• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official January 2015 Thread!!!

We leave town in 24 hours and fly in 48 hours!!!!!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More because I detest flying. lol The whole park thing I'm ok with, if our plans go out the window then so be it. It is what it is, and what you make of it. :)

I can't believe it's almost time. Tomorrow I'm going to get my nails done, going to Buffalo for some shopping and spending the night at the hotel across from the airport and then on Monday I will be flying back home. :) I haven't been home for 4 mths and am excited. I miss POP. I hope it's doesn't go by to fast because I have to wait until September to go back. :) I guess I better get packing, lol.

I hope everyone leaving in the next couple of days have a safe trip!!!

I may or may not have woken up at 4:30am this morning running around the house because I am excited out of my mind. We've been waiting to go back for three years and it's finally TOMORROW! And we're engaged! And it's going to be so much fun being engaged at the World!

Well we are back home now...Booo :sad1:!! We had a wonderful 7 nights/8 days at POFQ. The weather started out very nice, like in the 70's nice, but there was a storm system that rolled through during the wee hours of Saturday which made the temps stay in the lower to mid 60's throughout the rest of our vacation. This was still fine for us since where we are from Chicago where it was in the 30's with freezing cold snow/sleet/rain mix. As long as we all had our jeans and sweatshirts on we were fine, we found ourselves taking off our sweat shirts and tying them around our waists during the afternoon hours. We did run into a few guests from the New Jersey area that said that their flights had been cancelled because of a huge winter storm sweeping across their area so they all decided to tag on a few more days at WDW, I felt bad for them but I probably would of done the same thing if I were in their boat :goodvibes.

As for my girls trip with DD13 and DD11, it was really fun except that DH decided to surprise the girls on day 3 of our trip and come down for a long weekend (he had a long weekend off of work and wanted to get away from the cold), he really didn't interfere with our plans except he did spend 1 full day at DHS with us, a couple hours at Epcot with us to watch Illuminations, and had dinner at Kona Cafe when he first arrived. The rest of his trip he spent doing things by himself just exploring WDW outside of the parks. As for my kids, they got to experience many attractions that they had never experienced before (i.e. Country Bears Jamboree, Tiki Room, Liberty Bell River boat, and the show in the Land Pavilion that has Timon and Pumba...sorry forgot the name). Their favorite "New" attraction was Country Bears Jamboree...I too forgot how funny their puns were :goodvibes.

As for crowds, I don't know if I picked the wrong days to go to the parks or what, but every park we went to was packed, and yes I did check the different crowd calendars which they all predicted 2s and 3s :sad2:. There was one time where we had to wait 10 minutes just to get onto the TTA, and another time where we walked by IASW and there was a 30 minute wait. We of course made the best of it and utilized FP+ a lot, but everyone I talked to said that this time of year is one of the best because of the low crowds. I did see a ton of tour groups and cheer/dance/gymnastic groups in the parks so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

All in all we had a wonderful time and we were all sad that we had to return, however, we are already planning out our next trip which helped take the sting out of coming home :goodvibes.

Well we are back home now...Booo :sad1:!!

As for crowds, I don't know if I picked the wrong days to go to the parks or what, but every park we went to was packed, and yes I did check the different crowd calendars which they all predicted 2s and 3s :sad2:. There was one time where we had to wait 10 minutes just to get onto the TTA, and another time where we walked by IASW and there was a 30 minute wait. We of course made the best of it and utilized FP+ a lot, but everyone I talked to said that this time of year is one of the best because of the low crowds. I did see a ton of tour groups and cheer/dance/gymnastic groups in the parks so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

All in all we had a wonderful time and we were all sad that we had to return, however, we are already planning out our next trip which helped take the sting out of coming home :goodvibes.

I can second that. the weather was a little tricky while we were there (1/24-1/31...it would start at 40 and get up to mid 60's and then drop again), and the crowds seemed much higher than i anticipated.

if this was supposed to be a crowd level rank of 2 for most days, there's no way i would survive an 8 or 9. I pretty methodically went through feeds from undercover tourist and easywdw to pick our week and our days, and i felt like it was decent for most days for the parks i picked. saturday the 24th i knew would be busy with EMH (but it didn't feel like it was busy for a low volume time, it just felt packed). wednesday the 28th at MK wasn't too bad, but friday the 30th there was murder. you couldn't walk anywhere without large crowds, and the wait times were up. i saw the gymnast groups and some large foreign tourist groups, too. that was frustrating.

the days we did epcot and HS didn't feel too bad. germany is always crowded at epcot with all the beer flowing. but we went in september 2013 and that felt a lot less busy than this did. of course, it was also 100 degrees out then, too.

wondering if all the crowd prediction out there and all the planning required is starting to turn the tide. at some point when the references for low crowds get popular, then it will no longer be low crowds.

Hi everyone!!
We should all be back by now. If you are doing a trip report would you let us know. I have a trip report started for my trip 1/1-1/9. The link is in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter