Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

You will have a lot of company in MK that day, so leave plenty of time to get out of the park. From Liberty Sq to the main gate can take you 10 mins!!! In order to be at DHS for 1:05, I would plan on being out of LS no later than 11:30. There is no way to be sure the bus to DHS will come along right away. You could have a wait for it. Better to be early than to be late.
Thank you. If going from park to park, would we have to go through security again at HS since we already did at MK? Since it's not a resort bus, bit a park to park bus, didn't know if that put it in a designated "already cleared security" area.

You will have a lot of company in MK that day, so leave plenty of time to get out of the park.

Hmm. Ok. I was seeing crowd calculators for that day between a 2 and a 4, for Nov. 29. That's why I was thinking that it might be a little easier to navigate.

Thank you. If going from park to park, would we have to go through security again at HS since we already did at MK? Since it's not a resort bus, bit a park to park bus, didn't know if that put it in a designated "already cleared security" area.
Yes you’ll always have to go through security when park hopping with maybe one exception; taking the monorail from Epcot to Magic Kingdom

Yes, bus to MK, then either monorail or boat over to the Polynesian. For an 8:45 ADR, I would plan on being out at the MK bus stop no later than 7:30. Yes, it could take less time, but if you get there, and the bus has just left, it could be almost 7:50 by the time a bus comes. Then, the ride to MK, so that's about 8:00. Walk down to the boat (very short walk) and possibly have a 20 min wait for it to arrive, or it could be there when you arrive. Then the ride to the resort, the boat stops at the GF first. Then walk up to 'Ohana.
Or you could get an Uber, or a cab. That would allow you to leave BC around 8:25ish.

Thanks! I was trying to push my family out the door around 7 (which means we'll probably be waiting for the bus by 7:15/ 7:30 because this is like herding cats) so I'm glad to know I'm on the right track to not also have us sitting at the Poly for an hour with my family glaring at me for getting them on the move too early. I'm a "worst case scenario" planner so expecting the bus to take 20 minutes, and then expecting the boat to take another 20 minutes means I can only be pleasantly surprised.

Uber/ cab would be much easier except that I have a toddler in tow who then needs to be strapped into a car seat (which is like giving a cat a bath, so that would add back any time I would save :worship: ).

We are checking in on Thanksgiving Day. My family is flying in and using MDE. My parents are driving separately. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO around 8:30 am. We have a 2:30 ADR at MBYBBQ (we also have a 5pm booked as well) for all 7 of us. My parents and my DS9 have the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage embarking from Contemporary with an 8pm arrival time. Transportation, as well as potential post-meal character interactions, play a role into which ADR we keep and which we relaease. (For those familiar with MBYBBQ, the category 1 seating typically allows for exclusive character meet about an hour before schedule time - but since there are 3 shows going on that day at 2 hours long, instead of the usual one show only, there is no category 1 offered that day). Also, sincere there is no premier seating, we would like to be in line early enough to be near the front for the best view/interaction with our kids as possible (this is a complete surprise trip for them, where they won't even know until we get to the airport that morning). So, we have MDE to AoA, AoA to FW, and FW to Contemporary. Because of my folks' directional challenges, I will probably personally take the rest of my family back to AoA to get them settled in, then go back to Contemporary to meet up with my folks and DS9 and accompany them back to Pop, and then walk over the bridge with DS9 back to AoA.

How do I navigate all of this? Thoughts?
Ok. The easiest way to get to the pavilion where the bbq is would be to take the boat from MK to FtW. You get dropped a short walk up the path and around a corner to the area. Otherwise, you have to go to the main FtW entrance and take an internal bus, and that can be a pain. As far as the end of the day goes, sure, take your group back to AoA and settled. Then bus to MK and walk over to the CR, grab them and then walk back to MK and get the bus to Pop.

Nope, you will have to go through security again. They used to have special buses, that you paid extra for, that dropped you inside the parks so you didn't have to go through security again. But, they stopped those, sad to say. As far as the 29th goes, I'm sorry, I thought that was actually Thanksgiving Day. You should be fine with lower crowds on that day, but still leave plenty of time.

Ok. The easiest way to get to the pavilion where the bbq is would be to take the boat from MK to FtW. You get dropped a short walk up the path and around a corner to the area. Otherwise, you have to go to the main FtW entrance and take an internal bus, and that can be a pain. As far as the end of the day goes, sure, take your group back to AoA and settled. Then bus to MK and walk over to the CR, grab them and then walk back to MK and get the bus to Pop.

Thank you so much! Now, if we do end up keeping the later ADR and having the Pirates cruise crew go straight their to Contemporary from MBYBBQ, about how much travel time might we anticipate, from pavilion to boat and then the boat travel time?

One of our kids will be embarking on a Pirate Adventure cruise setting off from Yacht Club. From AoA to Yacht Club, there is no direct, I don't think. Other than an Uber, what are our options and then the time involved? Bus to Epcot and then to Yacht Club?

One of our kids will be embarking on a Pirate Adventure cruise setting off from Yacht Club. From AoA to Yacht Club, there is no direct, I don't think. Other than an Uber, what are our options and then the time involved? Bus to Epcot and then to Yacht Club?
No, you can't get from the Epcot main entrance to the YC, unless you have Epcot admission and want to walk thru the park from the main entrance to the IG.

They'll need to take the bus to DHS, and then the boat to YC. You should always allow 90 minutes when a trip involves a transfer.

They can also walk from DHS to YC, which is about a mile and often is faster than waiting for the boat.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to find the answer on this and other sites, but I'm not reading all 288 pages. The latest info I could find on this question is from 2016, so I'm not sure it's current.

How can I get from Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs? The info I found says you can take a direct bus but only after 4:00 p.m., is that still correct? We would need the bus around 7:00 or 8:00 p.m., so that's not a problem. Would taking a bus to Saratoga Springs and then walking be a better alternative? I'm trying to get to the World of Disney area.

No, you can't get from the Epcot main entrance to the YC, unless you have Epcot admission and want to walk thru the park from the main entrance to the IG.

They'll need to take the bus to DHS, and then the boat to YC. You should always allow 90 minutes when a trip involves a transfer.

They can also walk from DHS to YC, which is about a mile and often is faster than waiting for the boat.
Really? Huh. Cost for Uber what s relative for each person, but I think I can swallow paying for a ride rather than spending all that time in transportation. So, the follow up question would be what to do in the meantime. It's a 2 hour cruise for the kiddo while everyone else is hanging at AoA. Is Yacht Club only accessible by boat in and out? No access to bus or monorail for the accompanying adult to do somethings ng and then return to pick him up?
Thanks!

Really? Huh. Cost for Uber what s relative for each person, but I think I can swallow paying for a ride rather than spending all that time in transportation. So, the follow up question would be what to do in the meantime. It's a 2 hour cruise for the kiddo while everyone else is hanging at AoA. Is Yacht Club only accessible by boat in and out? No access to bus or monorail for the accompanying adult to do somethings ng and then return to pick him up?
Thanks!
There are buses from MK, AK, & DS, but only boats or walking from DHS & Epcot (the Epcot boat is from IG, but it's a very easy walk from IG.)

It's always recommended to allow 90 minutes travelling between resorts unless they happen to be on the same boat route or monorail, because you could wait up to 20 minutes times 2, plus the actual travel time. The trip might end up taking only 30 minutes if you get lucky with wait times, but you could also just miss the bus/boat each time, or have to wait for a 2nd one if the first is full.

BC is only a few miles from AoA. Uber/Lyft should be well under $10.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to find the answer on this and other sites, but I'm not reading all 288 pages. The latest info I could find on this question is from 2016, so I'm not sure it's current.

How can I get from Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs? The info I found says you can take a direct bus but only after 4:00 p.m., is that still correct? We would need the bus around 7:00 or 8:00 p.m., so that's not a problem. Would taking a bus to Saratoga Springs and then walking be a better alternative? I'm trying to get to the World of Disney area.
Yes, buses run from the parks to DS starting at 4 p.m.

We will be at WDW for 2 weeks in October. First week we will be at Disney Springs The B Resort.
What is the best way to get from MCO to hotel? We don't mind a shuttle with various drop offs, but maybe a Lyft/Uber is close in price since there are two of us to pay for the shuttle??
And, we are staying the 2nd week at the Coronado. Can we take DME to the airport on our return?

We will be at WDW for 2 weeks in October. First week we will be at Disney Springs The B Resort.
What is the best way to get from MCO to hotel? We don't mind a shuttle with various drop offs, but maybe a Lyft/Uber is close in price since there are two of us to pay for the shuttle??
And, we are staying the 2nd week at the Coronado. Can we take DME to the airport on our return?
With just 2 people, you should be able to fit yourselves and your luggage in the smallest Lyft or Uber vehicle. I don't know the shuttle cost, but I think Uber/Lyft will be cheaper for 2 people. You can get estimated Uber/Lyft fares at ride.guru, or just go into the app and input MCO for the pick-up point and your hotel for the drop-off to see the fares. Just be sure to back out rather than hitting "Confirm Pickup".

With just 2 people, you should be able to fit yourselves and your luggage in the smallest Lyft or Uber vehicle. I don't know the shuttle cost, but I think Uber/Lyft will be cheaper for 2 people. You can get estimated Uber/Lyft fares at ride.guru, or just go into the app and input MCO for the pick-up point and your hotel for the drop-off to see the fares. Just be sure to back out rather than hitting "Confirm Pickup".

Thank you, joelkfla.

What is the best way to get from Beach Club to Contemp for 7:45 am dining at the Wave? We will have 2 ECV and 1 stroller. When using the friendship entrance, do they let you in early to get on the monorail, or would we need to take a bus to the TTC to get on the monorail? Is there a bus from the Beach Club to the TTC? Or would we have to go to MK and walk/ride back to Comtep?

What is the best way to get from Beach Club to Contemp for 7:45 am dining at the Wave? We will have 2 ECV and 1 stroller. When using the friendship entrance, do they let you in early to get on the monorail,
No.
or would we need to take a bus to the TTC to get on the monorail? Is there a bus from the Beach Club to the TTC?
No.
Or would we have to go to MK and walk/ride back to Comtep?
Yes.

Hopping from EP to MK mid-afternoon/early evening. If we finish EP at FEA, is it still quickest to take the monorail? Or is it quicker to exit via IG, walk to one of the resorts, and hop a bus over to MK?

Hopping from EP to MK mid-afternoon/early evening. If we finish EP at FEA, is it still quickest to take the monorail? Or is it quicker to exit via IG, walk to one of the resorts, and hop a bus over to MK?
Probably pretty even. Walking distance from FEA is probably a little shorter to the Monorail, but not by much.
Monorail would require a transfer, but you wouldn't have to clear the bag check again.
Bus would be direct to the front gates, but you'd would have to clear bag check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter