Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I tried searching this thread for an answer, but there wasn't one specific to my question.

I'm hoping to be at the Poly one night this July to watch fireworks from the beach. I then need to get back to All Star Sports. I know I can take the monorail around to MK and bus from there. I am wondering if those with a bit more experience might think busing to AK (with evening EMH) and then back to Sports might be a better way to go since MK will have the masses exiting the park.

I know it's a bit of a drive to AK, but the drive back to Sports from there isn't too long, and it might beat waiting for the monorail and then getting in line with the rest.

I tried searching this thread for an answer, but there wasn't one specific to my question.

I'm hoping to be at the Poly one night this July to watch fireworks from the beach. I then need to get back to All Star Sports. I know I can take the monorail around to MK and bus from there. I am wondering if those with a bit more experience might think busing to AK (with evening EMH) and then back to Sports might be a better way to go since MK will have the masses exiting the park.

I know it's a bit of a drive to AK, but the drive back to Sports from there isn't too long, and it might beat waiting for the monorail and then getting in line with the rest.
That's very doable. Better than boating or monorailing over to MK, then waiting for a bus with a horde of others.

Is it possible without a car rental or car service to get from POFQ to AKL for a 7:30 am Boma reservation on an 8:00 am AKL EMH day? Heard good things and was considering the add before we go to the park. Wanted to get in and out as early as possible before going to the park, but if it's unreasonable we can skip it. Thanks!

Is it possible without a car rental or car service to get from POFQ to AKL for a 7:30 am Boma reservation on an 8:00 am AKL EMH day? Heard good things and was considering the add before we go to the park. Wanted to get in and out as early as possible before going to the park, but if it's unreasonable we can skip it. Thanks!
For an 8:00am opening, the buses will be running regularly by 7am. To get to a 7:30 ADR at Boma, I would be out at the AK bus stop by 6:30. Then, you'll have to transfer to an AKL bus at AK. As far as how long it will take to eat and get to the park? Who knows. I always figure on an hour for table service. If it were me, I would be very tempted to go to AK for a few hours, at park opening. Then, around 10ish, I would head to Boma for a late breakfast.
The other alternative is to take Uber or a cab over to AKL from POFQ. Shouldn't be too much and will be much faster. You could get a cab at 7:10ish, head over and try to get seated a bit early.

I know last time we were at Disney they were building the bus station outside MK. Is the station completed? Can we now go from MK to AK by bus without having to go to TTC?

I know I asked this a long time ago but my memory is not good lol. What is the fastest way from Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom park using Disney transportation?

A) first bus to a resort, then bus from resort to AK
B) bus to ALL, bus to AK
C) walk or boat to SSR, walk to OKW, POR, POFQ then bus to AK

Can someone please clarify, we are staying off site the day we are going to MNSSHP. We have a reservation at Chef Mickey's, if we valet are able to park our car there all evening to get to party on time?

Can someone please clarify, we are staying off site the day we are going to MNSSHP. We have a reservation at Chef Mickey's, if we valet are able to park our car there all evening to get to party on time?
Yes, if you valet you can park there all day. Disney is getting their money (valet costs more than TTC parking) so it's all good.

If they ever release October SWDP dates (dramaqueen), it looks like the best one for us to go to would be on the day we have a BOG dinner at 5.25 pm. Is it easy enough to catch a bus from MK to HS, and would we have plenty of time?
I will try to switch our BOG to another night, but with it being so hard (and TP reservation finder not an option for those outside the USA), I need to plan for that not happening.

I guess we could look at express transport too, but there is no guarantee that we will fit into the timetable for that either.

How often do buses run from one park to another??

Thanks!

Figure 1.5 hours for dinner and meeting the beast. So, you would be walking out of BOG around 7. Walking to the front gate, and to the bus depot, maybe 7:15 if you walk swiftly. Busses come around every 20 min. So, figure you'll be on the bus around 7:30. Then about 15 min travel time, and 15 min to get into HS and over to the dessert party.

That puts your arrival around 8:00. This is assuming everything runs smoothly. What time does the party start?

I don't have experience with the express bus, so can't help you there.

Hmm, I think that will be cutting it a bit fine. Thanks for that info! Will keep working on moving BOG, and look at alternative nights we could make SWDP work instead. It is tricky when you have never been somewhere, so don't know the time to factor in for walking and waiting, so that was very helpful!

I don't know if it is actually new, but the dock CM said it is new. Tonight they added (2) boats on the MK >GF>Poly route

I just rode the "Fair Winds".
I'm guessing it is normally a pirate or fireworks boat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!