*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very excited for the breakfast there! It's not an EMH-morning. I made sure of that! I wouldn't want to waste the first hour the park is open by sitting in a restaurant!

Here are our modified ADRs:

July 19th: Dinner at Sanaa 5:45 PM
July 20th: Dinner at Captain's Grille 5:30 PM
July 21st: Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8:05 AM; dinner at Kona Cafe 5:35 PM (I canceled the lunch at Plaza because we think it would be way too much food since we're now doing the breakfast)

Thanks again, sorry for being a pain in the neck about my ADRs...I am truly obsessed!! :lmao:

You will be having both breakfast and dinner with katiebell on the 21st!

It's no problem at all. I totally understand the need to make changes. I made a few ADR changes myself last night... :rolleyes1

See you there bangzoom! These are both new restaurants to me!

Oh and I just bought a ton of stuff (JCP, Gymboree and Land's End) for our trip ... and for summer, too.:rotfl2:

We're going to try Land's End Water shoes and Trekker shoes. I normally do Crocs but they can slide off on the "wild" rides and slides...so we'll see how these do. I'm concerned they won't be as comfortable as my Crocs. I :love: Crocs!!

:goodvibes Hi everybody,

Just wanted to add myself to the July club. This is going to be a mother daughter(12) trip from July 8th thru the 13th and we'll be staying at CBR!!! I am sooo excited and am impatiently waiting :lmao: I have all our clothes bought already, flip flops, goggles:rotfl2: seriously I am obsessed with planning. All I need to do is work on my ADR's and pack our suitcases. I am trying to figure out which days to do which parks still. I think we'll be starting with epcot since it has emh that night.

Here are my ADR's so far:

7/9- 12:45 sci fi diner

7/10 - 6pm rainforest cafe

Welcome!! I have added you to the list on page 67 - we stayed at CBR last summer. Very nice resort!!

Have you guys seen the buzz about the new line for Rock n Roller Coaster? It sounds kind of like a deli system. You get a number and hang out until your ride number is called. They have Guitar Hero and other games set up while you wait. It sounds really neat!!
The idea of actually riding the Rock n Roller Coaster is terrifying to me (though I've always wished I wasn't such a chicken because I LOVE Aerosmith), but I kind of want to get in line just to experience this new Queue Area O' Fun. Someone said something about a DJ, and it is impossible for me to resist a dance party. Seriously. It's in my blood or something. Whenever there is a dance party happening, I MUST join in and get down with my bad self.

So if anyone sees somebody dancing like this :banana: in the queue area this summer, it's probably me!

Hi everyone,

So soo far I have only made 2 ADR's 1 for sci-fi and 1 for rain forest cafe, any suggestions or a can't miss place I should check out?. My dd is kind of a picky eater. Has anyone ever eaten at shutters? It's the tb service restaurant at CBR.:surfweb: this is me now but replace my coffee with a glass of wine,lol. It's been a loooong day with my 4 dd's and crazy dh. Kiddies are all in bed watching shrek the third:)

Hi everyone,

So soo far I have only made 2 ADR's 1 for sci-fi and 1 for rain forest cafe, any suggestions or a can't miss place I should check out?. My dd is kind of a picky eater. Has anyone ever eaten at shutters? It's the tb service restaurant at CBR.:surfweb: this is me now but replace my coffee with a glass of wine,lol. It's been a loooong day with my 4 dd's and crazy dh. Kiddies are all in bed watching shrek the third:)

Have you looked at the menus on allears? They always help me when I'm trying to decide where to eat.

See you there bangzoom! These are both new restaurants to me!

I've been to Crystal Palace for dinner, but the breakfast will be a first for us! Kona is completely new for us! See you there!!!!

The idea of actually riding the Rock n Roller Coaster is terrifying to me (though I've always wished I wasn't such a chicken because I LOVE Aerosmith), but I kind of want to get in line just to experience this new Queue Area O' Fun. Someone said something about a DJ, and it is impossible for me to resist a dance party. Seriously. It's in my blood or something. Whenever there is a dance party happening, I MUST join in and get down with my bad self.

So if anyone sees somebody dancing like this :banana: in the queue area this summer, it's probably me!

I'm with you! Aerosmith is my all-time favorite band! I wish I had the guts to go on this ride, but Big Thunder is about as big as it gets for me! DH will probably go on it though, he's a big thrill seeker. If he could, he would probably spend the entire day riding Tower of Terror over and over again! :rotfl:

I may have to check out the queue as well!

I'm with you! Aerosmith is my all-time favorite band! I wish I had the guts to go on this ride, but Big Thunder is about as big as it gets for me! DH will probably go on it though, he's a big thrill seeker. If he could, he would probably spend the entire day riding Tower of Terror over and over again! :rotfl:

I am NOT a roller coaster fan, BUT I LOVE Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! You have to try it at least once!

Deb

I am NOT a roller coaster fan, BUT I LOVE Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! You have to try it at least once!

Deb

What don't you like about roller coasters? I don't like big drops (don't like that feeling I get in my stomach), and I am scared of going upside down. I am curious because I have heard many people say that this roller coaster is so smooth a ride that you don't even realize you are going upside down. Still don't think I will be trying it any time soon, but maybe when my boys are big enough to go on it, and if they want to go on, I might have to suck it up and try it.

Hi everyone,

I am watching Shrek the 3rd too!!

Have you looked at the menus on allears? They always help me when I'm trying to decide where to eat.

Same here - love All Ears, although sometimes the menus are not 100% accurate - so if there is only one thing on the menu you like or want you could be disappointed. We noticed at spring break the Salmon BLT at La Cellier is no longer on the menu but it is still listed at All Ears. Just a word of caution, make sure there are multiple things that sound good - or you like the type of cuisine. This is the first time that has happened to us.

I've been to Crystal Palace for dinner, but the breakfast will be a first for us! Kona is completely new for us! See you there!!!!

LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast - it is our favorite so far!!

What don't you like about roller coasters? I don't like big drops (don't like that feeling I get in my stomach), and I am scared of going upside down. I am curious because I have heard many people say that this roller coaster is so smooth a ride that you don't even realize you are going upside down. Still don't think I will be trying it any time soon, but maybe when my boys are big enough to go on it, and if they want to go on, I might have to suck it up and try it.

The scariest thing about RnR coaster is the 0-60 launch. It does take your breath away. You need to take a deep break as they are doing the count down. It is in the dark, so you do not really notice the loops. Unfortunately, I had some heart problems a few years ago, so this one is off limits for me now but it is really a fun ride!!!

Have you guys seen the buzz about the new line for Rock n Roller Coaster? It sounds kind of like a deli system. You get a number and hang out until your ride number is called. They have Guitar Hero and other games set up while you wait. It sounds really neat!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439712

That sounds similar to the plan for the new dual Dumbo ride in the Fantasyland expansion. I wonder how well it works. My kids often do single rider or Fast Pass RnR Coaster - but I am sure they would love the interactive queue - I wonder when they started it.

BTW - I LOVE your countdown ticker!!

The scariest thing about RnR coaster is the 0-60 launch. It does take your breath away. You need to take a deep break as they are doing the count down. It is in the dark, so you do not really notice the loops. Unfortunately, I had some heart problems a few years ago, so this one is off limits for me now but it is really a fun ride!!!
So you don't think the upside down parts are terrible? That's my biggest fear about the ride. I LOVE speed, so I feel like the launch would be really fun, and I can handle moderate drops, but I'm not too keen on the whole going upside down thing.

So you don't think the upside down parts are terrible? That's my biggest fear about the ride. I LOVE speed, so I feel like the launch would be really fun, and I can handle moderate drops, but I'm not too keen on the whole going upside down thing.

Oh the upside down part is nothing! Really, it seems scary but it's really not, just fun. I remember when I went on my FIRST upside down coaster (Seaside, NJ! before it was filled with the likes of the Jersey Shore cast) and I was freaking out and was shocked at how "nothing" it was. It's just fun, really. If anything, the drops on rides are the scary parts. RnRC just goes fast.

I agree - you are through the loops so fast you don't even notice - and it is in the dark so that helps too! My first upside down coaster was at Cedar Point in Ohio - the Corkscrew.

I don't like to go upside down, but don't mind it on RnR:confused3. The ride is super smooth. I will ride all rides except tea cups at least once each trip with my DH and DDs. I didn't like SM- my dad made me do it as a kid, so I clearly didn't like coasters then. This time, I hated it because I pushed legs against the sides to try to feel like I would stay in. Ouch! I will try it again in July, though. I went on EE - YIKES. The drop was awful. I was afraid I would fly out. (I think that is what I don't like - feeling like I will fly out. Lap bars bother me. Over the head not so bad...) I asked my husband if we went upside down in EE...it felt like it.)

We hit MK RD once -- it was really cute with all the characters and the train. And, man, did we get a lot of stuff done that morning! Esp in Fantasyland. It was great.

I'm not sure what we're going to do in July. Getting my family ready to take my DD4 to preschool at 9am is like pulling teeth! And of course, they fall asleep at 8 or 9pm...

I guess I just need to chill a lot this trip...they won't be this young forever!

You are so right! I really hope to hit MK RD that first day - but I'm going to try not to stress about it - just go with the flow! Nothing will ruin our vacation quicker than if I get my panties in a bunch... :rotfl:

Oh the upside down part is nothing! Really, it seems scary but it's really not, just fun. I remember when I went on my FIRST upside down coaster (Seaside, NJ! before it was filled with the likes of the Jersey Shore cast) and I was freaking out and was shocked at how "nothing" it was. It's just fun, really. If anything, the drops on rides are the scary parts. RnRC just goes fast.
Oh, I'm sure that life was so much more simple before Snooki and the Situation took over. :laughing: I can only imagine what Seaside will be like this summer...Probably overrun with college kids making a Jersey Shore pilgrimage.

I agree - you are through the loops so fast you don't even notice - and it is in the dark so that helps too! My first upside down coaster was at Cedar Point in Ohio - the Corkscrew.
I love Cedar Point. Or well, I used to. It was a staple of my childhood. The Iron Dragon was my first real roller coaster. But now, since I don't go on any of the ridiculously insane roller coasters, it's kind of a waste of money. I'd rather save my money for Disney. ;) But my sister and her friends get season passes and go, like, every weekend in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter