***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Thanks for this thread planing for july so i want to visit so many historical places in india.....!!! This is very amazing trip of my life.

Leaving for the airport in 5 hours. I'm at work right now trying to finish some things up and then I need to go home and finish packing/getting stuff together there. All little things.

I was thinking of going hands free, to avoid the long check in lines but....since I'm concerned about the heat I've decided to get the Express Bus Pass and bring a bag to carry a rain jacket, umbrella, cooling cloth and sun screen. I think it's a better plan for me since I do not do well in the heat. And congrats to all those leaving in a few days! Oh, and I was able to change my Ohana' reservation to another day...this late in the game...how lucky was that!

We have been here since Saturday and it has not been as crowded as I expected it to be. We went to MK on Sunday morning and the bag check times for the resort buses had very short lines. I love the new bag check system at MK with separate lines for resort buses. The lines are much shorter now.

We were at Hollywood Studios last night and once again, not too bad. We entered Epcot this morning through the International Gateway around 9:20 this morning and there was almost no one there. Epcot did get busy later in the morning, though.

The Pixar Live concert at Hollywood Studios was really enjoyable. And the new Pixar film shorts at Epcot were very cute. It is nice to see new things when we come here. :)

The weather is really hot and humid. We didn't get any rain yesterday, but it did rain Saturday and supposed to rain this afternoon.

We have been here since Saturday and it has not been as crowded as I expected it to be. We went to MK on Sunday morning and the bag check times for the resort buses had very short lines. I love the new bag check system at MK with separate lines for resort buses. The lines are much shorter now.

Great news all around!! I have heard from multiple sources that the crowds are nothing compared to summers of yore. And I'm honestly very excited for the new MK security set up. I absolutely loved the opening show, but having people filter down Main Street just seems so much more practical!

I've gotten to the point where I'm storing specific clothing items that I want to keep fresh for Disney in my guest room! I don't want to do any emergency loads of laundry, so I want to preserve the things I know I want to wear!

We were at Hollywood Studios last night and once again, not too bad. We entered Epcot this morning through the International Gateway around 9:20 this morning and there was almost no one there. Epcot did get busy later in the morning, though.

The Pixar Live concert at Hollywood Studios was really enjoyable. And the new Pixar film shorts at Epcot were very cute. It is nice to see new things when we come here. :)

The weather is really hot and humid. We didn't get any rain yesterday, but it did rain Saturday and supposed to rain this afternoon.

I am SO glad it's not as busy! We've been worried about that. This is the 1st time I've planned a summer trip. But it was the only time we could do it.

We'll be at WL next week! It's DD's bff's first trip in 8 years (both are 15 and all she remembers is Splash Mountain!), so we will get to see the magic through new eyes again! So exciting!!

Today's the day!! We are leaving in a half hour. Tonight we're eating at Narcoossees to watch the 4th fireworks! So excited!!
Happy to hear about the crowds... we'll see. This is our 5th time going in July.
Happy travels to everyone leaving soon.
We watched the fireworks from Grand Floridian last night. We were in front of Gasparillas and had a good view. But I think that the area by Narcoossee would be better. It was a wonderful display. We are glad we decided to eat dinner at Citricos that night. :)

We watched the fireworks from Grand Floridian last night. We were in front of Gasparillas and had a good view. But I think that the area by Narcoossee would be better. It was a wonderful display. We are glad we decided to eat dinner at Citricos that night. :)
The Gasparilla patio is a little more to the left and further away. I agree, both are nice, but the dock/Narcoossee's wins! My last stay at the Grand was in Conch Key. I can't wait to return there in October!

We are going back 7/30-8/2! This is really a continuation of our last trip the week before Memorial Day. We went to MK and Epcot on that trip (which was very special because it rekindled my Disney flame!). This time, we'll go to DHS and AK (our first time at AK) and we'll be staying at the All Star Music Resort! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Itit
They were great! The service at narcoossees wasn't the best we've had but the food was excellent. The regular fireworks are definitely better from the deck, but bc of where they are setting them off on the 4th, I think the dock would've been better. The roof of the deck partly hid the ones going off from the island in Bay Lake.
It was still a great night!

We are off to HS tonight. Just to give everyone a heads up that has never been in the summer before, It has been in the 90s with feel like temperatures of 100 and thunderstorms possibly in the afternoon.. That's pretty much standard for July. The weather forecast doesn't really change. Drink lots of water and stay cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter