Official July 2023 Thread

Hello fellow July travelers!

Just reserved a townhome offsite from July 3rd to August 3rd! Making use of our last month as AP. We will be spending many partial days at Disney while visiting other area attractions.

Being canadian, I am super excited about celebrating Independence Day in the US for the first time! Torn between MK or Epcot for the fireworks... 🇺🇸🎆 Thoughts?

Have a split stay this year. - July 23-Aug 1 - Contemporary, (July 23-26) and CBR (July 26-August 1), with one night in the middle of the week at Royal Pacific at Universal. Always love my July trips because it is the longest trip of the year. One more year until retirement then I can have longer trips anytime of the year :)

Reactions: rlk
CBR 7/2-7/9
Have a split stay this year. - July 23-Aug 1 - Contemporary, (July 23-26) and CBR (July 26-August 1), with one night in the middle of the week at Royal Pacific at Universal. Always love my July trips because it is the longest trip of the year. One more year until retirement then I can have longer trips anytime of the year :)
Updated the first post

Did they release the hours yet for July? I wonder if they are going to still do the deluxe evening hours for week of the 4th. I had planned on going to MK on the 3rd, but may pivot if Epcot has the evening hours that night since it is a Monday

We have just decided to go at the end of July. Hoping to get int BC. Only availability is water view. Does anyone know if we book that if we would be able to switch to the Epcot-entrance side (whatever that would be called)? I am rusty since we haven't been for 5-6 years; prior to that we were regulars so knew our stuff pretty well. Going with my son and his family and they are regulars...annul trippers.
Making our decision tomorrow about firm dates but just wondering how locked in we would be.
TIA

I thought we were finished with summer trips but we are joining the July travelers this year. We will be staying at the Grand Floridian Villas July 23-29rd. We will be bringing our teenage son's best friend along so I am not sure how this trip will go. DS does not like my Type A planning but I will need to make some plans to accommodate his ADR requests.

We have just decided to go at the end of July. Hoping to get int BC. Only availability is water view. Does anyone know if we book that if we would be able to switch to the Epcot-entrance side (whatever that would be called)? I am rusty since we haven't been for 5-6 years; prior to that we were regulars so knew our stuff pretty well. Going with my son and his family and they are regulars...annul trippers.
Making our decision tomorrow about firm dates but just wondering how locked in we would be.
TIA
Update and some questions: (I'm sure I would find the answers if I search around but I don't have a lot of time before we have to book)
I will be the single G'Mother who is going to have her own room for the entire trip. I was going to stay where my family is in Deluxe resorts but just figured out that I could just stay in Value resorts and be able to have extra budgeted money to spend.
Questions: does anyone know if I would be able to go to the pools at WL and/or BC with my family? I know that they are getting a Cabana at BC one day.
I have stayed in Pop in the past and was thinking that is where I would want to stay this time. Not familiar with the Skyliner at all; would Pop still be my best bet?
TIA

Questions: does anyone know if I would be able to go to the pools at WL and/or BC with my family? I know that they are getting a Cabana at BC one day.
I do not think you’ll be able to go to the BC pool. When we stayed there, they scanned your magic band or app at the entrance to verify that you were staying at the hotel and then gave you a wristband.

WL might be easier to do because I don’t remember any sort of scan. I do think you had to scan your magic band to get into the pool but I haven’t stayed there in a few years. But definitely did for BC

Update and some questions: (I'm sure I would find the answers if I search around but I don't have a lot of time before we have to book)
I will be the single G'Mother who is going to have her own room for the entire trip. I was going to stay where my family is in Deluxe resorts but just figured out that I could just stay in Value resorts and be able to have extra budgeted money to spend.
I have stayed in Pop in the past and was thinking that is where I would want to stay this time. Not familiar with the Skyliner at all; would Pop still be my best bet?
TIA

At Pop, you can take the Skyliner to Epcot and walk to Yacht Club. That would probably be your quickest way over to them. As far as the pool goes, I believe since their pool is so amazing, they usually require proof of being a resort guest, but if you walked in with your family, you might be ok. I just wouldn’t count on it.

At Pop, you can take the Skyliner to Epcot and walk to Yacht Club. That would probably be your quickest way over to them. As far as the pool goes, I believe since their pool is so amazing, they usually require proof of being a resort guest, but if you walked in with your family, you might be ok. I just wouldn’t count on it.
They check how many people are in each room and give bracelets based off of that

I do not think you’ll be able to go to the BC pool. When we stayed there, they scanned your magic band or app at the entrance to verify that you were staying at the hotel and then gave you a wristband.

WL might be easier to do because I don’t remember any sort of scan. I do think you had to scan your magic band to get into the pool but I haven’t stayed there in a few years. But definitely did for BC
I decided to stay at YC so no issues now. Thank you

They check how many people are in each room and give bracelets based off of t
They check how many people are in each room and give bracelets based off of that
I have decided to rent a car just in case. The Skyliner is all new to me this time. Thank you

What type of dining is everyone looking to book? Our daughter will be 7 and is still into some character meals.

What type of dining is everyone looking to book? Our daughter will be 7 and is still into some character meals.
I miss those days! My girls are all grown now (18, 20 & 22), but they still love Disney! I keep thinking "this will be our last family vacation" but they find a way to join us each time and I love it. :lovestruc This year, my eldest DD's BF will be joining us, and he's never been, so it'll be fun to introduce a newbie. I floated the idea of Chef Mickey's so he could meet all the characters, but none of us enjoy the food much so we decided pass on that. Then just recently I know Garden Grill reopened for breakfast, so THAT is my plan to get the BF to meet Mickey. :thumbsup2 Fingers crossed we can get it. Otherwise, we're hoping for Via Napoli (my DH's pick), Woody's BBQ (to try a new one), Skipper's Canteen (DD#2 hasn't been), and Yak & Yeti (we've been once and enjoyed it, so want to try again). F&W will start half-way through our trip, so we'll plan at least one afternoon/evening for sampling from the booths, too.

DS wants to try Woody's BBQ. He also wants to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe for French toast and he always insists on Ohana on our last day for breakfast. Other than those places we have not really decided. I have tried looking at menus but so far nothing is standing out.

Reactions: rlk
DS wants to try Woody's BBQ. He also wants to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe for French toast and he always insists on Ohana on our last day for breakfast. Other than those places we have not really decided. I have tried looking at menus but so far nothing is standing out.
I was going to do Crystal Palace, but then they got rid of the puffed French toast 😩.

We will do Topolino’s again, try Tusker house lunch this time (we did breakfast last time), spice road table, and I wanted to try Bluezoo. I also want to get a fireworks dessert party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter