**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

I will not be able to go again until March 21. So I moved the reservation to September and will wait until March pricing is released. Never did I think I would schedule a spring break trip in May of 2019 to get cancelled for March 2020, get cancelled for August 2020 and push until spring break 2021!! I have a WDW trip scheduled for November. Guess I will start that countdown!!

I had a contest win package scheduled for Aug 6th - 9th and Disney contacted me and said they had canceled our package last week and will contact me in Sept to reschedule. Rescheduling date options for me won’t start til Jan 2021 and then I’ll have til Dec 2021. Luckily we had the week before decided to cancel / postpone due to the uncertainty of things during this time.

I had a contest win package scheduled for Aug 6th - 9th and Disney contacted me and said they had canceled our package last week and will contact me in Sept to reschedule. Rescheduling date options for me won’t start til Jan 2021 and then I’ll have til Dec 2021. Luckily we had the week before decided to cancel / postpone due to the uncertainty of things during this time.

To clarify, because I was just going to ask this question. They cancelled your trip, and they will let you reschedule for next year?

When they (I typed "if they cancel" and realize how silly that was) cancel our August trip, we won't be able to go until next summer because of kids being in college, so switching to summer would be our best option. I'm really hoping we can keep the amazing rate we have and just switch dates.

To clarify, because I was just going to ask this question. They cancelled your trip, and they will let you reschedule for next year?

When they (I typed "if they cancel" and realize how silly that was) cancel our August trip, we won't be able to go until next summer because of kids being in college, so switching to summer would be our best option. I'm really hoping we can keep the amazing rate we have and just switch dates.
Yes, sorry if it wasn’t clear.
I just wanted to clarify mine is with a contest win, so regular reservation offers / options for rescheduling are probably different.

I sure hope you’ll be able to keep the rates you have. Hopefully you be able to reschedule your trip soon and it will be better than ever.

Last edited:

From the DLR Reopening Superthread, here is the latest email about rebooking on site reservations with arrivals through 8/08/20:

GenGen22 said:
From Gothic Rosie's FB page

Yes, sorry if it wasn’t clear.
I just wanted to clarify mine is with a contest win, so regular reservation offers / options for rescheduling are probably different.

I sure hope you’ll be able to keep the rates you have. Hopefully you be able to reschedule your trip soon and it will be better than ever.

You were clear the first time. I was just hoping I wasn't reading it wrong. Hopefully they extend that same option to those who have packages with them. One can hope. I guess I wait and see. That seems to be the theme for the year.

You were clear the first time. I was just hoping I wasn't reading it wrong. Hopefully they extend that same option to those who have packages with them. One can hope. I guess I wait and see. That seems to be the theme for the year.
Good Morning ! Yes, we can all hope indeed. Ugh, the "wait and see theme" is so nerve racking, I never realized how nice our "normal" was. Looking forward to all of us getting the Magic of Disney back in our lives. In the meantime my daughter in law and youngest granddaughter will get to join us in 2021 to our rescheduled trip to DLR. The planning has begun and we're excited ! The planning ahead is saving our little bit of sanity that is left.
Wishing you well with your next visit to DLR.

I have August 14th reserved. It looks like that date isn't officially cancelled, but likely will be. I don't know if I should cancel now and get my money back right away or wait it out. I'm concerned that if I wait for them to cancel, they will take a long time to refund.

I have August 14th reserved. It looks like that date isn't officially cancelled, but likely will be. I don't know if I should cancel now and get my money back right away or wait it out. I'm concerned that if I wait for them to cancel, they will take a long time to refund.

I have rescheduled 4 times and then refunded
Each time within three days.
I made the mistake one time of booking through Funjet and they took 3 1/2 months to refund me. I will never book Disney with outside company again

I have rescheduled 4 times and then refunded
Each time within three days.
I made the mistake one time of booking through Funjet and they took 3 1/2 months to refund me. I will never book Disney with outside company again
Thanks. That is helpful. I'll keep holding on to it. I am not attached to it working out or not working out. I'll go with whatever's meant to be.

We have an August 22nd trip book. Complete payment is due on Thursday. Does anyone know if Disneyland is extending payment due dates? I'd rather not have almost 2000 dollars tied up with no reopening date.

Our reservations were cancelled and moved to September. I am hoping those of you booked for later in August are a go!!! Thank you, Erin, for hosting the thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter