**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

From the DLR Reopening Superthread:

DLR hotel stays through 8/22 officially cancelled

I didn’t get an email but I called. The CM said I should’ve got a call for my August 9th check in. The CM also said the hotels won’t be open for the month of August. I was one of the ones that had my DLH reservation upgraded to DGC. The rep told me if I wanted to keep DGC for the same price I reserved for DLH I was going to have to stay there no later than September. If I wanted to move my date past September I was going to be moved back to DLH (Since they’re scheduled to open Oct 1st) unless I wanted to pay DGC prices.

From the DLR Reopening Superthread:

This is really interesting. I was able to keep my reservation at GCH (after being moved due to DLH closure) to our November dates with no issues. We did move our dates earlier in the month so we were't dealing with cancellations.

I'm so sorry for the August hold outs. I was really hoping you'd get to go.

ETA: Seems like maybe the whole August thread will be canceled at some point. Rather than edit it all, I'd like to keep the list as is if that's ok - and we can look back on this years later and remember it all when it seems like a distant memory? Is that ok with everyone? The history major in me sees value in keeping this authentic. I'll make a note at the top about the whole month just so it's clear.

This is really interesting. I was able to keep my reservation at GCH (after being moved due to DLH closure) to our November dates with no issues. We did move our dates earlier in the month so we were't dealing with cancellations.

I'm so sorry for the August hold outs. I was really hoping you'd get to go.

ETA: Seems like maybe the whole August thread will be canceled at some point. Rather than edit it all, I'd like to keep the list as is if that's ok - and we can look back on this years later and remember it all when it seems like a distant memory? Is that ok with everyone? The history major in me sees value in keeping this authentic. I'll make a note at the top about the whole month just so it's clear.
Maybe I should call back to see if I get a different answer from another CM.

Maybe I should call back to see if I get a different answer from another CM.
I would be curious to see what happens. We also originally had DLH reservations in June, that changed to GCH in August. When I called to change August to September, I was told I could modify to any date before 9/30 at the same lower rate I originally had at the DLH.

... Seems like maybe the whole August thread will be canceled at some point. Rather than edit it all, I'd like to keep the list as is if that's ok - and we can look back on this years later and remember it all when it seems like a distant memory? Is that ok with everyone? The history major in me sees value in keeping this authentic. I'll make a note at the top about the whole month just so it's clear.
Go ahead and keep this thread as is. We've kept all the threads from March onward. 2020 has been memorable in many ways -- let's keep something on record here to remind us of what we've come through and to help us appreciate future DLR trips.

I’m Bummed but not surprised. We are going to try for December. Our reservation was originally for spring break at DLH.
It would be nice to be able to look back on this thread.

July 23, 2020
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures. We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and there are many factors that are helping us determine the timing of when various aspects of our business will reopen in a responsible way.

Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park remain closed and will reopen at a later date, pending state and local government approvals. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are also closed and will reopen at a later date. Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this process as responsibly as we can.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through August 22, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To cancel or modify your reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337.

If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation #: xxxxxxxx
Arrival Date: 8/xx/2020

I have a question for everyone who has canceled August. Did you have to call? The email they sent me says to call, but I would think I could cancel online like I always have. Has anyone cancelled online? I won't be modifying the reservation. It will be a straight cancel.

I just proactively called for my August 9-12 reservations. She said they aren't accepting reservation prior to August 16, with a hopeful August 15 park opening. I am working our schedule around 2 kids in college, so ideally I'd like to push our reservations to summer 2021. She said 2021 typically opens the first few weeks of August. She recommended I move my reservations to October 4 which is the latest she could give me all the same discounts. She recommended I flat out cancel and then rebook when 2021 opens.

I kept my existing reservations because I got a good deal on the hotel, then had the 30% discount from moving from June to August on top of that, plus my ticket price is from before the increase. If I cancel and have to rebook I'm looking at a huge price increase. I'll wait a few weeks and see if 2021 opens before my reservation dates and if I can move it then.

That Aug. 15th reopening date is interesting/confusing in light of the on site cancellations through 8/22. Hmmm...

Well it does follow the original July plan timing... July 17th parks reopening — July 23rd GCH and PPH reopening🤷🏼‍♀️

Well it does follow the original July plan timing... July 17th parks reopening — July 23rd GCH and PPH reopening🤷🏼‍♀️
It also follows the usual "different CMs = different answers" game that we are so used to from Disney, Someone else posted that a CM told her that the hotels would not be opening in August. So would the parks reopen and the hotels be closed for two weeks? We'll have to see if anyone with an on site reservation gets cancelled that last week of August.

I got a phone call today from Disney regarding my August 9-12 reservations and the fact they will still be closed. I didn't answer because I'm still waiting for them to open next summer in the hopes I can push my reservations to then.

I just called DL to switch my reservation from August 9-12. They've called and left messages for me the last 2 days. 2021 isn't open yet which is my preference so I switched to Sep 1 which is the first day they are allowing new reservations. I was one of the people moved from DLH to DGC. She told me that if I move my dates to when DLH is reopen they would move me back to that hotel. I'm fine with that because the dates are more important than the hotel with 2 kids in college. She also said there was a $10 difference in price. I was surprised I had to pay that since I am moving due to them being closed, but it wasn't enough to argue about. It does make me wonder, if I can move to 2021, are they going to make me pay the difference between my current rate and the new rack rate? I'm really hoping not.

Our DVC reservation (Aug.14th &15th) at the villas was just cancelled with NO email or phone call. :(
I switch to Sept. 4th & 5th !! :teeth:

I have two reservations at PPH. One checking in on 8/30 and the other for November. Who knows about November, but if 8/30 is being cancelled, is it possible to get some sort of "recovery" and apply it for November? Is there a strategy I should be looking for?

I have two reservations at PPH. One checking in on 8/30 and the other for November. Who knows about November, but if 8/30 is being cancelled, is it possible to get some sort of "recovery" and apply it for November? Is there a strategy I should be looking for?
AFAIK, you can only use the money from the cancelled reservation to a new reservation. They didn't offer me anything special for cancelling my August reservation. I know there were previous reports of getting a special offer for moving to a future booking, but maybe they stopped that because it's going on a lot longer than they anticipated. They just tried to get me to rebook without any special offer and I wanted my money back. So, I took the refund and decided I'd book whenever I knew for sure that they would be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter