Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I've searched a bit but I can't find a definite answer. I'm staying offsite (Sheraton vistana) and I have a 7:05 Chef Mickey's reservation. We were hoping to rope drop MK that day. Where can we park? The monorail isn't running that early, correct? I'm afraid if we park at the contemporary and then have to move our car we will be cutting it really close.
Because you're staying offsite, I would recommend paying to valet park your car at the CR. It will be about the same as paying to park at the TTC. Then, you can leave the car there all day, with no worries.
If it's not busy, the security person, at the entry shack, may tell you to just self-park. If that's the case, find a more distant parking spot so you don't take away the front spots from those staying there. Is this a rule? No, I just think it's the considerate thing to do.

I would recommend paying to valet park your car at the CR. It will be about the same as paying to park at the TTC.
I've searched a bit but I can't find a definite answer. I'm staying offsite (Sheraton vistana) and I have a 7:05 Chef Mickey's reservation. We were hoping to rope drop MK that day. Where can we park? The monorail isn't running that early, correct? I'm afraid if we park at the contemporary and then have to move our car we will be cutting it really close.
How much is parking at the TTC these days? Valet is up to $33 plus tip.

One benefit is that valet is a once-per-day charge, so if you have an ADR for dinner at a different resort, you can valet there, too.

How much is parking at the TTC these days? Valet is up to $33 plus tip.

One benefit is that valet is a once-per-day charge, so if you have an ADR for dinner at a different resort, you can valet there, too.
$22 at TTC. We paid to valet at CR in April and it was completely worth the extra $.

The dedicated bag check located along the walking path made it worth it by itself.

How bad are buses currently? We're planning a trip in early August and have never navigated Disney World before. What are the wait times like? It's not like Disneyland where you just walk across the Esplanade and you're at the next park lol

I know the answer to this is some where and I'm sorry for asking it again if it has already been asked here.
What is the fastest way to get to HS from Epcot and about how long will it take us using Disney transportation ? I don't think we will walk the path because it will probably be hot out. So I guess that leaves us with the boat or bus.

I know the answer to this is some where and I'm sorry for asking it again if it has already been asked here.
What is the fastest way to get to HS from Epcot and about how long will it take us using Disney transportation ? I don't think we will walk the path because it will probably be hot out. So I guess that leaves us with the boat or bus.
The boat will take 25 mins once you got on board. The wait can be up to 20 mins. If you take a bus, the wait can be up to 20 mins but the ride is probably about 15 mins. Walking takes about 20 mins.
How bad are buses currently? We're planning a trip in early August and have never navigated Disney World before. What are the wait times like? It's not like Disneyland where you just walk across the Esplanade and you're at the next park lol
The buses are never bad.....but I guess it's relative. Where are you staying? Some resorts have better bus transportation than others. Sure, there are instances where you may wait of a bus for 45 mins, but that isn't normal. Most wait times are under 20 mins, depending on when you arrive at the stop. And Disney now has an app that gives you the expected arrival times of the buses so you can check on them while in your room.

And Disney now has an app that gives you the expected arrival times of the buses so you can check on them while in your room.

Is that on the regular Disney World app? I don't see it when I look, where do you find the bus times?

On further investigation it appears you can only see them if you are actually staying at a Disney resort at the time? Guess that' why I can't find them from home!

Last edited:
Is this day going to be terrible transportation wise? Staying at Contemporary, and we have Hollywood & Vine at 8:05am with Fantasmic package, and Beaches and Cream at 4:10pm. We'll probably take an afternoon break from 12ish-3ish before heading back over. Is B&C to DHS walkable?

Is this day going to be terrible transportation wise? Staying at Contemporary, and we have Hollywood & Vine at 8:05am with Fantasmic package, and Beaches and Cream at 4:10pm. We'll probably take an afternoon break from 12ish-3ish before heading back over. Is B&C to DHS walkable?
You can walk, or you can ride the boat. The walk to DHS front gate is 1.1 mi. on Google Maps. The boat ride will take about 20 minutes, plus wait time.

Could anyone please tell me if the ferry runs from GF to MK during MNSSHP hours and how frequently? Also, is it a direct route or via the TTC?

:confused: Monorail Newbie Alert :confused:

I'm hoping someone can give me some transportation guidance before my trip next week. I have always stayed on property but I've only ever relied on Disney buses for transportation. I have never been on a Disney monorail. (I know... craziness!) My boyfriend and I will be spending the day in Epcot but we have a dinner reservation at 'Ohana in the early evening. I know there is a resort monorail system but I am completely clueless on how to navigate to-and-from somewhere by using it. :confused3 Where do I need to go/what do I need to do to get from Epcot to the Polynesian and then back to Epcot? :confused3

:confused: Monorail Newbie Alert :confused:

I'm hoping someone can give me some transportation guidance before my trip next week. I have always stayed on property but I've only ever relied on Disney buses for transportation. I have never been on a Disney monorail. (I know... craziness!) My boyfriend and I will be spending the day in Epcot but we have a dinner reservation at 'Ohana in the early evening. I know there is a resort monorail system but I am completely clueless on how to navigate to-and-from somewhere by using it. :confused3 Where do I need to go/what do I need to do to get from Epcot to the Polynesian and then back to Epcot? :confused3
When you exit Epcot, go straight ahead to the entrance to the Monorail. The entrance is inside the security perimeter, so don't go thru any swing gates.

The Epcot Monorail goes to the TTC. At the TTC, you can either transfer to the Resort Monorail and ride one stop to Poly, or you can walk about 5 minutes to Poly.

From Poly, you can ride the Resort Monorail back to TTC, but it goes all the way around the Lagoon making several stops, so it takes 15-20 minutes. Or you can just walk back to TTC and board the Epcot Monorail directly.

When you exit Epcot, go straight ahead to the entrance to the Monorail. The entrance is inside the security perimeter, so don't go thru any swing gates.

The Epcot Monorail goes to the TTC. At the TTC, you can either transfer to the Resort Monorail and ride one stop to Poly, or you can walk about 5 minutes to Poly.

From Poly, you can ride the Resort Monorail back to TTC, but it goes all the way around the Lagoon making several stops, so it takes 15-20 minutes. Or you can just walk back to TTC and board the Epcot Monorail directly.

Thank you so much!

How long would it normally take to get from Beach Club to the Polynesian by bus (we do not have hoppers and would not be going into EPCOT to take the monorail to MK which is how we normally would get there)? We have an 8:45 AM Ohana reservation I’m trying to plan for.

Bus from BC to MK and then resort monorail is the best way or am I missing something else?

Last edited:
How long would it normally take to get from Beach Club to the Polynesian by bus (we do not have hoppers and would not be going into EPCOT to take the monorail to MK which is how we normally would get there)? We have an 8:45 AM Ohana reservation I’m trying to plan for.

Bus from BC to MK and then resort monorail is the best way or am I missing something else?
Yes, bus to MK, then either monorail or boat over to the Polynesian. For an 8:45 ADR, I would plan on being out at the MK bus stop no later than 7:30. Yes, it could take less time, but if you get there, and the bus has just left, it could be almost 7:50 by the time a bus comes. Then, the ride to MK, so that's about 8:00. Walk down to the boat (very short walk) and possibly have a 20 min wait for it to arrive, or it could be there when you arrive. Then the ride to the resort, the boat stops at the GF first. Then walk up to 'Ohana.
Or you could get an Uber, or a cab. That would allow you to leave BC around 8:25ish.

Hello all. Just discovered this thread. Will be visiting Nov 22- Dec. 2. We've never park hopped before, but with the FD requirement, we will incorporate it into our plans for some days. Also, my parents are coming along and will do things alone while also joining us for other things. My folks have never been to WDW on their own, are not the most tech savvy with the app, so we will have to spell out exactly where they are going. I will have questions as I think of all our stops, but I will start with some basics. Staying at AoA Cars suite and my folks are at Pop.

For a PH from MK to HS on Thurs. Nov 29. I assume bus from park to park is the best choice for all 7 of us. The goal is to leave MK between 11:45-12:15 from Liberty Square and get in the line at HS for Sorcerer Mickey around 1:05. My folks will be using motor scooters due to foot issues, and we will have one stroller to fold up with us. Is that ample time for the bus transport?

Hello all. Just discovered this thread. Will be visiting Nov 22- Dec. 2. We've never park hopped before, but with the FD requirement, we will incorporate it into our plans for some days. Also, my parents are coming along and will do things alone while also joining us for other things. My folks have never been to WDW on their own, are not the most tech savvy with the app, so we will have to spell out exactly where they are going. I will have questions as I think of all our stops, but I will start with some basics. Staying at AoA Cars suite and my folks are at Pop.

For a PH from MK to HS on Thurs. Nov 29. I assume bus from park to park is the best choice for all 7 of us. The goal is to leave MK between 11:45-12:15 from Liberty Square and get in the line at HS for Sorcerer Mickey around 1:05. My folks will be using motor scooters due to foot issues, and we will have one stroller to fold up with us. Is that ample time for the bus transport?
You will have a lot of company in MK that day, so leave plenty of time to get out of the park. From Liberty Sq to the main gate can take you 10 mins!!! In order to be at DHS for 1:05, I would plan on being out of LS no later than 11:30. There is no way to be sure the bus to DHS will come along right away. You could have a wait for it. Better to be early than to be late.

Hello all. Just discovered this thread. Will be visiting Nov 22- Dec. 2. We've never park hopped before, but with the FD requirement, we will incorporate it into our plans for some days. Also, my parents are coming along and will do things alone while also joining us for other things. My folks have never been to WDW on their own, are not the most tech savvy with the app, so we will have to spell out exactly where they are going. I will have questions as I think of all our stops, but I will start with some basics. Staying at AoA Cars suite and my folks are at Pop. My folks will be using motor scooters due to foot issues, and we will have one stroller to fold up with us.

We are checking in on Thanksgiving Day. My family is flying in and using MDE. My parents are driving separately. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO around 8:30 am. We have a 2:30 ADR at MBYBBQ (we also have a 5pm booked as well) for all 7 of us. My parents and my DS9 have the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage embarking from Contemporary with an 8pm arrival time. Transportation, as well as potential post-meal character interactions, play a role into which ADR we keep and which we relaease. (For those familiar with MBYBBQ, the category 1 seating typically allows for exclusive character meet about an hour before schedule time - but since there are 3 shows going on that day at 2 hours long, instead of the usual one show only, there is no category 1 offered that day). Also, sincere there is no premier seating, we would like to be in line early enough to be near the front for the best view/interaction with our kids as possible (this is a complete surprise trip for them, where they won't even know until we get to the airport that morning). So, we have MDE to AoA, AoA to FW, and FW to Contemporary. Because of my folks' directional challenges, I will probably personally take the rest of my family back to AoA to get them settled in, then go back to Contemporary to meet up with my folks and DS9 and accompany them back to Pop, and then walk over the bridge with DS9 back to AoA.

How do I navigate all of this? Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts