**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Amunet

DIS Veteran
:welcome:
To the Official February 2018 Thread

The next post has the roll call. Please include your dates, resort and if your going for a celebration/event.

I'm pretty good at keeping with updates but if you feel I missed you, please quote me with the info for the Roll Call :)

Last edited:
February Roll Call:smickey:

Last edited:
Helpful Information :teacher:

Travel Agent Calendar for February 2018
https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/TAC_WDWFeb2018.pdf

Closures/Refurbishments During February 2018

* Cinderella's Royal Table - CLOSED Feb. 28 - March 2
* Typhoon Lagoon Water Park - Seasonal Closure/Refurbishment
* Art of Animation, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Old Key West and Pop Century Resorts - Ongoing Refurbishments
* Grand Floridian Beach Pool & Bar - CLOSED Nov. 20, 2017 - Spring 2018

Last edited:
I haven't seen one yet! We are planning for early February, maybe 1/31-2/6 or 2/1-2/7. We will decide when Southwest releases those dates.

Yay! I've been looking for one of these too! We're looking at going the end of Feb and into early March...not sure on specific dates yet!

I haven't seen one yet! We are planning for early February, maybe 1/31-2/6 or 2/1-2/7. We will decide when Southwest releases those dates.
Okay good! ^_^ Ooh, well as soon as you figure out those dates, let me know and I'll add it to the list :D

Yay! I've been looking for one of these too! We're looking at going the end of Feb and into early March...not sure on specific dates yet!
Well, we will have to celebrate finally having a February thread!
:cool1:

Well the Princess Half Marathon is the last weekend of the month, so that may help with your decision making :)

Woohoo!! Thank you, Amunet! Yes, we've been needing a February thread.

I'm not booked yet, but planning on Feb 3-10 for my 7th Annual Awesome Solo Trip! Once we get the 2018 rack rates out (hopefully this month), I'll firm things up, and I bet we'll start hearing from more February folks.

I didn't know early February was a popular time in the month to go :)

It's not - That's why it's so awesome! Cheapest rack rates of the year (and usually discounts), crowds about as good as they seem to get anymore. Not to mention mostly beautiful weather. :thumbsup2

It's not - That's why it's so awesome! Cheapest rack rates of the year (and usually discounts), crowds about as good as they seem to get anymore. Not to mention mostly beautiful weather. :thumbsup2

Lol well that makes sense :) I'm going at the end of February for the Princess Marathon Weekend. I'm only doing the 10k though. Fundraising right now :)
We figured that if I have to go in February, might as well just make t a family vacation

I've booked a room for mid February. Im takin my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. I'm waiting for the 2018 prices to be released to make a package out of it. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect weather-wise? TIA

I've booked a room for mid February. Im takin my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. I'm waiting for the 2018 prices to be released to make a package out of it. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect weather-wise? TIA

Weather-wise: I've made 4 February trips. Average temps for that time are lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s and that is mostly what I've experienced. One year I had 2 days where it dripped rain off and on (not enough for a poncho). Another year I had 2 cold mornings (temps in the 30s) but sunny and dry and 50s/60s by afternoon. In both cases, the "bad" weather was on just a couple of days and the rest of the trip was beautiful.

Yay! So excited to be going back in Feb 2018. Headed down for PHM weekend. 2/23-26 at Pop!

I'll join!! I've booked POFQ for Feb 10 - 17th. I'm a little worried about Mardi Gras being so early next year (13th), hopefully it won't be too crowded. Does anyone have any experience going during Mardi Gras?

I'll join!! I've booked POFQ for Feb 10 - 17th. I'm a little worried about Mardi Gras being so early next year (13th), hopefully it won't be too crowded. Does anyone have any experience going during Mardi Gras?
I heard that POFQ does a special celebration :)

I haven't experienced it but have heard about it

I was there (and at POFQ) for Mardi Gras a few years back when it was similarly early. I enjoyed it; didn't think crowds were that bad, although that may be because the Gulf Coast folks are such a nice bunch. I would not hesitate to go over Mardi Gras when it is that early.

I missed it the year I was there, but POFQ has done their own little Mardi Gras parade in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts