Official July 2023 Thread

ADR success. Space 220, Roundup Rodeo, Yak & Yeti, Takumi-Tei, Oga's and DVC Wicked Wind Down.

I am so glad that this means I am done planning for the next 60 days. I am already tired.

Flights ✔️
Resort ✔️
Tickets ✔️
Transportation ✔️
Congrats ! Our ADR day is Tuesday and we are also trying for Space 220 and Yak & Yeti, as well as Oga's. Your success gives me hope. Oddly -- i've noticed Yak and Yeti has hardly any availability when I do some quick checking. It's been stressing me out more than how fast Space 220 goes 😂

Other's on our last are : Ale + Compass Breakfast, Flying Fish, Sanaa and Yachtsman -- we've never been to any of these.

We are going to attempt 4 parks in one day on Monday the 10th. This is our 16 year old daughters idea and she's planned out all her snacks already -- she picked one sweet and one savory in each park b/c she doesn't know what she'd be in the mood for but she needs to be prepared. I'm excited to do this with her -- she's really looking forward to it.

Congrats ! Our ADR day is Tuesday and we are also trying for Space 220 and Yak & Yeti, as well as Oga's. Your success gives me hope. Oddly -- i've noticed Yak and Yeti has hardly any availability when I do some quick checking. It's been stressing me out more than how fast Space 220 goes 😂

Other's on our last are : Ale + Compass Breakfast, Flying Fish, Sanaa and Yachtsman -- we've never been to any of these.

We are going to attempt 4 parks in one day on Monday the 10th. This is our 16 year old daughters idea and she's planned out all her snacks already -- she picked one sweet and one savory in each park b/c she doesn't know what she'd be in the mood for but she needs to be prepared. I'm excited to do this with her -- she's really looking forward to it.
Good luck! Having a snacks plan is super cool.

Last edited:

Yak & Yeti only give some of their reservations to Disney. If you do not see times on Disney's website that you like, you can call Yak & Yeti directly to make a reservation. Their number is 407-824-9384.

Yak & Yeti only give some of their reservations to Disney. If you do not see times on Disney's website that you like, you can call Yak & Yeti directly to make a reservation. Their number is 407-824-9384.
Thank you ! I will definitely do this if we don’t snag what we want. I appreciate the tip!

Ale & compass breakfast is really good. we paid to get the buffet too when we went there and the biscuits were amazing. Sanaa is great too. I loved the bread service

I have not one, but two Overnight Trips planned for July!!
  1. July 4-5, staying at the Contemporary!
  2. July 19-22, staying at the Contemporary (my mom's also going to a conference at Grand Floridian during that same time window)!

Last edited:

Sub 60 days and I'm not feeling it.

9 people stretched over 3 resort rooms. One of the guests is bringing a 3 year old and everyone has concerns except the mother. How do we manage not slowing down the group, late night adult activities (bars, not the other kind), rider swap when no one wants to be responsible for the child, etc? I've been planning this for a long time and don't want to deal with any drama.

9 people stretched over 3 resort rooms. One of the guests is bringing a 3 year old and everyone has concerns except the mother. How do we manage not slowing down the group, late night adult activities (bars, not the other kind), rider swap when no one wants to be responsible for the child, etc? I've been planning this for a long time and don't want to deal with any drama.
I think it depends on the child though. At 3, my daughter was fine. She’d nap in her stroller and was able to stay up late with no issues. We didn’t take her into bars though lol, but we did stay in the parks pretty late.

Does no one want the 3 year old to come?

Ok I believe the list is updated with everyone staying in July now. If I missed someone please let me know and I’ll edit

Was the 3-year-old always coming, or was the 3-year-old just added to the guest list? Is the mother not concerned because she knows her child will be easy and not impede any plans?

At that age, my youngest was a great stroller sleeper. This allowed us to continue with our plans with minimal disruption.

I think it depends on the child though. At 3, my daughter was fine. She’d nap in her stroller and was able to stay up late with no issues. We didn’t take her into bars though lol, but we did stay in the parks pretty late.

Does no one want the 3 year old to come?
This child is a holy terror. No one wants to deal with that.

Was the 3-year-old always coming, or was the 3-year-old just added to the guest list? Is the mother not concerned because she knows her child will be easy and not impede any plans?

At that age, my youngest was a great stroller sleeper. This allowed us to continue with our plans with minimal disruption.
The child and mother are a package deal and have always been on the list. As the plans got more complex (AK tour, late night, etc) the mom had voiced her concerns that said activity would not be good for the kid.

This child is a holy terror. No one wants to deal with that.

The child and mother are a package deal and have always been on the list. As the plans got more complex (AK tour, late night, etc) the mom had voiced her concerns that said activity would not be good for the kid.
Yikes! Holy terror description would definitely give me pause. Is the mom ok with missing out on some activities? I understand trying to accommodate everyone, but some things are just not possible.

Jacq7414, our plans have changed by one day and resort at the beginning of our trip. We are now staying at CBR from 710- 7/12, before moving to BLT. Thanks:flower3:

DW and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary from July 1-6, with a split stay between Poly and Beach Club. So glad we have DVC; staying in 2 resorts we’ve long wanted to stay at!
Congrats! My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary July 25-30 (though our actual anniversary is a month earlier). Staying at the Poly had long been our goal before DVC. We've enjoyed a few great stays there including when we renewed our vows on October 1, 2021 (we are nerds). Hope you have a great anniversary trip!

Unfortunately, we already blew through our DVC points. We just became passholders and booked a room at Coronado Springs for the AP rate of $170/night. We've never stayed there, so looking forward to Toledo and Three Bridges. Please add us to the crew! Thanks. :)

Congrats! My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary July 25-30 (though our actual anniversary is a month earlier). Staying at the Poly had long been our goal before DVC. We've enjoyed a few great stays there including when we renewed our vows on October 1, 2021 (we are nerds). Hope you have a great anniversary trip!

Unfortunately, we already blew through our DVC points. We just became passholders and booked a room at Coronado Springs for the AP rate of $170/night. We've never stayed there, so looking forward to Toledo and Three Bridges. Please add us to the crew! Thanks. :)
We're going the same dates. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary.

DW and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary from July 1-6, with a split stay between Poly and Beach Club. So glad we have DVC; staying in 2 resorts we’ve long wanted to stay at!
I am curious about the DVC...do not have a clue but am interested in finding out more. Is it a timeshare type of program?

I am curious about the DVC...do not have a clue but am interested in finding out more. Is it a timeshare type of program?
Yes, it’s Disney’s timeshare program. Check out the DVC section on the board for more info. If you go to Disney at least every other year, and like to stay in deluxe resorts, it can be a good investment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter