are going over to Epcot we will not be doing anything special for breakfast but for lunch we will be going over to Corral Reef. Our plane doesn't leave until really late (we will be on ME about 5:30pm) so we have lots of time to play at Epcot before leaving.

We are on the DxDDP and I know we are doing a ton of TS restaurants. Like I said before we are up for the challenge plus it helps us to really slow down during the day and not be so commando. We can't wait :goodvibes

PoohsFan1, it sounds like we'll be running into each other often around the BC!!!

Here are our plans for our May trip! We had to book last minute because the resort we were going to stay at in Hawaii got pounded by the tsunami and they cancelled our reservation... Oh darn - now we get to go to WDW!!! ;-)

May 9 - Arrive in Orlando, Check in to SSR, Dinner Ohana, MK till 2am!!!

May 10 = Epcot morning, Hollywood studios afternoon, Sci Fi lunch, Dinner Wolfgang Puck, La Nouba.

May 11 - Animal Kingdom morning, Epcot rest of day, dinner at Bistro de Paris

May 12 - MK morning, breakfast Kona Cafe, open middle of day (looking for something romantic to do for my wife for our 4 year anniversary...any ideas????), Dinner Cali Grill, MK nightime for wishes!

May 13 - Animal Kingdom morning, Studios rest of day, dinner brown derby with fantasmic package

May 14 - Pool morning, lunch turf club, Dismeet, Epcot rest of evening, Dinner San angel inn, Boardwalk till late...

May 15 - Animal Kingdom morning, Donald Safari Breakfast, Lunch Sanaa, Magic Kingdom rest of evening...

May 16 - Typhoon Lagoon, Hollywood studios evening

May 17 - Universal Studios for Harry Potter World, Dinner at Shulas

May 18 - Epcot morning, Animal Kingdom Afternoon, lnch at Yak and Yeti, Dinner at Boma

May 19 - Blizzard Beach, Magic Kingdom evening, dinner at Tonys Town Square...

May 20 - Studios morning for Star Tours grand opening, Animal Kingdom Afternoon, Dinner Flying Fish. Evening at Epcot till midnight!

May 21 - go home :-(

Thats the plan for now...I'm sure much will change once we get there... ;-)

If April drags on as long as it seems March has :headache: I may scream. Told DH that airfares next week are $104 each way on SW so if you come home and can't find me, call WDW.

We just booked for may 20th at Pop! It's my first time at a value, and I'm also looking forward to breakfast at Akershus with princesses!

Our plan:

May 10th: Arrive @ POFQ in the evening (DH's 26th B-Day)

May 11th: Sleep in, lunch @ Raglan Road, off site indoor skydiving (a b-day gift for DH), dinner @ Artist Point

May 12th: Breakfast @ Kona, D23 Scavenger Hunt, dinner @ Jiko

May 13th: Breakfast @ Wave, D23 Scavenger Hunt, dinner @ Boma, D23 Awards Ceremony @ Contemporary

May 14th: Breakfast @ Grand Floridian Cafe, shopping @ DTD, lunch @ Wolfgang Puck, pool time, dinner @ Flying Fish Cafe

May 15th: Breakfast @ Captain's Grille, EPCOT for the day, lunch @ Via Napoli, dinner @ Biergarten

May 16th: Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's, Magic Kingdom for the day, lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner @ Crystal Palace

May 17th: Breakfast @ Tusker House, Animal Kingdom for the day, lunch @ Yak & Yeti, dinner @ Narcossee's

May 18th: Breakfast @1900 Park Fare, massages @ GF Spa, pool time, dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

May 19th: Breakfast @ Kona, EPCOT for the day, lunch @ Le Cellier, dinner @ Rose & Crown

May 20th: Check out, Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood Studios for the day (SWW & new Star Tours), lunch @ 50's Prime Time, my 30th birthday!!!!

I'm enjoying seeing where everyone is at. Here is our plans

Tiffany's College Graduation and Birthday Trip:

May 12 Thurs - Arrive by car. Check in Kidani - LeCellier lunch
May 13 Friday - Captain Cooks - Backstage Magic Tour - Ohana Dinner
May 14 Sat. - DHS EMH (Starring Rolls Breakfast) & MK Tony's Dinner
May 15 Sun - AK & MK Tusker House Breakfast, (Flame Tree Lunch) and Wishes Dessert Party
May 16 Mon - Check out AKL - Check-in BLT - Crystal Palace Breakfast - DHS EMH
May 17 Tues - Epcot EMH (Yorkshire County Fish Lunch), 1900 Park Fair Dinner, DHS Fantasmic
May 18 Wed - MK (Main St. Bakery Breakfast), Epcot Biergarten Dinner
May 19 Thurs - Breakfast Kouzzina, then drive home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter