Official Dopey 2018 Thread

So how does this work for 1/2 PoT?

I ran a great, for me, half marathon and turned in a time of 1:40:25.

I would assume any calculator puts that as a sub 4 Hour Marathon. If that makes sense should I expect B, maybe even A?

where did it place you by chance?

where did it place you by chance?

Oh ya, start with the basics. LOL Great call.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone runs 4-6 Disney weekends a year. Nor should they if they have any common sense.

Thanks. I'm sure I should have known this. I probably failed to read something they sent me.

Anyway Bib 20380. Corral A!

Wont be running a 3:40 though that's for sure. A lack of training and picture stops will put me at 4:30 or slower.

Thanks. I'm sure I should have known this. I probably failed to read something they sent me.

Anyway Bib 20380. Corral A!

Wont be running a 3:40 though that's for sure. A lack of training and picture stops will put me at 4:30 or slower.

If you are worried about going out too fast with the crowd, then just drop toward the back of the corral to start. But the character lines are typically really short with the front corrals, so enjoy the placement! I've found the lines for character stops after mile 8 are almost non-existent when starting in A/B/C in previous years.

For those in search of a cheap throw away and still doing your Christmas shopping - went to Victoria Secret today and if you spend $100 you get a (compact) blanket for free. I was going to tell them not to worry about putting it in my bag but then realised it was a perfect throw away for marathon weekend.

For those in search of a cheap throw away and still doing your Christmas shopping - went to Victoria Secret today and if you spend $100 you get a (compact) blanket for free. I was going to tell them not to worry about putting it in my bag but then realised it was a perfect throw away for marathon weekend.
Target also has some $5 blankets by us in the dollar store type section upfront. They are 48x48. We wound up buying one of those.

I get 6 packs of Mylar blankets off of Amazon for $15. As a last gasp, the men's section of walmart usually has sweat pants for around $6 and sweatshirts for around $10-15. Those sweats were worth every penny in the marathon corral last year

I just ordered a 10 pack of Mylar blankets off Amazon for $9 for DD28 and I to split. But plan on buying a couple of $2.50 fleece blankets at Walmart on Saturday for marathon morning. As DD28 said, that is the race that really counts so we want to be warm, lol. I also just packed a couple of garbage bags in case it rains.

Hmm, not sure what I could buy there for $100, but worth looking!! :teeth:

This talk of throw aways reminded me. Check any pockets before you ditch. Helped the local girl scouts clean up after NYC marathon back in 2005-2006 and one young lady found a $50 bill in a pocket. It also amazed me to what some consider disposable. There were some really nice name brand clothes left behind. Mine will be of the cheap walmart brand, but its also the only store we have here.

This talk of throw aways reminded me. Check any pockets before you ditch. Helped the local girl scouts clean up after NYC marathon back in 2005-2006 and one young lady found a $50 bill in a pocket. It also amazed me to what some consider disposable. There were some really nice name brand clothes left behind. Mine will be of the cheap walmart brand, but its also the only store we have here.

I think it depends. I usually either just pull something out of my closet they I don't wear a lot, or I will try and find stuff at one of the local thrift stores. In general the thrift store stuff that I've gotten has usually been pretty nice stuff.

I don't really own expensive, designer clothes, but since the throwaway stuff goes to the homeless shelters, I don't mind throwing away decent stuff that I don't plan to wear anymore or new sweats from Walmart or Target. I just hope they keep somebody warm on a cold(ish) FL night.

My apologizes I did not mean any airs in my comments. It was my first and only experience with ditched clothing and I was genuinely shocked to see $$ type Columbia jackets left. I missed a lot of considerations in my original thoughts. Part of the reason the Girl Scouts stepped in was to help get clothing to donation outlets. Back then too much was seen next to dumpsters. I am sure much has changed since then, and I am glad to hear that Disney will be donating items as well.

I donated blood the other day and got a free blanket (one blood)

other than that any suggestions other than thrift stores to get some cheap tosser clothes?

I donated blood the other day and got a free blanket (one blood)

other than that any suggestions other than thrift stores to get some cheap tosser clothes?

WalMart is my go to for local throwaways. Last year I got a fleece jacket for $10 and a fleece hat, snood & ear band combo for $6. They were life savers on marathon day. Online, I get multipacks of Hot Hands and Mylar blankets cheap on Amazon.

Why am I always so surprised by how tough tapering is? In my head I think it is going to be this glorious time where I feel rested and amazing, but the reality is way different! I had my peak Dopey sim 2 weeks ago, and I still don't feel fully recovered from that. Went out for a 12 miler on Saturday and couldn't believe how hard it felt! :sad2:

I'm sure I will be fresh and ready to go when we toe the line of the 5K - just need to remember that tapering is not the cake walk I imagine it to be!

If any of our solo Dopey travelers are looking for anything to do Tuesday night (1/2) - the powers that be on the Disney dining reservations didn't want to let me make a reservation for just one. I have a 9pm for two at California Grill I'll be doing solo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter