**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

I have been during this time in February before Feb 2nd through Feb 11th and the weather for the most part was decent. I did need jeans tho and it did rain a few times, but nothing that would stop one from (well at least me) hitting the parks! I did need my North Face jacket mornings and evenings. I guess the key is to bring layers. I just hate being cold and Florida cold is bone chilling cold.

i am doing the Highway in the Sky dine around on Feb 13th. Anyone else here going?

I want to pack as well, but I'm being realistic that we will need to pack some pants, sweaters, etc. I'm going to make lists and get our DD9 to try on her summer stuff just in case the forecast is calling for heat. We just bought new hard-sided luggage and it's really nice. Can't wait to use it!
I usually bring a little of everything too, I will pack more of whichever it seems like we will is the most:)

Packing is literally my favorite part of going on vacation but not for this trip which makes me sad.

The last few trips I've been on actually have been difficult to pack for.

That's because I've now lost 60lbs since April 2016.

I have had to hold off on purchasing a whole new wardrobe or I'd have to have done it 3 times over by now.

I started shopping for shorts and t-shirts for my April 2017 trip in early February and the week before I went I ended up having to return things for a size smaller.

My June trip to DLR everything from April was still fitting pretty nicely.

By my September 2017 back to WDW my shorts were almost falling off but I really didn't want to purchase more since it was getting to be the end of summer.

So at the moment I have zero shorts as an option and its not time for shorts in the stores until after I go on my vacation which would mean online shopping but what if they don't fit?

I have some capris but again they are pretty big.

Leggings and sweatpants have been my friends since beginning my weight loss journey since they can fit through a fairly big weight range.

So that's why I'm hoping for some "average" temps of mid 50's to mid 70's.

I'm getting antsy to see even a 10 day out forecast so I can feel a bit more confident about wearing pants.

I just keep thinking OMG what if its mid 60's to mid 80's?!
Will leggings be way too hot?!
Or OMG what if its mid 30's to mid 50's?!
Will leggings be way too cold?!
Should I go buy a couple more cheap sweatpants?!
I'm driving myself nuts over it lol.

On the other hand I have no problems with what to wear on top.
I'm wearing t-shirts which I plan to wear with opened flannel button downs if its going to be on the warmer side, a medium weight hoodie if on the cooler side, or a heavier jacket if on the cold side and maybe layer the tops/jackets if its truly THAT cold but its not as easy to layer the bttoms lol.

Packing is literally my favorite part of going on vacation but not for this trip which makes me sad.

The last few trips I've been on actually have been difficult to pack for.

That's because I've now lost 60lbs since April 2016.

I have had to hold off on purchasing a whole new wardrobe or I'd have to have done it 3 times over by now.

I started shopping for shorts and t-shirts for my April 2017 trip in early February and the week before I went I ended up having to return things for a size smaller.

My June trip to DLR everything from April was still fitting pretty nicely.

By my September 2017 back to WDW my shorts were almost falling off but I really didn't want to purchase more since it was getting to be the end of summer.

So at the moment I have zero shorts as an option and its not time for shorts in the stores until after I go on my vacation which would mean online shopping but what if they don't fit?

I have some capris but again they are pretty big.

Leggings and sweatpants have been my friends since beginning my weight loss journey since they can fit through a fairly big weight range.

So that's why I'm hoping for some "average" temps of mid 50's to mid 70's.

I'm getting antsy to see even a 10 day out forecast so I can feel a bit more confident about wearing pants.

I just keep thinking OMG what if its mid 60's to mid 80's?!
Will leggings be way too hot?!
Or OMG what if its mid 30's to mid 50's?!
Will leggings be way too cold?!
Should I go buy a couple more cheap sweatpants?!
I'm driving myself nuts over it lol.

On the other hand I have no problems with what to wear on top.
I'm wearing t-shirts which I plan to wear with opened flannel button downs if its going to be on the warmer side, a medium weight hoodie if on the cooler side, or a heavier jacket if on the cold side and maybe layer the tops/jackets if its truly THAT cold but its not as easy to layer the bttoms lol.

I just want to let you know I feel your pain. I had weight loss surgery 11/6/16 and have lost over 100 lbs since then and it's been ups-and-downs re clothes and shopping. And now packing! So, I'm commiserating with you, sister. For me it's been wonderful (even if not always easy) but the clothes thing has been my number one issue. I guess that's a pretty good First World Problem to have, though, even though it can be maddening at times.

Also I already have my piles of what I'm packing for us, lol. I love packing and won't Actually Start until a 10-day comes out, but I can at least make my piles and then switch out shorts/pants etc easily. At this point I'm just praying for highs in the 50's, haha. I am SO over Winter.

I'm SUPER late to the party but we'll be at WDW from 1/28-2/3 staying at Coronado Springs.

I have a pile of clothes set aside for my 4 year old, not everything, but some stuff. I need to get the rest of us put together to some degree.

Congrats! That's no easy feat! No better feeling of not fitting into anything because it's falling off of you :-)
I just want to let you know I feel your pain. I had weight loss surgery 11/6/16 and have lost over 100 lbs since then and it's been ups-and-downs re clothes and shopping. And now packing! So, I'm commiserating with you, sister. For me it's been wonderful (even if not always easy) but the clothes thing has been my number one issue. I guess that's a pretty good First World Problem to have, though, even though it can be maddening at times.

Don't get me wrong, clothes being entirely too big is a fantastic feeling, just not when you don't have something smaller to put on lol.
I told everyone to buy me pajamas for Christmas because I honestly just needed to replace almost every pair I own because the bottoms were falling to the floor.
Until now I've basically bought a new piece of clothing here and there and phasing out clothes that are too big for me instead of buying new everything because that would just be too costly.
At this point I have MAYBE 10lbs to loose and I'm fitting into size medium fo the most part and IF I lose that 10lbs I think I'll still be in the medium range so I think I'm finally pretty stable but just in case I'd rather not buy shorts just because its a possibility that it will be warm enough for them for a few days in February.
I think going forward it will be easier to buy more clothes in one shot.

30 Days out with no DME Magical Express tags, other trips I've received them months in advance. Should I call, or wait it out a bit more?

30 Days out with no DME Magical Express tags, other trips I've received them months in advance. Should I call, or wait it out a bit more?

I am 29 days out and I received mine this past Monday. I don't remember ever getting them sooner than 45-30 days out. I think the weather has buggered things up but I would think you should see them by Monday.

When I was looking up the FAQs, they say 2-3 weeks out. And if you don't receive the tags, no big deal, simply give the baggage claim tags to the driver.

so bummed... we were waiting to book EMM until after the holidays and another pay cycle... and it was available yesterday morning ... went to book last night, and it was gone :-( I'll keep checking lots and lots and fingers crossed that someone will change their mind and cancel... ugh... so mad I missed it....

so bummed... we were waiting to book EMM until after the holidays and another pay cycle... and it was available yesterday morning ... went to book last night, and it was gone :-( I'll keep checking lots and lots and fingers crossed that someone will change their mind and cancel... ugh... so mad I missed it....
Oh no! What date were you looking at?

February 4 - we have done it in the past and LOVED it... finances were just strained a bit with the holidays so we stupidly waited. It's totally our fault - boo!

Are you sure the 4th was available? I don't mean to doubt you but the DAH thread doesn't show that as an event night. I think that is a EMM day.

Edit to say NM! I misread your post. We are doing DAH and so it was on my brain. Ignore me. Carry on lol

Are you sure the 4th was available? I don't mean to doubt you but the DAH thread doesn't show that as an event night. I think that is a EMM day.

Edit to say NM! I misread your post. We are doing DAH and so it was on my brain. Ignore me. Carry on lol

Lol - there are so many acronyms and such to keep up with - no worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter