*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Oh, ok. No, I've checked in the last several weeks. I was looking at Epcot only open from 9-9 and thinking there isn't really time for an afternoon break if we decide to stay at Epcot that day and not parkhop. I really didn't know what I was doing when I made ADRs in Dec. and I still don't. I had to pick something so I went with Josh's park recommendations which avoid EMH. So I'm torn if I did the right thing, or if we should go to morning EMHs. There are a few things we can tweek around but not much.

Epcot has been a very difficult park to plan this year because of FP+

You'll be fine with the 9-9 hours. It is one park that rarely deviates from those opening hours so at least it's reliable and if you have the time to play with, you could actually afford to take a break on a full day there if you wanted to as 12 hours is a substantial chunk of time in a park. That said, Epcot is definitely a two day park for us because we like the attractions and this year with the tiers and FP+ it makes more sense to do a short morning in FW and then finish up the park on a different day.

I'm not making any more changes to my plans unless some significant information comes to light that shows major flaws in what we have now. I am leaving our chosen times for FP preferences as they are too, despite the recent announcement. I just feel I've spent more time planning this trip than any other and still feel so unprepared for it, which considering how many park days we have under our belt there so far is a bit of a shock to the mind, lol.

We will be there from June 29th to July 5th staying at Bonnet Creek. Can't wait!! Have so many ressies already it's been 7 years since we went! My dd was only 11 months old!! It's going to be a huge surprise for her she has been pleading with us to go! Any ideas on making it extra special for her??? :goodvibes

I just wanted to say that crowds over July 4th week are certainly doable. We usually go July 2nd-July 12th and we never have any major issues with crowds. We spend July 4th at Epcot all day. We usually arrive mid morning, in time to see the first show of Voices of Liberty, then we leave the park for lunch at ESPN Club at the Boardwalk, then spend the rest of the day in the park.

Who all has nerves about using FP+? I've read and done my research and I know what I'm facing but it's anxiety provoking cause it's something so new. Anyone else?

Who all has nerves about using FP+? I've read and done my research and I know what I'm facing but it's anxiety provoking cause it's something so new. Anyone else?
I was nervous, but then I tried to book some fast passes during Spring Break (I have annual passes). I have not had trouble getting fast passes for anything but some of the the meet and greets, fireworks, some shows, and parades. As long as you book those 60 days in advance you should not have to worry about anything else.

Rainydayplay, thank you - that information is actually helpful as it's pretty much what I was looking for - confirmation that the changes are added pretty much the same way as they are at other times of the year. It's not going to change the days we have picked for the parks but it may call for a break in between for a few of the extra long days.

I just wanted to say that crowds over July 4th week are certainly doable. We usually go July 2nd-July 12th and we never have any major issues with crowds. We spend July 4th at Epcot all day. We usually arrive mid morning, in time to see the first show of Voices of Liberty, then we leave the park for lunch at ESPN Club at the Boardwalk, then spend the rest of the day in the park.

Did you have no issues getting back into Epcot on the 4th if you left for a break? That's our Independence Day park too and I'm reluctant to leave during the day in case we don't get back in. I'd be gutted. How much time should we be waiting for Illuminations that night? An hour? Two hours?

[/QUOTE]Hmm. Softball, eh? Enjoying the season? Play with school or rec league or travel ball? I had to work a softball game at my school on Monday, and the girls got smashed. 15 - 3 in the 4th inning. But, the other school is good and I think they always have been. In the past, we've had issues with girls trying out, making the team, then quitting. They are getting better and got to go to regionals in Mobile last year. Hoping for some positives, but if they keep getting major, have to have surgery-type injuries... :worried:[/QUOTE]

Yep we are in full season! My daughters used to play travel ball and HS ball. We scaled back a couple years ago (long story) and now I have a HS senior who plays for her HS. She is actually the starting pitcher and pretty decent if I do say so myself ;). We haven't played too many games but haven't lost any yet either. I do hate when another team gets "smashed." We haven't had any of those yet. We have actually played in Alabama a few years ago. Our coach took us to a few different HS around Mobile and we have played Bob Jones (I think that's the name) tourney too. And hoping for NOOOO injuries for you all!!!

We're finishing our choices now. We took it day by day, knowing we can re-adjust as needed. Maybe nervous= excited???

Rainydayplay, thank you - that information is actually helpful as it's pretty much what I was looking for - confirmation that the changes are added pretty much the same way as they are at other times of the year. It's not going to change the days we have picked for the parks but it may call for a break in between for a few of the extra long days. Did you have no issues getting back into Epcot on the 4th if you left for a break? That's our Independence Day park too and I'm reluctant to leave during the day in case we don't get back in. I'd be gutted. How much time should we be waiting for Illuminations that night? An hour? Two hours?

No issues at all. Granted all we did was leave for lunch and reenter via International Gateway, so we were only out of the park about 2 hours. But no, we never had any issues.

We waited at least 2 hours for our spot. We always stake out something really early on the 4th.

We're finishing our choices now. We took it day by day, knowing we can re-adjust as needed. Maybe nervous= excited???

I feel a little less nervous now that I've booked some choices. I just hope it all works out smoothly once I get there. I am also excited though!

53 Days until the big trip!

Lodging, airfare and rental car all paid for. :cheer2:

ADRs for just 2 meals (T-Rex and 50s PTC) :cool1:

Golf for 4 at Oak Trail :thumbsup2

Still need to buy tickets!! :crazy2:

Since we're in L.A., we were able to book our FP+ on 9 pm Sunday. (Because 9pm Pacific time = midnight Eastern time!) Got everything we wanted except Wishes and MSEP are not showing up yet.

Also still hoping against hope that Lion King will reopen early.

Name: Amanda
Travel Dates (if known): June 8th - 14th
Where Will You Be Staying?: POR - Royal Room
Travel Party: 6 - me, DH, DD (10), DD (4), my parents
Current Location: Montgomery, Texas
Favorite Disney Character: Too hard to choose - Maybe Goofy or Cinderella, or the genie from Aladdin??
Favorite Disney Movie: I love them all, Frozen has made my top 3 though!
How Many Trips?: This will be my 6th - 4 as a kid, 2001 - 1 year anniversary (Music), 2008 - when my 1st DD was 4 @ CBR
On-Site or Off?: On POR
Best Disney Story: Wow, I can't even begin. I'm so glad my DH and I went before kids for our anniversary, and then taking my oldest when she was 4; it was so exciting. We talked my parents into going on that trip and my dad was NOT looking forward to it. He had the best time of everyone (because the planning was done so well!) Now he's so excited to go back!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip?
New experiences - Just Disney!

I've been a long time user of the DISBoards (from when I went in 2008), but this is my first time to ever post. Just intimidated I think. Seriously, for me, the planning is almost as fun as the actual trip. I have all of our touring plans done, ADR's done, now about to go book some Fast Pass +'s!! Wish me luck!!

Thanks for reading, and thanks to all the loyal posters that make my trips amazing by your tips and planning advice!

I posted in this thread before, but my trip has been contingent upon me getting a certain job that would enable to to quit my current job at the end of May and take my Disney trip during the first week of June.

I received word this morning that I GOT THE JOB! :woohoo:

Which means my Disney trip is now definite! I let my little cousin know that we were going for certain and she was so excited! We both are!

WDW in June, and then moving to South Korea in August to teach English. It's going to be quite a summer. :goodvibes

I posted in this thread before, but my trip has been contingent upon me getting a certain job that would enable to to quit my current job at the end of May and take my Disney trip during the first week of June. I received word this morning that I GOT THE JOB! :woohoo: Which means my Disney trip is now definite! I let my little cousin know that we were going for certain and she was so excited! We both are! WDW in June, and then moving to South Korea in August to teach English. It's going to be quite a summer. :goodvibes
Yay! I remember talking to you about it. Happy that you got the Job. Disney and a once in a life time job. Just be careful, over seas is scary now!

Yay! I remember talking to you about it. Happy that you got the Job. Disney and a once in a life time job. Just be careful, over seas is scary now!

Thanks so much! I remember chatting with you too and was hoping you would see my news! :goodvibes

I will definitely be careful (and fortunately, I will live close to several other teachers through the program). My family has been telling me much the same, as you might imagine!

Congratulations JennyMP03 :cheer2:

Now you can enjoy your trip planning. For both trips, lol. All the very best for your new job. How long will you be teaching there for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter