*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

We booked yesterday for a January trip. We weren't going to go in 2017 - so much for that! We're going end of January/early Feb. Hope the weather isn't too cool, but anything will be warmer than central NY. We've always done at least one pool day and many pool afternoon - ideas for 'low key' or 'quiet' activities if it's too cold for the pool?

We booked yesterday for a January trip. We weren't going to go in 2017 - so much for that! We're going end of January/early Feb. Hope the weather isn't too cool, but anything will be warmer than central NY. We've always done at least one pool day and many pool afternoon - ideas for 'low key' or 'quiet' activities if it's too cold for the pool?
For this New England family, it was not too cold to swim, pools are supposed to be headed (not sure if POP was when we went this year, felt REALLY cold). As for low key activities, I always want to try playing MiniGolf and I want to take a trip to check out Tri-Circle-D, their horse stable (since I am a horse farm manager in my real non-Disney life).

Weather is really unpredictable. The pools are heated. We were able to swim during our January trip in 2015, but not when we were there the first week of March this year! Go figure!

Pack the bathing suit, just in case it's warm enough to go!

January 17-27 at Animal Kingdom Kidani for the hubby and I. It's our second time going in January and I'm looking forward to the cooler temps! We only just booked so I have to scramble around to get some ADR's soon.

Last edited:
Just requested to join the fb group! We are going January 27- Feb 3rd for our second trip. Our first trip was Nov 2014. Hoping we have a little warmth bc the kids love to swim!

January 17-27 at Animal Kingdom Kidani for the hubby and I. It's our second time going in January and I'm looking forward to the cooler temps! We only just booked so I have to scramble around to get some ADR's soon.
There's still plenty availability, pixie dust u get everything you want!!

Our trip is the 16-23 so only almost exactly the same #of days out and I'm STILL making ADR's and switching them around with no problems!
Hope you get everything you are looking for!!!!

Hi everyone. I just found this group and I'm so excited to fine someone as excited about planning as I am. DH is no help :) Our group included me, DH, DD (9), DS1, (7), DS2 (4). Never been to WDW/DCL but many DLR trips. We will be doing 1 day WDW (Dolphin), 4 day DCL, 4 day WDW (CBR) 1/1-1/10

Jan 1-Arrive on redeye from LA @6am. *fingers crossed, the kids sleep. Check into Dolphin, hope for early check-in (anything before 3) and hit HS for as much as the kids can handle, nap at hotel and finish up HS. Hope to FP+ TSM, ToT
Jan 2-6 DCL
Jan 6-Arrive CBR-spend day at AK, no set schedule or ADR's.
Jan 7-Epcot 8:15 ADR Ashkerhaus, hoping for FP+ for FEA, if not, we have our ADR and will hit that immediately.
Jan 8-MK 8:20 ADR CRT, hoping for 7DMT FP+
Jan 9-MK 1:30 ADR BOG, hit any rides we missed Day 1, prob get 7DMT FP+ again.
Jan 10-home ADR 10:30 Ohana

This is our plan as of now but you never know when changes need to be made (if I can score BOG Dinner ADR during any WDW stay, our plans blow-up). Our family is so excited to finally make it back east. DS2 asks everyday if it's time to go to Orlando yet.:mickeyjum

Oh and I just got added to the FB group.

There's still plenty availability, pixie dust u get everything you want!!

Our trip is the 16-23 so only almost exactly the same #of days out and I'm STILL making ADR's and switching them around with no problems!
Hope you get everything you are looking for!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I still haven't even started to decide what days we will be where yet. It's been pretty crazy around here lately and the only thing I've managed to do except our room reservation is book flights. I think I got a pretty good deal on them though. It was $375 round trip total for my husband and myself from Buffalo. We don't even have any stops which is a huge bonus! I am a little nervous about coming from the Toronto area in Canada to Buffalo in the winter but hopefully it won't be crazy weather. I remember the last time we went in January we had to wait an extra 40 minutes for takeoff for them to de-ice the plane.

Thanks for the encouragement! I still haven't even started to decide what days we will be where yet. It's been pretty crazy around here lately and the only thing I've managed to do except our room reservation is book flights. I think I got a pretty good deal on them though. It was $375 round trip total for my husband and myself from Buffalo. We don't even have any stops which is a huge bonus! I am a little nervous about coming from the Toronto area in Canada to Buffalo in the winter but hopefully it won't be crazy weather. I remember the last time we went in January we had to wait an extra 40 minutes for takeoff for them to de-ice the plane.

We have no idea where we are going each day either! I'm really hoping for a more finalized list of hours and EMH from Disney in the near future.
As long as the plane takes off eventually, I don't mind waiting!! We booked direct flight from Boston. Paid a little more than I wanted to, but I think it's worth it!!

Looks like on Friday 1/27 they added MH EMH in the am-I had a BOG pre park opening scheduled for 8 am that day, decided to cancel it since the EMH completely negated the reason for that breakfast! Gotta love changes, honestly I'm not that upset about it-it happens every year, I still have a CP PPO in another MK day and a BOG dinner as well

Hi everyone! I just found this thread :) Planning a trip Jan 17-24 staying at SSR for 26 people. Yes, I may have completely lost my mind! Glad to hear everyone's tips and tricks!
Have fun planning that one out-hopefully you won't be trying to keep that group together for the whole trip!!!

Is anyone renting a car for their trip? The cheapest I've been able to do for 10 days is $224 for a compact through Alamo. I'm hoping to get it down a lot lower! Does anyone know of any discount codes?

Is anyone renting a car for their trip? The cheapest I've been able to do for 10 days is $224 for a compact through Alamo. I'm hoping to get it down a lot lower! Does anyone know of any discount codes?
I haven't even started looking for our car rental yet, last time I booked my car rental when I purchased my airfare-used a discount code booking with southwest at same time as airfare-it was just about $110 for nine days for a midsize

I haven't even started looking for our car rental yet, last time I booked my car rental when I purchased my airfare-used a discount code booking with southwest at same time as airfare-it was just about $110 for nine days for a midsize

I should have done this when I purchased air fare too but I always forget to check. I've found some codes that work for my dates so I guess I'll have to just keep checking.

Noticed some hours changes for the first few days in January... seems they are closing MK a bit earlier. Sorry if it is old news. Also noticed that AK is now open until 7PM for the MLK week... not sure if the rest of the month has changed or not, but seems to suggest some type of evening activity in January.

Really hoping for some good deals to be announced soon. I would love to be able to save some money or get a cool upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter