**Official March 2017 Thread**

Northern Virginia, near DC. My flight is Tuesday morning at 8:30, and that seems to be right as the snow is ending. Problem is it's supposed to have been snowing hard all night, so who knows if I'll be able to make it to the airport, etc etc.

Seriously considering switching my flight to flying out Monday night before the snow starts!
Safe travels and have a blast :cool1:

I almost don't even want to go anymore.

:charac2::charac2::charac2::charac2:

As luck would have it, I am sitting in the ER at Lebonheur Childrens Hospital with my son. While playing on the playground at school and climbing the twisty tower thing with holes, his shoes got caught and when he "jumped" his foot didn't let go. He flew face first into the ground only stopping himself with his forearms. Broken the bones (both radius and ulna) in his left arm near the wrist. Because of how bad the break is, he requires sedation to set it and then we will have to wait for him to wake up. Waiting till 11pm to roll around so we can get the sleeping stuff going.... I just don't know what else is going to happen or if we will even make it to Florida at all.

I'd post the arm picture but don't want y'all to :crazy2:

Everyone who is there or going soon, PLEASE ENJOY IT EXTRA WELL for me and my family.

I'm so sorry about your son! I hope that he will be well enough so you can make your trip, even though your plans may be different. Disney is still magical, even in a cast!

We are in the same situation, sadly. My husband's best friend past away unexpectedly last night. I was supposed to leave tomorrow with my mom and my daughter for her spring break. I'm currently trying to find out if we can alter out trip, or we may just have to cancel.

We're just back from a week in Orlando. The highlights of the trip were remarkably the hotel, and a restaurant.

We have been dvc members for twenty years but this is the first time we stayed in a one bedroom Villa at Kidani Village. It is so much roomier and better overall that one bedroom villas at our home resort, the Boardwalk, or at any of the six other dvc resorts where we've started in the past. We especially like that it has two full bathrooms (though even one and a half would be appreciated). And of course the savanna view cannot be beat. We were seriously considering making this our last visit for a long time, selling our dvc membership, but I could be very happy just making Kidani Village a destination resort for us, as long as we can exchange into it no problem. Who needs the theme parks??

Except then we would not be able to return to Tiffin's. In the past we have had other favorites, Spoodles, Artist Point, Narcoossee, etc., but Tiffin's is the new king. We had both lunch and dinner, and had both lunch and dinner at Nomad Club, over the course of the week. Excellent food and service. (Especially Ritch, our server at both of our visits to Nomad Club.) I worry what will happen once Pandora opens. Will Tiffin's become so popular that that adversely affects its quality? And will we ever again be able to meander up to Nomad Club and casually plant ourselves on one of those wonderful couches overlooking Pandora?

Rivers of Light was supposed to be or main highlight this trip. But it was only okay. I understand the considerations that preclude fireworks, but I though they could have employed more fire at least. And the story was much less cohesive than I thought it should have been.

We did manage to visit practically every hidden and secret path in the park this time, at least that on which I could push my wife's wheelchair. So much to see if you take the time to see it!

We also went to Epcot. The festival is just too diluted now, with all the food kiosks and impromptu playgrounds and such. Frozen Ever After was good, but it doesn't warrant the tier I status it has now. We did use my employee benefits to take a couple of rests in the VIP center at Spaceship Earth, and the back door entry to the ride. That was cool.

The bottom line is that we will be back, something that wasn't 100% assured when we arrived on Sunday. I doubt we'll see our home resort ever again... If we start having problems exchanging that may prompt us to sell. But as long as we can sleep on the savanna, we will be happy.
Welcome Back
Thanks for your review sounds like a great trip.

I'm actually piggybacking off a work trip, so it's super easy to change everything, just makes the adding up of what's personal time vs work time a bit complicated. BUT! they upped the chance of 4 in or more of snow to 75%, and said snow could continue through midday Tuesday, so I called and got it all changed. Flying out Monday late afternoon now, before the snow starts (*fingers crossed*--before it's predicted to start at least!), and just booked a La Quinta Inn by the airport for that night. Hopefully I should miss it all!

That was really smart! Even if the storm is a miss, its gonna hit somewhere and the airlines will very likely be screwed up for a few days.

...Also, 11" predicted for you? No fun!!

Yeah, I just looked at Weather Underground on my phone and now says 12" Tuesday and 1 more on Wednesday. Definitely not fun. I think two weekends ago it was 75. That was fun.

I'm so sorry about your son! I hope that he will be well enough so you can make your trip, even though your plans may be different. Disney is still magical, even in a cast!

We are in the same situation, sadly. My husband's best friend past away unexpectedly last night. I was supposed to leave tomorrow with my mom and my daughter for her spring break. I'm currently trying to find out if we can alter out trip, or we may just have to cancel.

That is awful! I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope y'all are able to find a way to honor his friend and still visit The World!

Well, I just got back tonight. Weather was mild March 1-7. Hot and humid March 8-9. I carried my rain poncho the whole trip except for one evening. That was the evening it rained. So obviously carrying a poncho is effective at preventing rain. Enjoyed the Braves-Yankees spring training game, except for the hot-humid weather, but it was nice the way they included some Disney music, and the first time a foul ball went into the stands you heard "mine, mine, mine" like the birds in Nemo. Saw a fan make a great catch of a bat that flew into the stands. Would have liked to meet John Stamos, but I didn't see him. I agree with those who said Rivers of Light is underwhelming. Partly because it started about ten months behind original schedule, by that time my expectations were unrealistically high, but even so I'm less than thrilled with it. It's OK but not dazzling. I understand they can't do fireworks there but maybe they will find other ways to improve the show. Most disappointing meal: Ravello character breakfast. The staff tried hard but other than the French toast, I just didn't think most of the food was that good, I found it less interesting as a character meal than others I've been to, and IMHO not worth the price of $46 plus tax and tip. Most surprisingly good meal: Rose and Crown, which I'd booked in order to have a good view of Illuminations. Based on past experiences there, I expected only average food, but this time everything was superb. It was nice also meeting some Dis'ers during the trip. Have fun, those who are still there or have yet to go.

Ahhhhh...Im going to scream! I spent all day yesterday pulling out totes of spring and summer clothes, had all family members trying on stuff, then washed everything we are bringing. I had it all neatly in piles on top of my bureau waiting for my husband to bring up the luggage from the cellar. So.....I went grocery shopping with the rest of Massachusetts, who is expecting a blizzard Tuesday, and when I got back home and came upstairs, the first thing I see is my fluffy long haired all white cat sleeping on top of the clothes. Ughhhhh...back to the washer they go. How she managed to lay across 3 piles, Ill never know. Luckily 4 other piles were spared from what we refer to as "Gigi Fur".

But...the good news is, technically, we are leaving for WDW NEXT WEEK! Still 12 days away, but it is next week!!!

Well, I just got back tonight. Weather was mild March 1-7. Hot and humid March 8-9. I carried my rain poncho the whole trip except for one evening. That was the evening it rained. So obviously carrying a poncho is effective at preventing rain. Enjoyed the Braves-Yankees spring training game, except for the hot-humid weather, but it was nice the way they included some Disney music, and the first time a foul ball went into the stands you heard "mine, mine, mine" like the birds in Nemo.

I will gladly carry a poncho for warmth and sunshine. Its 8 degrees here today and we are expecting 12 - 16 inches of snow on Tuesday!

Love the "Mine, Mine, Mine" !!!!

Ahhhhh...Im going to scream! I spent all day yesterday pulling out totes of spring and summer clothes, had all family members trying on stuff, then washed everything we are bringing. I had it all neatly in piles on top of my bureau waiting for my husband to bring up the luggage from the cellar. So.....I went grocery shopping with the rest of Massachusetts, who is expecting a blizzard Tuesday, and when I got back home and came upstairs, the first thing I see is my fluffy long haired all white cat sleeping on top of the clothes. Ughhhhh...back to the washer they go. How she managed to lay across 3 piles, Ill never know. Luckily 4 other piles were spared from what we refer to as "Gigi Fur".

But...the good news is, technically, we are leaving for WDW NEXT WEEK! Still 12 days away, but it is next week!!!
My DD cat Banjo does the same thing he loves to lay on the clean clothes especially just out of the dryer.
Yay next week!

I hope everyone currently in Disney is having a blast! We got home last night and were definitely in a state of post-Disney blues today. It doesn't help that it is freezing cold here at the moment, with a nor-easter on the way this week, haha. We loved our time in Disney, and although we assumed it would be our one Disney trip, are already dreaming about returning in a few years.

I've got to admit, it's pretty nice spending time in that Disney bubble for a while :tink:

We got home last night and were definitely in a state of post-Disney blues today.

Same here. It's a tough transition suddenly to be back in the real world and have to deal with chores today. Very grateful to have a job, but it will be tough transitioning back to work tomorrow as well. However to partially mitigate the post-Disney blues, I'm thinking about ways to bring more of the joy of Disney into my everyday life. I don't have all the answers, but it's something to mull over. Oh, and of course I already have started a list of restaurants and activities for next year's WDW trip.

Same here. It's a tough transition suddenly to be back in the real world and have to deal with chores today. Very grateful to have a job, but it will be tough transitioning back to work tomorrow as well. However to partially mitigate the post-Disney blues, I'm thinking about ways to bring more of the joy of Disney into my everyday life. I don't have all the answers, but it's something to mull over. Oh, and of course I already have started a list of restaurants and activities for next year's WDW trip.

Such a good idea. Being is Disney filled us with such joy, we had such a wonderful time, we would definitely benefit from bringing more of that into our days. You're so lucky to know you're going back next year!

That is awful! I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope y'all are able to find a way to honor his friend and still visit The World!
My daughter is currently driving down to WDW with my mom and I am staying home to go to our friend's funeral on Tuesday. I will fly down late Tuesday night and join them for the last 2 park days before driving back home Friday. This last week has been really rough.

My daughter is currently driving down to WDW with my mom and I am staying home to go to our friend's funeral on Tuesday. I will fly down late Tuesday night and join them for the last 2 park days before driving back home Friday. This last week has been really rough.

I can certainly relate to that!

I hope everyone currently in Disney is having a blast! We got home last night and were definitely in a state of post-Disney blues today. It doesn't help that it is freezing cold here at the moment, with a nor-easter on the way this week, haha. We loved our time in Disney, and although we assumed it would be our one Disney trip, are already dreaming about returning in a few years.

I've got to admit, it's pretty nice spending time in that Disney bubble for a while :tink:

I can relate. We got back late last Wednesday night and it was definitely a transition having to jump back into the reality of work and day to day life. There was a bad wind storm while we were gone and I had to spend all day Thursday not only unpacking all our stuff but a good hour also cleaning up the branches and debris in my front yard. It has been freezing cold here and we are also expecting close to a foot of snow overnight in addition to all the snow we got early Friday morning :crazy2:. We so miss the Florida sunshine and weather! I haven't had a chance to download our photopass pictures yet or the pictures we took on our phones and camera, so that will be my project this week so I can do our Shutterfly photobook for our trip. We had a Disney movie night last night and watched Moana and used our Disney popcorn buckets for popcorn and made pineapple coconut smoothies. We are also contemplating our next trip. We want to return when Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land is done at DHS in a couple years. We also want to do Universal so we are considering doing a big Disney/Universal trip for my 40th birthday in summer 2019!

I noticed by your tickers that we overlap for our next two trips. Maybe we'll see you once or twice. :)
Wow! Not only that but we're at the same resort for both trips :goodvibes We'll have to try and say hello at least once!

So obviously carrying a poncho is effective at preventing rain.
:rotfl2: Yup, learned this many times over in Disney! Glad you had a good trip.

.I went grocery shopping with the rest of Massachusetts, who is expecting a blizzard Tuesday,
I went grocery shopping right along with you since we're getting that blizzard here in NY, too :cold:

when I got back home and came upstairs, the first thing I see is my fluffy long haired all white cat sleeping on top of the clothes.
:rotfl: :cat::cat: I used to have a white cat; now I have a calico and a grey one and you're lucky if you find a spot in the house w/o hair. I can keep the lint roller companies in business all by myself!

Still 12 days away, but it is next week!!!
We're at 12 days, too! I don't think I realized we were down at the same time :)

Discovered a new favorite drink mango Pina Colava yummy
Ooh, looks good! I've had the raspberry Pina Colava. Where in HS did you find this beauty?
Love the pics of you and Kathy, tell her I said hello!

I just said the same....next week. I also just went shopping with everyone else in our area. It's so funny how everyone panics and goes shopping every time there is snow. It's my usual shopping day. Haven't even pulled clothes out yet and I'm only 9 days away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter