**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

Is there a link which shows the time of fireworks for the summer? We're there the back end of August so would love to catch the fireworks one of those nights! ETA: just saw on the first post that it will be 9.15 when we are there. We were only planning one full day on the 22nd August and were hoping to catch Fantasmic which starts at 8.30. How long does that last? Will we definitely miss the Frozen fireworks?

Fant is 30 minutes long. Use the tip posted by speedo to unload from Fant and end up with a great view of the fireworks from the front of the park.

Fant is 30 minutes long. Use the tip posted by speedo to unload from Fant and end up with a great view of the fireworks from the front of the park.

Thankyou! So glad we will be able to see them! Will we still hear the soundtrack?

Ok odd question but why is everyone saying you can't use the frozen magic bands for admission? Is there different about them??

Ok odd question but why is everyone saying you can't use the frozen magic bands for admission? Is there different about them??

You can for sure ... The talk about the frozen bands is you have to link them to a ticket, photo package ect. to be able to buy them in the first place. You can't buy the bands Just to buy them.
Someone correct me if I am wrong : )

Hey yulilin!!

I found this in the comments section of the Dos and Don'ts post in the DIS blog:

"We were able to attend the Frozen Summer at DHS on Sunday and bought the Premium Package thanks to a tip from Nicole. The premium package includes reserved seating right in front of the stage. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be asked to march in the parade upon entering the park by a cast member. We were able to go backstage and meet Anna and Elsa and we were right behind them during the parade! It was a great experience!"

That's the only place where I've seen a comment regarding meeting A&E. Hope your niece gets pixie-dusted!
Thank you for the info
I'm wondering why they couldn't extend the frozen event? I'm guessing they can use the floats for the parade and for the CM this is in the morning so not a conflict with the MVMCP, plus they have no parade of any kind listed at DHS listed after frozen events ... The park needs a parade. Hiring extra characters for the frozen characters can be done since they do this now between MK meet and great and DHS frozen events. The sing along is in a building not effecting the Osborne lights as is the fireworks at night by the hat. The ice skating, activities and Oaken's does effect Osborne lights right? Is there a part of the frozen events that would effect Osborne lights I'm not thinking about? I saw it mentioned they need the floats and CM for MK parade but if it's a draw to continue I'm sure disney has plenty of floats.
As far as the MVMCP and Halloween party hard ticket events by the time the frozen event is scheduled to be over I would guess most of people would of bought their tickets ... I bought mine the day they came on sale for November. Plus the events are so different with the parties being in MK and all inclusive with all the character meets, Christmas parade in the evening and wishes holiday fireworks ect. I could easily see guests wanting to do both events since they are very different. Any thoughts?

The floats used for the Frozen Parade are used for the MVMCP. Even though this parade is during the day and MVMCP is at night they can't just transport the floats back and forth every day.

Thank you for the info The floats used for the Frozen Parade are used for the MVMCP. Even though this parade is during the day and MVMCP is at night they can't just transport the floats back and forth every day.

Oh yeah I read about that, but it's disney they certainly could build more floats? I was more wondering if the frozen events would effect the Osbourne lights?

Oh yeah I read about that, but it's disney they certainly could build more floats? I was more wondering if the frozen events would effect the Osbourne lights?

That's another reason why Frozen won't continue. The massive crowds are already expected for Osborne, it would be beyond difficult to provide the manpower to oversee Frozen and Osborne.

The only component that may stay will be the skating rink/merchandise area. Disney won't build more floats. They brought in quite a few recycled ones for Festival of Fantasy.

You can for sure ... The talk about the frozen bands is you have to link them to a ticket, photo package ect. to be able to buy them in the first place. You can't buy the bands Just to buy them.
Someone correct me if I am wrong : )

Yep--- once you buy them, they can link it at the register, and then they work just like the previous band you had--- ( or didn't have)

They just have to be linked, and they work fine!! :)

We spoke with around 10-20 CM's during the last week at DHS, and basically everyone of them told us the event would not be extended--- wanted to see it again so badly in November!'n

That's another reason why Frozen won't continue. The massive crowds are already expected for Osborne, it would be beyond difficult to provide the manpower to oversee Frozen and Osborne.

The only component that may stay will be the skating rink/merchandise area. Disney won't build more floats. They brought in quite a few recycled ones for Festival of Fantasy.

Hey, maybe they could incorporate the old blue mirrored princess float. We all know it's going to show up somewhere someday..........

And I bet they leave the store...... as long as they can keep up with the merchandise supply. Which remains to be seen.........

Hey yulilin!!

I found this in the comments section of the Dos and Don'ts post in the DIS blog:

"We were able to attend the Frozen Summer at DHS on Sunday and bought the Premium Package thanks to a tip from Nicole. The premium package includes reserved seating right in front of the stage. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be asked to march in the parade upon entering the park by a cast member. We were able to go backstage and meet Anna and Elsa and we were right behind them during the parade! It was a great experience!"

That's the only place where I've seen a comment regarding meeting A&E. Hope your niece gets pixie-dusted!

Very cool! How special for the kids.

Thanks so much for all of the info lovethattink.

You're welcome!

I'm subscribing to this as well. Thank you for compiling all this information. Crossing my fingers it will be extended through the end of October, but if not we will have to make a trip for Labor Day.

Welcome. Thanks.

I'm wondering why they couldn't extend the frozen event? I'm guessing they can use the floats for the parade and for the CM this is in the morning so not a conflict with the MVMCP, plus they have no parade of any kind listed at DHS listed after frozen events ... The park needs a parade. Hiring extra characters for the frozen characters can be done since they do this now between MK meet and great and DHS frozen events. The sing along is in a building not effecting the Osborne lights as is the fireworks at night by the hat. The ice skating, activities and Oaken's does effect Osborne lights right? Is there a part of the frozen events that would effect Osborne lights I'm not thinking about? I saw it mentioned they need the floats and CM for MK parade but if it's a draw to continue I'm sure disney has plenty of floats.
As far as the MVMCP and Halloween party hard ticket events by the time the frozen event is scheduled to be over I would guess most of people would of bought their tickets ... I bought mine the day they came on sale for November. Plus the events are so different with the parties being in MK and all inclusive with all the character meets, Christmas parade in the evening and wishes holiday fireworks ect. I could easily see guests wanting to do both events since they are very different. Any thoughts?

The Premiere Theater houses a show during the Christmas season.

Is there a link which shows the time of fireworks for the summer? We're there the back end of August so would love to catch the fireworks one of those nights!

ETA: just saw on the first post that it will be 9.15 when we are there. We were only planning one full day on the 22nd August and were hoping to catch Fantasmic which starts at 8.30. How long does that last? Will we definitely miss the Frozen fireworks?

It's easier to see the fireworks with the late Fantasmic package.

Yes.

Thankyou! So glad we will be able to see them! Will we still hear the soundtrack?

There are also two marquees so you can see the stage action without actually seeing the stage. One is the Idol Marquee and the other is where the tips and time board is (on Hollywood blvd near the intersection that takes you to ToT.)

Yes, :) And, the soundtrack can be heard from the Prime Time/Echo Lake area, too.

This area is probably the least crowded viewing area. But trees do obstruct some of the viewing.

Thank you for the info

The floats used for the Frozen Parade are used for the MVMCP. Even though this parade is during the day and MVMCP is at night they can't just transport the floats back and forth every day.

I'm sure the transport is a pretty big production.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Yes, this was "thrown" together pretty quickly, but I'm amazed at how well the first weekend went. The sing-along show is fabulous with amazing lighting and effects. The fireworks were great and as well as the stage show portion. There definitely were a few kinks along the way, but each day we went we saw improvements.

I wonder if arriving at 10am vs. 4pm makes a difference? Or had you inquired earlier about the tickets for the show?

We bought a Sven plush. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep a close eye on my son's. He's been pretty rough with his and his Olaf. They seem to be holding up pretty well at this point.

It's just the antlers on my Sven. Nothing I couldn't repair very easily.

We did not inquire about tickets earlier. We literally stumbled onto the queue right when they started giving out the 6PM tickets and there was no line. I'm wondering if they found giving a choice of time made things more of a hassle or something and the policy evolved throughout the day.

As for the sing a long itself... It was totally awesome! My DD14 is a huge Frozen fan and had a blast. Even my DS11 who despises all things princess had fun. I've heard people complaining that it's just a video and I'm not sure if they were at the same show I was because I saw way more than a video.

That's another reason why Frozen won't continue. The massive crowds are already expected for Osborne, it would be beyond difficult to provide the manpower to oversee Frozen and Osborne. The only component that may stay will be the skating rink/merchandise area. Disney won't build more floats. They brought in quite a few recycled ones for Festival of Fantasy.

I'd be happy with the skating area fun zone and Oaken's staying : ) guess will see but likely a limited event like Star Wars.

I hope everyone going today has a great time ... Fill us in on your fun day

We spoke with around 10-20 CM's during the last week at DHS, and basically everyone of them told us the event would not be extended--- wanted to see it again so badly in November!'n

Yes. That's what I keep hearing too.

Hey, maybe they could incorporate the old blue mirrored princess float. We all know it's going to show up somewhere someday..........

And I bet they leave the store...... as long as they can keep up with the merchandise supply. Which remains to be seen.........

Oh, that float, lol. Hopefully, they can find a very creative way to recycle or revamp.

My son is active in theater and we were at his theater when they were building a "new" set. One of the doors for the play Can't Take It With You was the door that was on Pooh's house for the Pooh's Corner set of the previous show. He spotted it right away.

Miss the dance party and fireworks already! Really need a livestream!!

That would be nice. I'm sure there's some youtube videos out there from previous nights.

It's just the antlers on my Sven. Nothing I couldn't repair very easily.

We did not inquire about tickets earlier. We literally stumbled onto the queue right when they started giving out the 6PM tickets and there was no line. I'm wondering if they found giving a choice of time made things more of a hassle or something and the policy evolved throughout the day.

As for the sing a long itself... It was totally awesome! My DD14 is a huge Frozen fan and had a blast. Even my DS11 who despises all things princess had fun. I've heard people complaining that it's just a video and I'm not sure if they were at the same show I was because I saw way more than a video.

Next time I'm over there I'll have to ask.

I agree with you about the sing-along being awesome!

I'd be happy with the skating area fun zone and Oaken's staying : ) guess will see but likely a limited event like Star Wars.

I hope everyone going today has a great time ... Fill us in on your fun day

It sure would be nice to see Sound Stage 1 continue to have Oaken's Trading Post and Funland.

Yes. That's what I keep hearing too.

Oh, that float, lol. Hopefully, they can find a very creative way to recycle or revamp.

My son is active in theater and we were at his theater when they were building a "new" set. One of the doors for the play Can't Take It With You was the door that was on Pooh's house for the Pooh's Corner set of the previous show. He spotted it right away.

That would be nice. I'm sure there's some youtube videos out there from previous nights.

Next time I'm over there I'll have to ask.

I agree with you about the sing-along being awesome!

It sure would be nice to see Sound Stage 1 continue to have Oaken's Trading Post and Funland.

The YouTube videos from attractions magazine are great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter