Official January 2015 Thread!!!

Well I finished all of our packing at least for now :rotfl:. I also checked the 10 day forecast and it looks like there will be a 90% chance of rain on Friday 1/23 which is also the day that we are going to AK :eek:, so I decided to switch out our AK day and our rest/resort hop day because I do not want to be walking around a cold wet AK since pretty much everything is outside. The only thing that is different that we are doing is that instead of Tusker House breakfast, we are going there for lunch which we like just the same :goodvibes.

1/23 is our arrival day and I'm still holding on to hood that the rain changes! We aren't doing anything but dinner downtown, but coming from crappy weather I don't want to have it on my first day!

So since we leave in 2 days :cool1:, today will be dedicated to laundry :laundy: and cleaning the house :goodvibes. I am not going to go overboard with cleaning the house like I normally do since DH will be home this trip (I have full faith that he can clean up after himself :rotfl:), however both DDs have the day off of school so I may as well take advantage of them being home ;).

Hi
Anyone here from Florida have an idea which weather forecast is the most accurate? Accuweather and the Weather Network and not giving the same info for next week.

Eric

Hi Anyone here from Florida have an idea which weather forecast is the most accurate? Accuweather and the Weather Network and not giving the same info for next week. Eric

My overall experience with accuweather is that they're never accurate (live up north) so I'm going with weather channel. They and my weather app that comes preloaded on the iPhone both match up,

1/23 is our arrival day and I'm still holding on to hood that the rain changes! We aren't doing anything but dinner downtown, but coming from crappy weather I don't want to have it on my first day!

Me too! We only have 2 days at Disney, the 23rd and 24th, and right now it is forecasted to be cold and rainy both days! :sad1:

Praying it will change.

So I get a call from DH today telling me he was thinking about it and he would like to join the girls and I on our trip but he wouldn't be there the entire trip (he would be there from Friday to Tuesday while the girls and I are there from Wednesday to Wednesday). So I had to sit on the phone for over an hour trying to get him added to our resort reservation (luckily it's a room only and it didn't cost me anything extra) and get ME squared away for him. Haven't told the girls yet because I think he wants to make it a surprise, but I did change out some TS restaurants so he could be included, luckily they weren't the hard to get ones. My DD11 will be so excited to see him since she is wishing he would go anyways, it's my DD13 who I am worried about....she is excited that this trip is a girls only trip :worried:, at least she will have a couple of days with just mom and sister before he arrives and then again on our departure day :goodvibes.

Doing the single digit dance!! (Finally!) I'm one of the last ones here to leave. Save a Dole Whip for me.

Doing the single digit dance!! (Finally!) I'm one of the last ones here to leave. Save a Dole Whip for me.

Don't worry we will :goodvibes

We leave......Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow, your only a Day a way!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

We land the 31st so technically January. ;)

Too excited, since it will be the little one's very first trip. Should be an adventure since she's just learning to walk.

I know, the weather is throwing me for a loop too (and we can only have 40 lb. suitcases on the plane) They're predicting such a range of temps through each day that it's def. going to be a layering kind of week. I've had the kiddos bag practically packed for a month now though, and finally decided I could stop buying every minnie mouse outfit l saw. ::MinnieMo

:::little voice in the back:::: I'm new and going too!.:cloud9: nervous about tales of crazy large tour groups that I wasn't aware of when I booked.:eek: Staying on site and its our first time out of Ft. Wilderness. Went with the FL.Res.Rate for POFQ. Just a quick trip to activate our annual:wizard: passes :yay: 1/27-1/30

I have an 8am ADR for CP and was planning to high tail it to the Anna/Elsa Meet & Greet since I didn't get a FP. I was hoping to beat the rope drop crowd since I'll already be in the park. How soon before rope drop can I start heading that way - and with the construction, what's the quickest way to get there. Around or through the castle? TIA!

:::little voice in the back:::: I'm new and going too!.:cloud9: nervous about tales of crazy large tour groups that I wasn't aware of when I booked.:eek: Staying on site and its our first time out of Ft. Wilderness. Went with the FL.Res.Rate for POFQ. Just a quick trip to activate our annual:wizard: passes :yay: 1/27-1/30

POFQ is a great resort so you should have a good time there. It's a very compact and cozy moderate resort so it's a short walk to anywhere on property you want to go which is nice. It also has a good food court with freshly made beignets! The tour groups, primarily from Brazil it seemed, were a bit annoying at time last week but for the most part they didn't affect us any.

I have an 8am ADR for CP and was planning to high tail it to the Anna/Elsa Meet & Greet since I didn't get a FP. I was hoping to beat the rope drop crowd since I'll already be in the park. How soon before rope drop can I start heading that way - and with the construction, what's the quickest way to get there. Around or through the castle? TIA!

If the path through the castle, or the small path to the left side, is open then that will be your quickest path to A&E from CP. We had an amazing experience when we took DD(5) to see them last week so hopefully you have a good experience as well.

I am having huge withdrawals:sad1:. Painful.....UGHHHHHH. I want to go back.

That's exactly where I am! We can't go as often as I would like with costs and logistics of being out of state but I really wish we were still there. Even with some crazy weather and the kids sometimes being cranky it was just an amazing trip.

If the path through the castle, or the small path to the left side, is open then that will be your quickest path to A&E from CP. We had an amazing experience when we took DD(5) to see them last week so hopefully you have a good experience as well.

QUOTE]

THANKS!!! Here's to hoping! :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter