**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

For those going around the 12th of February,,,, Does anyone know why MK closes at 6pm that day?

I was trying to book a room only for a quick trip Feb. 9-11 to see DD - she starts the DCP in January. There is not a lot available. Nothing for value. Is that a special weekend?

For those going around the 12th of February,,,, Does anyone know why MK closes at 6pm that day?
I was trying to book a room only for a quick trip Feb. 9-11 to see DD - she starts the DCP in January. There is not a lot available. Nothing for value. Is that a special weekend?

There is a national cheerleading event this weekend, it's likely these 2 questions are related to this.

Updated to this post :flower1:

Unfortunately, we've had to cancel this trip ... and the 10k I was suppose to run. The funds I raised still went to charity and I raised the full amount, so at least we have that good that came out of it :) I will stick around to update this thread because I know how exciting it is to have your name on the list.

I hope everyone was able to get their FP+ choices!

Count me in....yay!!!!
Do you want to list yourself? When and where are you staying?

Updated to this post :flower1:

Unfortunately, we've had to cancel this trip ... and the 10k I was suppose to run. The funds I raised still went to charity and I raised the full amount, so at least we have that good that came out of it :) I will stick around to update this thread because I know how exciting it is to have your name on the list.

I hope everyone was able to get their FP+ choices!

Do you want to list yourself? When and where are you staying?

I am so sorry you have had to cancel. Glad you were able to go ahead and donate the money raised.

What's everyone planning to wear for the weather?
I think my plan is black velour leggings, a t-shirt, and one of three jacket options depending on the day. (very lightweight zip up hoodie from Walmart, mid weight zip up hoodie from Disney, or my North Face Oso zip up hooded coat).
I figure even if temps run high the high fro the day generally doesn't hit until mid afternoon and then will likely drop as soon as the sun starts to go down so the leggings shouldn't be too hot.

I have been many many times before, but never during February. So, I don't really know what to expect for the weather or what to wear. My plan for right now is capris, tshirts and a jacket with sneakers. That way I will be good in heat or cold. I guess I'll have to bring a bit of everything, just in case!

Getting excited now that I woke up to a notification that our magic bands are on the way! We’ll be staying at POFQ 1/31-2/4.

Looking forward to mild temps and (relatively) lower crowd levels, compared to our usual late October Disney trips!

Ours shipped too! We check in on the 31st at Pop until the 5th :-) Getting so real now!

I got a cool clip to go onto to my apple watch that I can pop the center out of the MB and attach it to my watch. I'm happy to just be packing my "pucks" instead the entire bands! :-)

What's everyone planning to wear for the weather?
I think my plan is black velour leggings, a t-shirt, and one of three jacket options depending on the day. (very lightweight zip up hoodie from Walmart, mid weight zip up hoodie from Disney, or my North Face Oso zip up hooded coat).
I figure even if temps run high the high fro the day generally doesn't hit until mid afternoon and then will likely drop as soon as the sun starts to go down so the leggings shouldn't be too hot.
We arrive 25 Feb for 1 week. Plan to wear Lula Roe Disney leggings and shirts (yes I have been collecting the leggings and shirts for months now so will be screaming Disney look every day!) and light pink Ugg boots. Will also have flip flops in my back pack if I get to warm. Also have Disney Princess Jacket I acquired years ago a Disneyland that I plan to take along with a light weight Epcot cotton jacket that I can take off and store in a locker of my back pack. Will be easy to pack, that's for sure!

We went last year during the "same" week (last year, 4-11, this year, 3-10) and I packed cropped boyfriend jeans and 2 pairs of leggings, 3 tank tops with 2 cardis, and a hoodie for myself. Hubs got a pair of jeans , 2 pairs of shorts, 3 tee-shirts, and a hoodie. DD (2 at the time) got 1 pair of leggings, 3 pairs of shorts, and 3 tops. we actually didn't pack her a hoodie but because it got super cold on the 10th last year we ended up buying her a PoTC hoodie (surprisingly inexpensive). We stay offsite in a condo so do laundry in the middle of the trip. But we are also coming from NY so we did have huge puffy coats we wore to JFK lol.

Speaking of being from NY... GET ME OUTTA HERE! Freaking blizzardicane out my window and tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be frigid as all get out. I can't wait for this trip. Even if it's "cold" for Orlando, it'll be a heat wave for us, lol.

We will be there Feb 1-8. The days for mid-January are around 22-24 and the mornings/nights are around 12-14, so hopefully they will climb a bit more come February. I'm planning on just packing a lightweight pair of shorts each day for the afternoons. Then change back into my stretchy pants for the evenings :)

I'm assuming 20 degrees in Orlando is a lot warmer than 20 degrees in Halifax, Nova Scotia!

Our trip is 2/3-2/9 and I’m stuck home in this blizzard too. We haven’t seen a day over freezing since Christmas Eve. I am sitting here reviewing plans with the family and seeing if we should tweak anything. I want to pack so bad but with 30 days out I would rather wait until I can see the weather so I am restraining myself. We have done February a few years in a row. First year was hot we went swimming every day. 2nd year we cool we wore pants every day and never really took off our sweatshirts. Last year was beautiful shorts and a sweatshirt in the morning and nights and swimming every afternoon. Anything can happen so I am trying to just wait until we have a forecast.

Our trip is 2/3-2/9 and I’m stuck home in this blizzard too. We haven’t seen a day over freezing since Christmas Eve. I am sitting here reviewing plans with the family and seeing if we should tweak anything. I want to pack so bad but with 30 days out I would rather wait until I can see the weather so I am restraining myself. We have done February a few years in a row. First year was hot we went swimming every day. 2nd year we cool we wore pants every day and never really took off our sweatshirts. Last year was beautiful shorts and a sweatshirt in the morning and nights and swimming every afternoon. Anything can happen so I am trying to just wait until we have a forecast.

Our dates are same as yours :) I can't wait to get out of this frigid weather and be somewhere "warmer".! Anywhere will feel better than PA right now!

Illuminations cruise invite.

Hey everyone.
If anyone is available on February 13th my best friend and I booked an Illuminations cruise and its just the 2 of us and we would not mind adding a few more people. The boat fits 10 so we could add up to 8 more people.
We are single ladies in our early 30's ;)
It has already been paid for so I'd need cash in hand at the time. (Total cost was $371.69 and cost would be divided evenly among each person.)
Let me know if you're interested.

Just wanted to bump this post.
I have to call to confirm how many people will be on board on January 30th so I'd need to know by then.
I just had someone PM me about it last night so I have a possible 7 more spots.
Feel free to message me if interested.

I want to pack as well, but I'm being realistic that we will need to pack some pants, sweaters, etc. I'm going to make lists and get our DD9 to try on her summer stuff just in case the forecast is calling for heat. We just bought new hard-sided luggage and it's really nice. Can't wait to use it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter