• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official January 2015 Thread!!!

19 sleeps! Can't believe it! My last trip was 1.5 years ago. Taking my DS 6 without DH but going with family. A little anxious about it.

:hyper:So excited that we will be there in a few days. Just not happy with the temps this week. Brr!

We arrive on the 10th and so far the forecast says rain every day!!! Definitely not happy about that. Hopefully that will change!!

We go down on the 9th so that I can run on the 10th and 11th then spend time in the parks next week. I see chance of rain pretty much every day but at least it looks like it will be a little warm instead of cold. We'll just have to make sure to bring some ponchos with us and not let a little rain slow us down!

We go down on the 9th so that I can run on the 10th and 11th then spend time in the parks next week. I see chance of rain pretty much every day but at least it looks like it will be a little warm instead of cold. We'll just have to make sure to bring some ponchos with us and not let a little rain slow us down!

Right!!

I wake up every morning and excitedly say to DH "guess what?" He obligingly says "what" and then I say " only 9 (today's count) until Disney World. "
Then he mumbles something about me not being able to keep this up for 2 weeks... I can't help it, I'm excited!

Each morning I check the extended forecast and each day I grow more and more disappointed by it. Humbug! We arrive on the 8th at nearly midnight (it'll be like 30 degrees when we get there)...then the rest of the week it seems to be rainy. I already bought super cheapo ponchos, but now I'm starting to think I should invest in higher quality ones. We're staying through the 14th, and of course, that's when the forecast seems to improve.

I am still just hoping and praying that the weather there is like the weather in Colorado...forecasts being completely useless. :-)

4 more days!

I'm staying the week of the 12th and the first 2 days i'm there, rain is forcasted. Thunderstorms are forecast for the night of the 13th which is the MSEP. I hope the weather turns out better. I would hate to miss it. There are others that week but i'm not going to MK that day :(

We are 17 days out and I just did online checkin :goodvibes. I have also been looking at the weather for when we are there, and it looks like it will mainly be in the mid to upper 60's which is completely fine by me since we will be coming from the frigid north (Chicago area), I am so ready for some warmth I just feel bad for my DH who is not coming along on this trip.

This time tomorrow we'll be at MCO with an almost 3 year old and 3 month old. Finishing packing. Pretty sure we're absolutely insane.

I just requested to join the Facebook group. Sorry I'm late to the party! We are leaving 1/18!!! So excited!

2 weeks from today at this very moment we will be having lunch at the food court at POFQ and then heading off to EPCOT for the day and evening with some yummy Biergarten for dinner. I so can't wait :goodvibes.

MBs are finally here! I was getting nervous there for a bit with all the issues they were having with mine. Yay!

We haven't received our DME tags yet. We leave Saturday. My SIL added us to her DVC reservation and booked us on DME- just hope we do it right without tags.

With no tags, you go to baggage claim first for your bags and then to the DME area- correct?

I also have not received our Disney Rewards card. Ordered it on 12/27. I hope it comes today or tomorrow because it's got $250 on it. If it comes after we leave, it's wasted, as it expires in December 2015 and we have no plans on returning before then. Frustrating.

Our DME stuff arrived by UPS this evening. The arrival date was wrong on our tickets. It took two phone calls to Disney to get it straightened out. The first call was a waste of time. The person my DH spoke to obviously had no idea what she was doing. The second person fixed everything right away.

Still no rewards card, but we made a phone call, and if we don't receive it before we leave Saturday, we can get one issued at guest services down there. AWESOME. I was worried we'd lose all of our rewards $.

I still need to pack. My least favorite thing to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter