***Official June 2019***

Well I have some exciting news!
(I’ve also been loving seeing how many of us are trying new to us restaurants around the World!)
My lovely friend made a surprise discovery and upgraded our room to....the Poly! I’ve never stayed at the Poly or a deluxe resort for that matter. I can’t believe it, nor can I contain how exciting it just got. Monorail loop resort here we come!

(I’ve also been loving seeing how many of us are trying new to us restaurants around the World!)
My lovely friend made a surprise discovery and upgraded our room to....the Poly! I’ve never stayed at the Poly or a deluxe resort for that matter. I can’t believe it, nor can I contain how exciting it just got. Monorail loop resort here we come!
We own points at the Poly and LOVE IT!!!!!! It is the PERFECT place for a Gals Only trip (I'm doing one in October!!!). You're going to have a FANTASTIC time!!! :stitch2:

We own points at the Poly and LOVE IT!!!!!! It is the PERFECT place for a Gals Only trip (I'm doing one in October!!!). You're going to have a FANTASTIC time!!! :stitch2:

This is my second girls' only trip. I cannot wait! There's just something so fantastic about going with friends. Its surreal, and seeing the resort this morning in MDE was a doubletake for me. I just can't wait for that dole whip margarita i keep seeing!

Ditto everything @JennLTX said about the polynesian. We have a small, direct contract there and I wish it was a lot more points. I would stay there every year easily.

Joining the June party! We booked a last minute trip to go to the Villains After Hours!

Dates are June 12-16, snagged a great AP rate at Caribbean Beach.

Fastpasses opened today. Couldn’t get Slinky at all but everything else went well!

Welcome! It sounds like the Villains After Hour is gonna be really fun! I just hope they don't increase the ticket sales too much. Slinky is (in my opinion) a better ride at night so it might be easy to fit in at the end of the night if you're not worried about missing something else.

I just checked the park hours for our upcoming trip. The only day that I see that has changed is our first MK day (June 1) where the park is now open from 8am-midnight. I am very excited that it is opened until midnight because we love staying late at MK. However, I am a little concerned that the park is opening up at 8am with no EMH. We have a PPO ADR at BOG (8am), which we always do, so we can get in and eat then head straight over to SDMT after and ride it a couple of times before the rope droppers get there, then we use our FP+ after that. I would change out our 8am BOG ADR for a later time, but there is nothing available and that is one ADR that my kids always look forward to. I know I am worrying over nothing, but this is the first time that we will be at a park where the opening is at 8am. For those of you that have gone to a park when it opens at 8am, how is the park that day? I am guessing Disney is expecting very large crowds.

Side Note, the way we tour the parks is that we get to the parks early (usually having an PPO ADR, except at DHS) and go until around lunch time, then we head back to the resort for a break, then we head back to the same park to close it out.

Welcome! It sounds like the Villains After Hour is gonna be really fun! I just hope they don't increase the ticket sales too much. Slinky is (in my opinion) a better ride at night so it might be easy to fit in at the end of the night if you're not worried about missing something else.

I agree about the ticket sales for the After Hours. I definitely feel they've gotten more crowded since the first one we did a couple years ago!

I just checked the park hours for our upcoming trip. The only day that I see that has changed is our first MK day (June 1) where the park is now open from 8am-midnight. I am very excited that it is opened until midnight because we love staying late at MK. However, I am a little concerned that the park is opening up at 8am with no EMH. We have a PPO ADR at BOG (8am), which we always do, so we can get in and eat then head straight over to SDMT after and ride it a couple of times before the rope droppers get there, then we use our FP+ after that. I would change out our 8am BOG ADR for a later time, but there is nothing available and that is one ADR that my kids always look forward to. I know I am worrying over nothing, but this is the first time that we will be at a park where the opening is at 8am. For those of you that have gone to a park when it opens at 8am, how is the park that day? I am guessing Disney is expecting very large crowds.

Side Note, the way we tour the parks is that we get to the parks early (usually having an PPO ADR, except at DHS) and go until around lunch time, then we head back to the resort for a break, then we head back to the same park to close it out.

I would try to use the touring plans reservation finder and try to get a later time for Be Our Guest if you guys still want to go. Perhaps between 10 and 10:30 as things start to get busier. I would absolutely take that as a sign it's going to be busier but honestly they tend to add hours like that often. With June 1st being a Saturday it's almost a given it would be busy anyway. I feel like the only way to better guarantee multiple rides on the mine train is to do Early Morning Magic and even then the ride could be down.

All these spring break photos and stories freak me out! I’ve never been in June before; what are the crowds like? Please tell me it’s nothing like spring break!

Hopefully you will have the same luck. We didn't have any issues getting what we wanted at reasonable times.
We loaded our FP's a week ago and had no trouble getting what we were interested in.
Our only hangup was with a lunch ADR at BOG when the WDW computer, after approving my reservation and credit card, decided that we would be happier having tea at the Grand Floridian.
The nice people at WDW got that straightened out for us. :D

So I just caught up on the thread. Got all my FPs booked. Only booked SDD and FOP once because I have non thrill loving boys (WHAT???) and one short 5 year old. We are there 9 days with an AP so we went ahead and booked 9 days of FPs. Got everything I wanted when I wanted it. We have all our dining booked though I did end up switching two park days so I need to try to get better times for two ADRs. I have reservation finders set up, so hopefully they will ding soon.

Also our extras this trip are Pirates & Pals and the Star Wars Dessert Party. Really wanted to do the Villains After Hours but it's just too much work to move stuff around plus tickets for four are a little out of the budget since we have 7 trips (one already taken, 6 in the future) booked for this year already.

At some point in the near future, I will post all my plans, but right now I am focusing on my adult only May trip. A big group of us from the Dis are doing an EPIC meet up the first weekend in May. So I think I am sitting at 16 days til that trip!

It's getting so close! I am so excited!!

50 days...
All these spring break photos and stories freak me out! I’ve never been in June before; what are the crowds like? Please tell me it’s nothing like spring break!
we go in June every year. It’s Disney so there’s crowds and it’s June so it’s hot. Go expecting that and you’ll be fine. Just enjoy your time there

After about a week of switching and changing, we finally got our ADRs settled!
I'm trying a couple new ones for this trip, as my friend is into trying never eaten before places as well! :laughing:

Arrival day (June 4): We don't have one! I don't usually like to make ADRs for arrival day.
June 5: this is our MK day; we've got a tour in the morning (Marceline to Magic Kingdom!) and TWO ADRs; BoG Lunch and Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner (She's never eaten there, and Its been about 10 years for me!)
June 6: We've got a PPO at Tusker House (New to me! Its her fave!)
June 7: Epcot day! Later lunch at Via Napoli (not new, but its been a long time, 2007 maybe?)
June 8: Tony's Town Square lunch. I've wanted to try it, because the location looks cute. Who knows?

I can hardly wait. We're just under 2 months out! I didn't find these ADRs too terrible to find, though I don't know how she managed the BoG ADR, as we were far within the window when we booked the trip. Thought I'd share! I love reading other members' plans :jumping1:
We LOVE Tusker House for breakfast!

We couldn’t get SDD at all for our trip so the plan is to skip Fantasmic which we do live and try to do Slinky Dog and Alien at the end of the night. I’ll make my teens wait 40 mins if necessary! I wanna ride it so much.

Looks like we have some June hour updates already: https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/magic-kingdom-park-hours-extended-through-june-for-select-dates/
Or not, guess I should read the article!

We couldn’t get SDD at all for our trip so the plan is to skip Fantasmic which we do live and try to do Slinky Dog and Alien at the end of the night. I’ll make my teens wait 40 mins if necessary! I wanna ride it so much.

Yep, it's totally worth it and at night it's great. Once the park closes, the line moves along pretty nicely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter