*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! I think this was my reservation that I cancelled over the weekend. I posted it on the July ADR cancellation board. We were able to get a little later reeservation on 7/4. I'm glad someone on the disboards was able to scoop it up. Enjoy!

I did not see you on our resort list on page 115 - would you like to add your dates and resort info and I can put it on the list, also Nikki has a list of everyone's ADRs if you would like to list dates,times and restaurants. It is always fun to see who will be where you are.

Yeah! I think this was my reservation that I cancelled over the weekend. I posted it on the July ADR cancellation board. We were able to get a little later reeservation on 7/4. I'm glad someone on the disboards was able to scoop it up. Enjoy!

I picked it up Sunday around 1:30. I had been checking hour by hour starting at 4pm and by the time i checked the 9 pm slot I was giving up hope. But putting in the 9pm time it gave me the 5:30 reservation (and I was well past checking 5 and 5:30).

What time were you able to change to?

We'll be at POP over the 4th of July weekend. Where can I find the info about the fireworks at the different parks?

:hippie:

Have you tried the calendar on the Disney website? All Ears also usually will publish info about the fireworks too. I have not seen anything yet, but I would think the info would be available soon.

We'll be at POP over the 4th of July weekend. Where can I find the info about the fireworks at the different parks?

:hippie:

Everything is already posted on WDW website. MK has specical July 4th fireworks on 7/3 and 7/4 at 9pm. Epcot has them 7/4 at 10pm. HS 7/4 10p.

I picked it up Sunday around 1:30. I had been checking hour by hour starting at 4pm and by the time i checked the 9 pm slot I was giving up hope. But putting in the 9pm time it gave me the 5:30 reservation (and I was well past checking 5 and 5:30).

What time were you able to change to?

I was able to get a 5:50pm reservation. I know it's not much later, but good enough. Maybe we'll see you there. Planning on catching the 10pm fireworks

Made another reservation last night. We are eating at The Garden Grill on July 13th at 4:20PM :)
only 38 more days!

No but we are thrilled to be back at CR. The last time we stayed was 2002 with the old decor. The last 3 summers we have stayed at the Poly. Can't wait to stay at the CR again :cool1:

Hope you have a wonderful trip pixiedust:

We have stayed there last year, and are going back this year. It's great!

we leave in 33 days!!!!!! holy it is coming up fast !!:goodvibes

I have a bag in my closet I have been stashing stuff as I bought it - goodies and things for the kids for the plane and such. I should go thru it and see what I have acumilated - I may need to by bigger knap sacks for the kids....:rotfl2:

Still thinking about Ridemax - to do or not to do... any opinions? :confused3

i feel like we're in florida already. we're in the middle of a 5 day Heat Advisery.

it's 3 weeks early this year. spend the last 4 days cleaning up the back yeard and swimming in sweat. gross i know but it totally feels like our trip last may -

ohhhhhhhhh i'm going to die in july

Made another reservation last night. We are eating at The Garden Grill on July 13th at 4:20PM :)
only 38 more days!

Hey kelz, looks like our trips are gonna overlap. We'll be at POP Century July 2-5.

For those of you worried about the July heat, we are also going to WDW this coming weekend for Memorial Day, May 28-31. Since we already live in Florida, I know it is going to be rough going in May. I hate to think about July. :eek:

I finally finished booking my trip today. With a few minor changes. I couldn't get a good price on airfare for my original trip dates so my trip dates changed to July 21-27th. I ended up getting a really good price on airfare, and we arrive in Orlando at 9:00 am and leave at 8:45 pm!

Instead of staying at the Polynesian, we are headed to the Beach Club (our favorite) for the first 4 nights, then we are off to Bay Lake Towers for the last two!

i feel like we're in florida already. we're in the middle of a 5 day Heat Advisory.

I know I can't believe how hot it is already!

we leave in 33 days!!!!!! holy it is coming up fast !!:goodvibes

I have a bag in my closet I have been stashing stuff as I bought it - goodies and things for the kids for the plane and such. I should go thru it and see what I have acumilated - I may need to by bigger knap sacks for the kids....:rotfl2:

I purchased Ridemax last week for our 4th of July trip. The planning for July opened on Sunday and I have had a lot of fun playing with the program. I have created a few plans for the first two days and still need to work on the rest of the week. I have never used this program before but have read lots of positives. Can't wait to put my plans into action.
Debbie

If you do, I'd love to hear about it!

I purchased Ridemax last week for our 4th of July trip. The planning for July opened on Sunday and I have had a lot of fun playing with the program. I have created a few plans for the first two days and still need to work on the rest of the week. I have never used this program before but have read lots of positives. Can't wait to put my plans into action.
Debbie

Hi, Debbie! Can you give me a brief summary of what this is and what you expect to get from it? I'm familiar with TGM and UG but not this one, but I assume it's similar??

Thx:goodvibes

I learned about Ridemax from this forum. There is a thread devoted to it, of course, with FAQ. You purchase it close to when you leave because the cheapest subscription is only good for 90 days. You then put in your exact date and time you will be in the park, the attractions you want to see, breaks/meals you are planning, etc... Then it develops a touring plan for you that is suppose to minimize wait times. If you use fastpass that is also incorporated into the plan. I just love playing with the program and seeing how much I can do and it in the different orders - it is a little addicting. When it gives me a plan I then copy and paste it in a word document. I also just learned that it is best to finalize your plans right before you go so that the most current and up to date information is used. That's all I know...like I posted earlier, not sure if it works but most reviews have been positive. Traveling during 4th of July will be a good test!
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Oh I forgot to mention that I have subscriptions to both UG and TGM...yeah I am a little planned obsessed! :lmao:
Debbie

I told myself I wouldn't change my resort like I do every year, :rolleyes1 and of course I did. We will now be at BWV July 21-29. As for our ADR's well since we opted for DxDP this year, yes too much food, however some days the DDP wasn't enough for us and some days just enough, nice to have everything paid for ahead of time.

July 21 Hoop Dee Doo 2130
July 22 Wolfgang Puck 1330 Teppan Edo 2030
July 23 Cape May Cafe 0850 Sci-Fi 1330 The Wave 1930
July 24 Tusker House 0930 Yak and Yeti 1430 San Angel Inn 2030
July 25 Princess Storybook 0830 Rose and Crown 1200 Le Cellier 1820
July 26 Playhouse Disney 0805 Mama Melrose 1330 Raglan Road 2000
July 27 Tony's Town Square 1140 Biergarten 1930
July 28 Capn Jacks 1255 'Ohana 1820
July 29 Crystal Palace 1020 Garden Grill 1735

I learned about Ridemax from this forum. There is a thread devoted to it, of course, with FAQ. You purchase it close to when you leave because the cheapest subscription is only good for 90 days. You then put in your exact date and time you will be in the park, the attractions you want to see, breaks/meals you are planning, etc... Then it develops a touring plan for you that is suppose to minimize wait times. If you use fastpass that is also incorporated into the plan. I just love playing with the program and seeing how much I can do and it in the different orders - it is a little addicting. When it gives me a plan I then copy and paste it in a word document. I also just learned that it is best to finalize your plans right before you go so that the most current and up to date information is used. That's all I know...like I posted earlier, not sure if it works but most reviews have been positive. Traveling during 4th of July will be a good test!
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Oh I forgot to mention that I have subscriptions to both UG and TGM...yeah I am a little planned obsessed! :lmao:
Debbie

Thanks for that info! Wow, you have subs to both UG and TGM .. which do you like better?

I used to do my own plans in the past but this trip we are so up in the air about what we'll actually do, (due to two small children), that we are just going with our top two rides for each park and concentrating on them.

The Ride max thing sounds more interesting to me, since it allows you to customize to your preferences and sounds like it does the work for you, putting it all together.

Please report back if you use it. I'll have to go check out the thread, too, sometime.:goodvibes

I told myself I wouldn't change my resort like I do every year, :rolleyes1 and of course I did. We will now be at BWV July 21-29. As for our ADR's well since we opted for DxDP this year, yes too much food, however some days the DDP wasn't enough for us and some days just enough, nice to have everything paid for ahead of time.

Ok! You're ADRs are added! :thumbsup2

I finally finished booking my trip today. With a few minor changes. I couldn't get a good price on airfare for my original trip dates so my trip dates changed to July 21-27th. I ended up getting a really good price on airfare, and we arrive in Orlando at 9:00 am and leave at 8:45 pm!

Instead of staying at the Polynesian, we are headed to the Beach Club (our favorite) for the first 4 nights, then we are off to Bay Lake Towers for the last two!

I know I can't believe how hot it is already!

You are both fixed up on the resort list on page 115!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter