*Official* May 2010 Thread - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's May!

It is officially 7 days until the start of May. How exciting is this! I remember when it was the start of April and I was really excited that we were all going to Disney next month. Now 'next month' is next week!

Does anyone have any ADR's that they have never tried before?

I am going to Les Chef De France for the first time and am really excited! I have always wanted to eat there but was never quite sure if the items on the menu appealed to me. I looked on AllEars Net and saw that they have a fixed price menu with some things on it that sound really yummy!

We are going to:
Crystal Palace (B)
Ohana (D)
Le Cellier (L)
Liberty Tree Tavern (L)
50's Prime Time Cafe (L)
Boma (B)

They are all new to us, except Crystal Palace, though last time was for dinner, not breakfast. I'm excited to try them all!

It is officially 7 days until the start of May. How exciting is this! I remember when it was the start of April and I was really excited that we were all going to Disney next month. Now 'next month' is next week!

I am going to Les Chef De France for the first time and am really excited! I have always wanted to eat there but was never quite sure if the items on the menu appealed to me. I looked on AllEars Net and saw that they have a fixed price menu with some things on it that sound really yummy!

We will be trying Teppan Edo (L) for the first time.

We will also be eating at 50's Prime Time for the first time since our dd(7) was born. So that isn't really new, but it is new for her.

I can't believe we are at the two week mark!!

DH and I just decided a week ago that we would go May 22-30. DH has some vacation time he can use and I am just finishing up a very stressful semeter of nursing school, so it is a much-needed break for all of us.
We're going to be driving for the first time (eek) and will be staying off-site for the first time, too.
It has to be a super budget trip, but I'm realizing how fun and freeing it will be to not be tied down to all the ADRs we normally have! We did book a Sci-Fi lunch and a Plaza lunch for those park days, since I think they may be crowded and thought an air-conditioned respite would be nice, but other than that, we're winging it! I'm nervous and excited.
AND- the kids have no clue. We are going to put them in the car while they're still sleeping when DH gets home from work around midnight, and start driving. I'm not sure how/when to spill the beans, but I know they are going to absolutely flip out! :)

We are trying the Crystal Palace for breakfast for the first time. The last 2 times we did the OHana Character Breakfast and wanted to try something different this time.

Need Opinions
Hi everyone: I want to get opinions on the Fantasmic Dining Package vs. the second showing of Fantasmic. Has anyone ever gone to the second showing of Fantasmic when it is offered? How are the crowds and the wait? I initially booked the Fantasmic Dining Package for May 25th so that my DD and I don't have to wait as long to get into the show (she is ADHD and mildly mentally challenged and does not do well with long lines). They have now added a second show for 2 nights of our trip. I have done the package once before and only had to show up 30 minutes before the show and it was great. But this time, even with the package, I was told to show up 60-90 minutes ahead of the show. Has anyone done the package recently? Or would I do better with the second show? We don't have a problem with the lateless of the second show. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

:yay::yay::yay: just a few days left before we start the drive down!

No new ressies for the whole group but some new ressies for my DH:

Whispering Canyon Cafe (B)
Grand Floridian Cafe (B)
Sci Fi Dine In (L)

He's also never been to the Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian.

It's all new for my son (9 months old)!

The rest of our ressies are:

'Ohana (B)
Crystal Palace (B) we ALWAYS have to do CP for Breakfast!
Coral Reef (L)
Prime Time (L)

Ooooh now I'm hungry, :rotfl:

:banana::banana::banana:7 days from now I will be on a plane to my favorite place on Earth...Pop Century here we come...May 1-6

We are trying Teppan Edo, Les Chefs De France, Whispering Canyon and The Crystal Palace for the first time!!!

4 weeks from today we'll be walking down Main Street, USA!!!!!

We have a couple new ressies that we've never tried before including:
The Princess Breakfast in Norway
The Garden Grille and
Donald's breakfast at Tusker House

I can't wait!:banana:

DH and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary at AKL-Kidani May 23rd-28th. We're trying the Wanyama Safari for the first time. Can't wait!:cool1:

I can't believe we are at the two week mark!!

Me neither! This will be my 2-YO nephew's first trip to WDW! My DSis, her DH, my nephew(their son), and my father are joining my DH, DD4 and me. We will be celebrating the 10 Year Anniversary of my kidney transplant, courtesy of my wonderful father. I would not have that beautiful little girl in my avatar without his second gift of life to me. This is going to be a very special trip for us. And of course, my dad is getting an all-expenses paid trip there :thumbsup2. It's just a little thing I can do for all that he's given me.

Me neither! This will be my 2-YO nephew's first trip to WDW! My DSis, her DH, my nephew(their son), and my father are joining my DH, DD4 and me. We will be celebrating the 10 Year Anniversary of my kidney transplant, courtesy of my wonderful father. I would not have that beautiful little girl in my avatar without his second gift of life to me. This is going to be a very special trip for us. And of course, my dad is getting an all-expenses paid trip there :thumbsup2. It's just a little thing I can do for all that he's given me.

Erika,
It is never my intention to be a doggy downer but please love your Dad like you do. I will be visiting my mother and father's grave for the first time tomorrow. Love your Dad like there is no tomorrow, not that I need to tell you that. What you are doing is not only for him but for all of you is so wonderful! What a wonderful gift he gave you, like the first gift of life wasn't enough lol. Have the most fan-tab-ulous time.

Bow Chicka Bow Bow

Just booked May 20 through 25th.
First time at Pop Century.

Time to redeem the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day voucher!!!

Just saw Elton John sing The Circle of life live in concert...can we say amazing!!!

Elton John was today...next saturday is animal kingdom and mickey's backyard bbq....ahhhh life is good:cool1:

Erika,
It is never my intention to be a doggy downer but please love your Dad like you do. I will be visiting my mother and father's grave for the first time tomorrow. Love your Dad like there is no tomorrow, not that I need to tell you that. What you are doing is not only for him but for all of you is so wonderful! What a wonderful gift he gave you, like the first gift of life wasn't enough lol. Have the most fan-tab-ulous time.

Thank you so much, Anna. I do love my father very, VERY much, and I do tell him that he really is my "favorite dad" :). I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter