***Official June 2019***

OH DEAR LAWD SOMEBODY STOP ME. I just popped for the Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package. IT MADE SENSE AT THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::faint::faint::faint::faint::eek::eek::eek:
OK....
I'm going to count to three and snap my fingers.
Then you'll wake up from this nightmare.
One..Two. Three
SNAP.

Did it work? :o

OK....
I'm going to count to three and snap my fingers.
Then you'll wake up from this nightmare.
One..Two. Three
SNAP.

Did it work? :o
No. No, it did not. Even, worse, DS is now convinced that it's our best lunch option. Breathtakingly awful marinara is in my future. #DisneyProblems

I can't believe we're going again this year and getting to do a "family trip" too! DH and I just celebrated our 22nd anniversary at WDW in Jan. and we weren't planning to go back till next year. But DS1's GF is doing the college program now and he broke down and got a Florida resident pass this year (he's in the AF stationed near Destin). He was texting DH about bringing something when we visit him this summer and suggested we all meet up at Disney instead. DH's response was "Well get together with your mom and get to planning!" And he was serious! So we've booked 2 rooms at POR with a garden view and DS2's GF is coming too. Last year we were there on DS2's actual birthday and this time we'll be there on GF1's actual birthday. We doing Splitsville on arrival night, starting at Epcot on Mon. after breakfast at Boma, Tue. starting at AK, Wed. pool day, 4:00 Hoop-Dee-Doo, then DS, Thu. starting at MK, and Fri. starting at DHS. We're mainly going to do CS meals so we can have flexibility. I can make FP picks Tue. and then we'll be all set. This is the quickest I've ever planned a trip, but I'm excited to not have too many actual plans so we can go with the flow.

No. No, it did not. Even, worse, DS is now convinced that it's our best lunch option. Breathtakingly awful marinara is in my future. #DisneyProblems
Sorry......
That was the only trick I ever learned and I'm not very good at it. :o
The Marinara reminds me of an off brand catsup with a shake of store bought Italian seasonings dropped in.
Tony's Scampi isn't bad though.

Had our FP+ window open today. No hiccups aside from getting the time wrong (we're in the UK) and panic-called our travel agent because we couldn't access it but turns out we were an hour early! We got everything we wanted, SDD went pretty quickly but we got 'em, only one we missed out on was Na'vi River Journey so will just have to brave the queue for that one.

Unfortunately though we've had a slight mishap with our booking where we've extended our trip by 2 days and our travel agent has failed to tell Disney that we're now on the 21-day ticket and MDE still showed the 14-day pass, so we haven't managed to book any FP+ for those two days (one being 4th July) so those have likely gone now which is gutting, the positive is we've got everything we wanted but this is beyond our control and won't get sorted until at least Tuesday as it's a holiday weekend. :(

Oh no, I hope everything works out! I wouldn't be too discouraged. Yes some people will have gotten the jump on you but with those eligible being a small group having the July 4th range open I think you may still find some good stuff yet. Keep the hope alive!

Today was my fast pass day as well. I got everything I wanted, but couldn’t get Slinky at my ideal time for our Hollywood Studios day. I’m going to try and modify it before our trip.

Awesome that you were able to get it! Mine was a little later than I wanted but I decided maybe we should just have lunch for that hour and planned a Hollywood Brown Derby lunch! Hopefully my son will find something he's willing to eat there.

OH DEAR LAWD SOMEBODY STOP ME. I just popped for the Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package. IT MADE SENSE AT THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::faint::faint::faint::faint::eek::eek::eek:

Girl, Tony's? That's a bridge too far. I think we need a hotline or intervention or something!

Please add me to the roll call!

sydney2977: June 23-29 at POR

Done!

I can't believe we're going again this year and getting to do a "family trip" too! DH and I just celebrated our 22nd anniversary at WDW in Jan. and we weren't planning to go back till next year. But DS1's GF is doing the college program now and he broke down and got a Florida resident pass this year (he's in the AF stationed near Destin). He was texting DH about bringing something when we visit him this summer and suggested we all meet up at Disney instead. DH's response was "Well get together with your mom and get to planning!" And he was serious! So we've booked 2 rooms at POR with a garden view and DS2's GF is coming too. Last year we were there on DS2's actual birthday and this time we'll be there on GF1's actual birthday. We doing Splitsville on arrival night, starting at Epcot on Mon. after breakfast at Boma, Tue. starting at AK, Wed. pool day, 4:00 Hoop-Dee-Doo, then DS, Thu. starting at MK, and Fri. starting at DHS. We're mainly going to do CS meals so we can have flexibility. I can make FP picks Tue. and then we'll be all set. This is the quickest I've ever planned a trip, but I'm excited to not have too many actual plans so we can go with the flow.
Oh hey nothing like a somewhat impromptu trip and you're getting the family together a bit too, awesome! I hope the GFs are on their best behavior!

Sorry......
The Marinara reminds me of an off brand catsup with a shake of store bought Italian seasonings dropped in.

I'm not brave enough to try Tony's, I'm pretty picky about my Italian food so I think I better just stick to burgers, hot dogs, and nuggets in the MK ;)

Sorry......
Girl, Tony's? That's a bridge too far. I think we need a hotline or intervention or something!
Okay, so, Pete & Crew reviewed it last June, and they had a new executive chef who'd been there about 6 months, and came out to talk to them at the end of the meal. She was apparently VERY open to all the critiques (way more than I would EVER have imagined), and Pete was actually fairly complimentary of his meal. Ranked it a 7. Charles and Steve were kind of meh, Sean HATED it, but the info that came out of it included 1) they're making all their pasta in house now, 2) the sauce has ingredients that come from a can, but does not, itself, come from a can anymore, and 3) the tiramisu is awesome. I've also scoured the web looking for reviews in the last year, and there's no question it's improving. It's not drop dead WONDERFUL, but I'm not quite as icked out as I was at first.

Bottom line, I can definitely recoup the ticket price with the meal, and because I LOVE that parade and have NEVER been happy with our viewing locations, I'm just going to suck it up and do it. We've got HEA Dessert Party that evening, so I can load up on cheeseburger eggrolls if necessary. :thumbsup2
OH!!! And an earlier ToT FP opened for our arrival day, so I am a happy happy planner right now. :cool1:

Okay, so, Pete & Crew reviewed it last June, and they had a new executive chef who'd been there about 6 months, and came out to talk to them at the end of the meal. She was apparently VERY open to all the critiques (way more than I would EVER have imagined), and Pete was actually fairly complimentary of his meal. Ranked it a 7. Charles and Steve were kind of meh, Sean HATED it, but the info that came out of it included 1) they're making all their pasta in house now, 2) the sauce has ingredients that come from a can, but does not, itself, come from a can anymore, and 3) the tiramisu is awesome. I've also scoured the web looking for reviews in the last year, and there's no question it's improving. It's not drop dead WONDERFUL, but I'm not quite as icked out as I was at first.

Bottom line, I can definitely recoup the ticket price with the meal, and because I LOVE that parade and have NEVER been happy with our viewing locations, I'm just going to suck it up and do it. We've got HEA Dessert Party that evening, so I can load up on cheeseburger eggrolls if necessary. :thumbsup2
OH!!! And an earlier ToT FP opened for our arrival day, so I am a happy happy planner right now. :cool1:

Haha I do remember that review! I do hope you enjoy it anyway and I'm just giving you a bit of grief!

My DH was stationed at Hurlburt Field years ago. Loved his time there. Have fun on your trip!

Hubby and I will be going on a “kid free” trip to celebrate our anniversary! Our dates are June 6-11 at SSR (hoping our WL comes through for BW).

Excited about all of the “adult” Disney stuff we will get to do! Anyone have a recommendation for a nice dinner? We are thinking Flying Fish or Yachtsman but have reservations at Be our Guest and Le Cellier right now. Never been to either of these in all our trips! Thanks!

Today was my fast pass day as well. I got everything I wanted, but couldn’t get Slinky at my ideal time for our Hollywood Studios day. I’m going to try and modify it before our trip.

Couldnt get a slinky dog fastpass for either of our 2 park days so I actually think we may do the HS after hours instead. Not sure thats the correct reaction but why not hahah.

Keep trying! I wasn't able to get SDD on our FP date, but over a week later, after trying multiple times a day, one early morning I tried and snagged a 9:30am FP for SDD! No one in my house understood why I was doing the happy dance so early in the morning in bed. :rockband: :p

We just booked flights for a 2-week June/July trip! Split stay at a still TBD resort & Poly.

We'll have the 10-day PH and then plenty of resort time on the off days. (Might swing for DAH on 1-2 of those days. We're not convinced my youngest can handle the late hours, so it's up in the air.) Since we just decided to do this, I don't have our park days figured out yet. I've got some planning to do this week... our FP+ day is Saturday.

Sorted our Fastpasses for the last two days of our trip - the lovely people at Disney sorted the ticket issue for us and we got FPs with no problems. I was surprised how many there were for 4th July, maybe because the window for around that time hasn't opened yet?

Keep trying! I wasn't able to get SDD on our FP date, but over a week later, after trying multiple times a day, one early morning I tried and snagged a 9:30am FP for SDD! No one in my house understood why I was doing the happy dance so early in the morning in bed. :rockband: :p

I actually ended up caving and getting the after hours. It will allow us to spend a longer time at Epcot before heading over so it is worth it to us for this super short trip.

Hubby and I will be going on a “kid free” trip to celebrate our anniversary! Our dates are June 6-11 at SSR (hoping our WL comes through for BW).

Excited about all of the “adult” Disney stuff we will get to do! Anyone have a recommendation for a nice dinner? We are thinking Flying Fish or Yachtsman but have reservations at Be our Guest and Le Cellier right now. Never been to either of these in all our trips! Thanks!

You're in, welcome! I know Yachtsman is on our list. There's also some cool options at Disney Springs that might be worth checking as well.

I actually ended up caving and getting the after hours. It will allow us to spend a longer time at Epcot before heading over so it is worth it to us for this super short trip.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

You're in, welcome! I know Yachtsman is on our list. There's also some cool options at Disney Springs that might be worth checking as well.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Dont get me started. already began thinking of also doing the Villains party the night we land hahaha.

The countdown is on! We're getting ever closer, I think I almost fainted when I saw my Magic Bands will stop being customizable in 10 days! Crunchtime! (Although I have my perennial favorites, my purple bands with Walt and Figment on them!) We had some WEIRD glitches with FP+ on MDE this weekend. My friend went to change her ToT time, and all of our June 4th at Studios disappeared. Although we were quite stressed, it worked in our favor, since we now have Slinky, ToT and Star Tours at times we like MUCH better.
We've got our days pretty much planned now, and I think having the two tours during our trip made it that much easier and stress-free.
Has anyone here done the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour? We'll be going on ours June 5th! Nothing like a 7:45 attendance call at the Magic Kingdom to get the day started!

Anyone have a rough time booking fastpasses today? Our window opened and the website went down at least 13 times in the first 35 minutes. Now the app shows all of my fastpass reservations are only for 1 guest but when I log in to the full website it shows the whole party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter