• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

OMG what's up with the weather this week - I've been looking at the forecast and it's nearly as cold as London!!

As Wednesday its 10c (50f) in London and 11c (52f) in Orlando - thank goodness the long term forecast looks better back up in the 20s (70) next week - which is perfect.

I knew from a few of you January was unpredictable; but I didn't think it would be this crazy.

It's got 16 days to sort itself out; although Will be getting a fleece today to pack for just in case.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
We arrive the 28th... so 26 days to go... but I have come down with the horrible nasty chest cold/ bronchitis crap that is going around with fever and all kinds of goodness.. I have sequestered myself to the basement so to keep my wife (hopefully) uninfected .. Sooo loading up on Vit. C, Mucinex , and water. Magic Bands are supposed to arrive today so maybe that will bring some joy.. but not feeling it right now... I'm anxious that I won't be better in time and I will be "that guy" coughing on the airline... ugh...

OMG what's up with the weather this week - I've been looking at the forecast and it's nearly as cold as London!!

As Wednesday its 10c (50f) in London and 11c (52f) in Orlando - thank goodness the long term forecast looks better back up in the 20s (70) next week - which is perfect.

I knew from a few of you January was unpredictable; but I didn't think it would be this crazy.

It's got 16 days to sort itself out; although Will be getting a fleece today to pack for just in case.

:thumbsup2

It's getting better, as of today Accuweather are showing mid twenties for our whole week :)

So I recently found I am pregnant with our 3rd kiddo. I'm super excited but it means many of my favorite rides are out and no FOP. I know it will still be magical and will give me an excuse to book a future trip. 16 more get ups!

We arrive on 13th, my wife is 25 weeks pregnant today. A few things she can't do, but strangely she can do more in MK than she could at Disneyland Paris in October. Example at DLP she couldn't do Pirates, but can in MK! The french seem to have very strict evacuation rules.

Hope you have a great time!

We arrive the 28th... so 26 days to go... but I have come down with the horrible nasty chest cold/ bronchitis crap that is going around with fever and all kinds of goodness.. I have sequestered myself to the basement so to keep my wife (hopefully) uninfected .. Sooo loading up on Vit. C, Mucinex , and water. Magic Bands are supposed to arrive today so maybe that will bring some joy.. but not feeling it right now... I'm anxious that I won't be better in time and I will be "that guy" coughing on the airline... ugh...

I feel your pain had that all over Christmas and it's not nice at all :cold: Although I'm sure with 26 days and a lot of rest and Vit C you should be all better for your trip.:flower:

Only five more sleeps! I can't really complain about the weather in Orlando (50F) because it's 29F in Houston right now. Even though it does not snow in either Houston or Orlando I'm hoping the weather up north does not affect our flight on Monday morning.

So ready to be there NEXT WEEK. If the forecast stays true it's going to be a beautiful weekend. It's currently 37 degrees in Louisiana with hard freezes all week long. NO THANKS!!!! :D

ME TOO!!!!! We arrive on Monday from Houston. It's nowhere near as cold as further up north but still in the 30s.

So now that January began I feel I can officially start the countdown!!!
14 days left to get to Orlando, 17 until we’re standing in front of the castle!! (On the first days we’ll meet some wizards and minions, and visit the outlets!!)
Sooooo excited!

24 days to go here. I want to start packing, but with how crazy the weather is in January in Florida, I'm not sure what to pack yet. Our last trip in January of 2016 it was very cold, so I hope we get lucky this time and catch a warm stretch!

24 days to go here. I want to start packing, but with how crazy the weather is in January in Florida, I'm not sure what to pack yet. Our last trip in January of 2016 it was very cold, so I hope we get lucky this time and catch a warm stretch!

I never pack until the day before we leave for a trip anyway but even more so now. The weather is crazy!

Last edited:

I never pack until the day before we leave for a trip anyway but even more so now. They weather is crazy!

3 weeks out today! Usually I am about packed by now. But this weather has me questioning what to pack.

10 Days to go and Just got the January Activities Calander. Found out I'm working on Sunday so going to start pre packing soon and finalizing some last minute items.

All I've been able to pack so far are some t-shirts and things for our park bag and hotel room. I took the morning off on the day we fly out, so hopefully I get done in time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter