***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

This trip is going to end up killing me in the end if things don't stop changing! Aahhh!!! My DS's Little League All Star team has made the state tournament (which is what we thought they would and family and friends were going to help out) but DS is devastated that we won't be there and as a mom that just breaks my heart, so what to do other than switch our anniversary trip to a week later, so instead of our July trip now we are going August 1-8. Hope everyone has a great July trip and we will be down (hopefully!) at the beginning of August!

You're a good mom!

We got back late Saturday night. We had a great trip. It was our first summer trip and we felt that the crowds weren't bad at all. They seemed lighter than our last trip. Wait times weren't bad. The usual rides like 7dmt and Frozen had long waits but don't they always? It did seem like rides were going down a lot. Not sure if we just had bad luck and happened to be going to the ride when it went down or if it's more common in the summer. They did all eventually get back up. It was more of an annoyance because we never seemed to find out until we walked all the way over to that particular ride. It wasn't due to rain because the rain never hit while we were in a park. I guess I didn't need the 20 ponchos that I packed. We toured the parks early so we didn't get to see any of the night shows besides the Star Wars fireworks.

Of course it was HOT but it wasn't unbearable. We had cooling towels for the kids and tried to take water and shade breaks when we could. The kids loved hanging at the pool and we should of spent more time there. But we always get caught up in park touring.

We're booked for November for a longer trip and are looking to book Memorial Day weekend 2018. Got to use up our Annual Passes!

It did seem like rides were going down a lot. Not sure if we just had bad luck and happened to be going to the ride when it went down or if it's more common in the summer. They did all eventually get back up. It was more of an annoyance because we never seemed to find out until we walked all the way over to that particular ride. It wasn't due to rain because the rain never hit while we were in a park.

That's so funny; I was re-reading an old trip report of mine and had totally forgotten about one trip where every time we tried to ride Splash, it was down. Just reading about it brought back those feelings of irritation haha. I don't know if that's a summer thing or what?!

Loving all of these lower crowd reports!

Literally booked my trip yesterday. I figured I have 40 days left on my AP, had jetblue points for a round trip flight... and scored a great deal on Pop for 3 nights. Going July 24th to 27th, solo! This might be the shortest countdown ive ever had, i think ive only once booked 28 days out. This time i booked 15 days out!

Let the pre trip drama begin. Six days till Disney, four days till the road trip begins, and my poor DH is as sick :sick: as a dog with some nasty respiratory bug. I am on 24/7 Lysol patrol. Hopefully he'll feel better once the meds kick in. Praying the rest of the family escapes the bug.

That's so funny; I was re-reading an old trip report of mine and had totally forgotten about one trip where every time we tried to ride Splash, it was down. Just reading about it brought back those feelings of irritation haha. I don't know if that's a summer thing or what?!

Loving all of these lower crowd reports!

That's funny because Splash was one of the rides that was down and we were so annoyed. We rope dropped it and got all the way over there to be told it was going to be down for at least 30 minutes or more so we decided to walk all the way over to Buzz because I had a fp setup but that ended up going down too. lol It was our last day and everyone was pretty warn out. Buzz was a last minute fp addition so it wasn't the best touring decision with all the walking. I finally decided to just get on Winnie the Pooh to cut the tension. Then everything was fine. I'll make sure to get 2 fp for Splash for November. It was my dd4's favorite ride. Well that and 7dmt but I knew she loved that. She wasn't crazy about Splash last year.

Let the pre trip drama begin. Six days till Disney, four days till the road trip begins, and my poor DH is as sick :sick: as a dog with some nasty respiratory bug. I am on 24/7 Lysol patrol. Hopefully he'll feel better once the meds kick in. Praying the rest of the family escapes the bug.

Oh no! I hope he feels better. My dd was sick days before our November trip last year and was magically better once we got to Disney.

That's funny because Splash was one of the rides that was down and we were so annoyed. We rope dropped it and got all the way over there to be told it was going to be down for at least 30 minutes or more so we decided to walk all the way over to Buzz because I had a fp setup but that ended up going down too. lol It was our last day and everyone was pretty warn out. Buzz was a last minute fp addition so it wasn't the best touring decision with all the walking. I finally decided to just get on Winnie the Pooh to cut the tension. Then everything was fine. I'll make sure to get 2 fp for Splash for November. It was my dd4's favorite ride. Well that and 7dmt but I knew she loved that. She wasn't crazy about Splash last year.

Oh no! I hope he feels better. My dd was sick days before our November trip last year and was magically better once we got to Disney.

Thanks. Hoping for a little magic ourselves! pixiedust:

We are home from our 2 week trip - The crowds were certainly less than in summers past - the only days were I felt the crowds were realy July 2-4. Other than that it was noticeably less crowded.

We had a tornado warning issued during HEA our last night - they started them a bit early and the storm ended up skirting around MK - it was a crazy site to see those clouds and lightning! We had rain almost every day - but only one storm that was downright scary! We were in the Poly lounge when a lightning strike hit the top of the longhouse and traveled through the speaker system - it blew out many of the speakers int hat area - visibility went from 100% to almost nothing pretty quickly - with the lake and resorts surrounding Poly disappearing - it was a bad thunderstorm that lasted at least 90 minutes.
wow...scary!

I think issues with the rides going down often seems to be a summer thing. It seems it happens more often in July.
I also noticed this year that I have gotten bitten by mosquitos more. We have been coming in the summer for quite a few years and I don't ever remember getting bitten by mosquitoes. It was just part of the Disney magic. I know Disney uses pest control in the parks, so wondering if the mosquitoes are just worse this year or Disney isn't using the pest control anymore (which sounds silly since the Zika virus worry). Did anyone else notice this?
FYI There is insect repellent all around the parks if you don't have any in your room.

I was a little disappointed in Happily Ever After. I miss the "story" for Wishes. It is an amazing show but too many things going on at once. Don't want to give too much away for people who haven't seen it yet.

I think issues with the rides going down often seems to be a summer thing. It seems it happens more often in July.
I also noticed this year that I have gotten bitten by mosquitos more. We have been coming in the summer for quite a few years and I don't ever remember getting bitten by mosquitoes. It was just part of the Disney magic. I know Disney uses pest control in the parks, so wondering if the mosquitoes are just worse this year or Disney isn't using the pest control anymore (which sounds silly since the Zika virus worry). Did anyone else notice this?
FYI There is insect repellent all around the parks if you don't have any in your room.

I was a little disappointed in Happily Ever After. I miss the "story" for Wishes. It is an amazing show but too many things going on at once. Don't want to give too much away for people who haven't seen it yet.
Wow...I've never experienced insects there. Never have used bug dope. I would be interested in hearing if other folks have experienced bugs?

I expected to get bit up by bugs because I'm a mosquito magnet but I didn't get bit at all. We didn't make it to HEA. The only night show we made it to was Star Wars. I liked it but I think I had it all hyped up in my head so it didn't blow me away. We want to see Illuminations and HEA during our November trip.

What is the Star Wars night show?

Is a projections and fireworks show. Shows clips from the movies against the Great Movie Ride building. Don't get me wrong, it was cool and I'm glad we saw it but my family prefers the Fantasmic show at HS.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm all booked and ready to go on my first ever DW vacation in July! :banana:

Who else is going???? Let's plan and chat together!
:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

Let me know if you'd like to be added to the roll call below.

Roll Call

6/24 - 7/8 Ferrentinos BC-CL/Poly-CL
6/25 - 7/3 patclairesmom
6/27 - 7/5
ammama POFQ
6/27 - 7/9 Mackenzie McCarthy Pop
6/28 - 7/9 DisneyFamily17 SSR
6/29 - 7/6 hilaryjudsong WL
6/29 - 7/11 strmtrooper96 CSR
6/30 - 7/6 LisaCM614 BLT/BWV
6/30 - 7/8 dpswift POR/Poly
6/30 - 7/8 Chasesmom Disney/Universal
6/30 - 7/16 Klayfish
7/1 - 7/5
Wood Nymph BC
7/1 - 7/7 LvsTnk Poly
7/1 - 7/8 Avarella Poly-CL
7/1 - 7/8 Dom Poly
7/1 - 7/8 zebrastreyepz Pop
7/1 - 7/10 Dismamx2 POFQ
7/3 - 7/8 dnllmz CSR
7/3 - 7/13 DVC Jen Boulder Ridge
7/4 - 7/9 Eddie512 Poly DVC
7/4 - 7/18 ddluvsdisney Offsite
7/6 - 7/8 Mainemama YC
7/6 - 7/13 Zippa D Doodah Pop
7/7 - 7/11 ShyMiss Pop
7/8 - 7/16 katsmom4 BWV
7/8 - 7/17 The Fox Menagerie BC/The Dream/GF
7/9 - 7/14 KarinKaye POFQ
7/9 - 7/15 armomof3lvsdisney AllStar Movies
7/9 - 7/16 WDW_Paul SSR
7/9 - 7/17 lauralarissa DVC Boulder Ridge WL
7/10 - 7/12 DoctorWhoGirl POR
7/10 - 7/16 Mermaid@Heart82 AofA
7/10 - 7/24 vyrg YC
7/11 - 7-13 sarahruthtoday POFQ
7/11 - 7/18 debjk4 Pop
7/11 - 7/19 TISHLOVESDISNEY Loews/BC/Poly/AKKV
7/13 - 7/31 KSL Poly DVC/BWV DVC/Homewood Suites by CruisePort/DisneyDream/BLT DVC
7/14 - 7/21 Newcastle Poly
7/14 - 7/22 KNJWDW Poly
7/15 - 7/21 Aumom Pop
7/15 - 7/21 TinkHappy BWV
7/15 - 7/22 DaisyMom09 Swan
7/15 - 7/24 katybugsmom Pop
7/15 - 7/29 SaharanTea Sports
7/16 - 7/22 FrancoFun POR
7/16 - 7/22 SaraSpringIsHome BWV
7/16 - 7/22 Matoskah Poodle Fort Wilderness
7/16 - 7/23 1911 POR
7/16 - 7/25 LMDisneygirl Pop
7/16 - 7/26 capegirl Shades of Green
7/19 - 7/25 will5mom Poly
7/20 - 7/25 C.C. Langley CBR
7/20 - 7/25 klacey1 BC
7/21 - 7/28 ThistleMae
7/21 - 8/08
peace_all POR/BWV/BLT/LRP/BCP/Poly
7/22 - 7/27 Mainemama Poly
7/22 - 7/28 Partysaurus Rex WL
7/22 - 7/30 Tootles75 POR/Swan
7/23 - 7/29 Dizn3y Dad Pop
7/23 - 7/30 tofubeast BWV
7/24 - 7/27 IvyWinter Pop
7/24 - 7/29 pepe.depew Contemporary
7/26 snowhyte ASMu
7/26 - 8/1 LaurenT AKL Kidani
7/27 - 8/2 disneybree Sports
7/27 - 8/3 Christinaxo BC
7/27 - 8/4 Vaninou POR
7/30 - 8/2 creamcityleo79 ASM

Let me know if any updates need to be made.

I got several mosquito bites during our 4th of July trip. I think it may have happened while we watched the 3rd of July fireworks at the Grand Floridian and the 4th of July fireworks at Epcot. Or it may have happened while hanging around the pool. I never felt them bite me, though.

We saw the groundskeeper at the Beach Club spraying the bushes for mosquitoes.

I got several mosquito bites during our 4th of July trip. I think it may have happened while we watched the 3rd of July fireworks at the Grand Floridian and the 4th of July fireworks at Epcot. Or it may have happened while hanging around the pool. I never felt them bite me, though.

We saw the groundskeeper at the Beach Club spraying the bushes for mosquitoes.
Well I'm glad they're still spraying. I'm thinking they are just a lot worse this year than in the past.

10 days and my cute little jansport came in so i can carry everything i need without feeling like im carrying too much. Can't wait!

One week to go....the packing is getting more real. Monday is the official packday...this weekend is cleaning and disposing of perishable foods in the fridge, plus I still have to eat, so planning exactly what I need is this weeks challenge. And I'm so happy I have this challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!