Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Claustrophobic here. And I mean pretty serious, so I am trying to avoid the monorail at all costs, which may seem silly since I'm staying at the Poly, haha! Anyway, I need advice for my early breakfast ADR at MK.

We have a breakfast ADR at 8:40 AM on a day when MK opens at 9:00 AM. How can I get to the MK from the Poly WITHOUT riding the monorail. Can I take a water taxi from the Poly or ferry from the TTC? Am I going to have to get a cab (my husband might kill me if I do this)? Any chance those new Minnie vehicles will be servicing the Poly by that date and take me straight to the MK gate?

As of right now, it's just me and my daughter that will be going to this ADR so I really don't want to risk the monorail without having my husband to calm me down.

Claustrophobic here. And I mean pretty serious, so I am trying to avoid the monorail at all costs, which may seem silly since I'm staying at the Poly, haha! Anyway, I need advice for my early breakfast ADR at MK.

We have a breakfast ADR at 8:40 AM on a day when MK opens at 9:00 AM. How can I get to the MK from the Poly WITHOUT riding the monorail. Can I take a water taxi from the Poly or ferry from the TTC? Am I going to have to get a cab (my husband might kill me if I do this)? Any chance those new Minnie vehicles will be servicing the Poly by that date and take me straight to the MK gate?

As of right now, it's just me and my daughter that will be going to this ADR so I really don't want to risk the monorail without having my husband to calm me down.
First, I wanted to mention that for PPO ADRs, you can go in as early as 7:45, regardless of the actual ADR time. This would allow you to make better use of the first hour of park opening, when lines are shortest, by far. If your ADR is for BOG, you will be able to get to 7DMT before the rope drop crowds, and maybe even ride it twice before the crowds get there (assuming this is not an EMH morning).

Your best bet is to ask at the Poly what time the boats to MK start running. The hours today may not be the same as when you go.

You can also walk to the TTC, and take the ferry from there. Not sure if those hours will be better or worse than the hours for the Poly boat, but it is worth asking about.

No one knows about Minnie Van option yet. I assume that would be doable if they are up and running.

Taxi won't help you. It could only take you to TTC. Same as Uber or Lyft.

First, I wanted to mention that for PPO ADRs, you can go in as early as 7:45, regardless of the actual ADR time. This would allow you to make better use of the first hour of park opening, when lines are shortest, by far. If your ADR is for BOG, you will be able to get to 7DMT before the rope drop crowds, and maybe even ride it twice before the crowds get there (assuming this is not an EMH morning).

Your best bet is to ask at the Poly what time the boats to MK start running. The hours today may not be the same as when you go.

You can also walk to the TTC, and take the ferry from there. Not sure if those hours will be better or worse than the hours for the Poly boat, but it is worth asking about.

No one knows about Minnie Van option yet. I assume that would be doable if they are up and running.

Taxi won't help you. It could only take you to TTC. Same as Uber or Lyft.

Thanks, our ADR is at BOG, which would be great for 7DMT IF I actually rode rides, lol. Thanks for the advice, though! If my husband and stepdaughter were going with us to BOG, then I would most definitely send them over to 7DMT, but I'll have to see if a reservation opens up for a larger party. Sorry, I have extreme anxiety - I freaked out on the People Mover when it stopped in a tunnel inside Space Mtn 6 years ago. Thankfully we were close enough to the end of the tunnel that I could see the light ahead or I'm not sure what I would have done.

Also, what does PPO stand for? I keep seeing it used in conjunction with ADR and I have no idea what it means!

They could also take you to the Contemporary and you can walk to the MK.

Thanks! I was just getting ready to ask if the cab/Uber could take me to the Contemporary and then walk. I would definitely be up for that depending on the cost if the water transportation isn't running as early as I need it to.

I'm assuming that I'm not allowed to park at the Contemporary if I'm staying at the Poly, correct?

They could also take you to the Contemporary and you can walk to the MK.

Thanks! I was just getting ready to ask if the cab/Uber could take me to the Contemporary and then walk. I would definitely be up for that depending on the cost if the water transportation isn't running as early as I need it to.

I'm assuming that I'm not allowed to park at the Contemporary if I'm staying at the Poly, correct?

I think most of the questions I had were answered in the previous posts! We are staying at the Polynesian villas this fall. We have an 8:20 a.m. reservation at Chef Mickey's. I don't want to chance having any monorail issues. I had read somewhere that boats and the ferry begin running 30 minutes before park opening which would be too late for our reservation at the Contemporary. I will check boat and ferry times when we arrive at the resort.

If we can get a taxi with a car seat - or if a Minnie Van is an option at the Polynesian by then - we would like to do that. It's such a short distance between the two resorts. I know that distance will be fine with the Minnie Van service, but are taxi drivers okay with that? I'm thinking they will be hoping for a longer fare. Has anyone happened to have taken a taxi from the Polynesian to the Contemporary?

I think most of the questions I had were answered in the previous posts! We are staying at the Polynesian villas this fall. We have an 8:20 a.m. reservation at Chef Mickey's. I don't want to chance having any monorail issues. I had read somewhere that boats and the ferry begin running 30 minutes before park opening which would be too late for our reservation at the Contemporary. I will check boat and ferry times when we arrive at the resort.

If we can get a taxi with a car seat - or if a Minnie Van is an option at the Polynesian by then - we would like to do that. It's such a short distance between the two resorts. I know that distance will be fine with the Minnie Van service, but are taxi drivers okay with that? I'm thinking they will be hoping for a longer fare. Has anyone happened to have taken a taxi from the Polynesian to the Contemporary?

I also second your question about whether taxi drivers will go from the Poly to Contemporary. I may be trying to do that and walk to MK for my PPO ADR at BOG if the water transportation isn't open in time.

Where do you get a cab at Magic Kingdom? Would like to get a cab or Minnie van after fireworks to go back to ttc

The only transportation available at the MK itself is the buses (which go to the resorts), and the monorail or the ferry (which go to the TTC). You would have to go the TTC to get a cab. (I don't about the Minnie vans.)

I really hope the Minnie vans are servicing the Poly by October. I would love to be able to take one from the Poly straight to the MK gate just for the fun of it since I don't want to ride the monorail. I'll reserve that baby as soon as I can for my PPO ADR, lol.

Good morning!

Is there a thread that details the transportation to the water parks?

We are checking into the Poly and heading out and I'm trying to map out the route and time...

TIA!

Good morning!

Is there a thread that details the transportation to the water parks?

We are checking into the Poly and heading out and I'm trying to map out the route and time...

TIA!
No, but it's very simple:
  • To get to TL, you need to take a bus to DS and then a shuttle bus to TL
  • To get to BB, you need to take a bus to AK and then a shuttle bus to BB
Reverse to go back to the resort.

Figure on about 45 minutes travel time typically, but up to 90 minutes if you have bad luck with connections.

Alternatives for faster transit are Uber, Lyft, or taxis.

Figure on about 45 minutes travel time typically, but up to 90 minutes if you have bad luck with connections.

Wow...any idea what an Uber would cost? There are 4 of us.

Hi! I have a couple of questions :daisy: I'm looking for how much time I should give myself going from point A to point B, and also the quickest (non taxi) route.

I have a 340 reservation at Ohana. I'll be at magic kingdom. I know there is a boat and a monorail , but I'm not sure I know where ttc is.

I also have a 350 beaches and cream reservation in the afternoon on my resort day. I'll be staying at animal kingdom lodge.

Also a 945 Kona from AKL.

Thanks in advance!

$10 total? that's awesome!
so how long would an Uber take to get there?

Thank you so much for your help!

Now I remember why we only did water parks on one trip. The travel time was ridiculous, especially on the return trip, exhausted, wet, and in our case, with an injury from the wave pool. The following year we stayed at BC and were completely entertained by Stormalong Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter