• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

You can see photos of the inside of both types of Mickey Dome cakes in Post #1 of this thread! :goodvibes
Thanks! I'm so used to threads not getting updated, I only skipped to the end LOL! Thanks for keeping it current.

The picture has made me rethink ordering it, so it was very helpful!!

Has anyone called a week before to confirm that their cake order is still on the schedule? I’ve read a few reviews of cakes not showing up for a reservation. Just do not want to have a disappointed four year old! 🤪

Last edited:

Was finally able to get someone from the Contemporary bakery call me back. Was able to order a gluten free cake for my daughters 18th birthday/graduation celebration at California Grill in a few weeks. Will post photos/cost after.

Just ordered a 10 inch cake with a white chocolate stitch. Decorations I left as bakers choice. Quoted $125.00.
Wow. That seems pretty low for a 10 inch cake. Hopefully they decorate a bit and not just leave the cake plain. The white chocolate stitch is over $30 I believe.

My cake 6 inch was $95 and had confetti bits around it and a screen print cut out pasted to the side (post 3721 page 187). I had left $20 for decorations apart from the screen print. It was supposed to have strawberries (fresh fruit filling) but didn’t and was probably switched with someone else’s spice cake.

Last edited:

Here is my daughter’s six inch Minnie Mouse rainbow cake from the Contemporary. I did not provide photos, but gave a theme, flavor, and color pallet. The Minnie and the rainbow were both white chocolate. The flavor was strawberry cake with buttercream and filled with Bavarian cream with fresh strawberries.The mess up on the side is from the candles as she insisted she put them in herself. (Four year olds..😂)

We had it delivered to Chef Mickey’s. I called a few days prior to ensure our order was still on the books. They called back the next day and left me a nice voicemail confirming. Also, our waitress was aware that we had a cake when we arrived to the restaurant.

Cost was $164.00 plus tax. I will say it tasted amazing. That part far exceeded my expectations. My daughter is really the only one in our party who loves strawberry cake, but that did not stop all of us from going back for seconds.

84C4B1C0-DFBE-4F60-A53D-68BF37F1CF77.jpeg

Last edited:
They were able to put a statue on a 6 inch. Wow that’s amazing! I was always told they needed a minimum of an 8 inch cake. It looks wonderful. Painting is always extra cost from what I understand so that price seems reasonable given we did a 6 inch Mickey ears hat cake for $120 5 years ago.

They were able to put a statue on a 6 inch. Wow that’s amazing! I was always told they needed a minimum of an 8 inch cake. It looks wonderful. Painting is always extra cost from what I understand so that price seems reasonable given we did a 6 inch Mickey ears hat cake for $120 5 years ago.
I was actually expecting it to be more than the quote. Pleasantly surprised.

I was actually expecting it to be more than the quote. Pleasantly surprised.
Are you including the tip? At STK71 our cake was $100 but we had to tip extra because it was included in the final meal cost (20% tip was extra). I believe Contemporary is the only one that does this because their bakery is in house.

At Ohana (GF bakery cakes) we prepaid and didn’t tip on top of the cake cost.

We paid $164.00 plus tax for the cake and then we tipped based on our dinner bill (minus the cake). A little extra since our waitress lit the candles, but we cut and served ourselves. The tip wasn’t automatically added. This was all at the restaurant.

Last edited:
Yes! I always recommend that folks call back about 3 days before to make sure the order hasn't been lost.
Hi! I have a question for you, or anyone who is able to answer. At the request of my daughter, we have reservations at Chef de France in July. We are celebrating her 8th gr graduation, and her recovery of a major surgery and we wanted to surprise her with a cake (she loves Remy and Ratatouille! So we were hoping to do it here - just a smaller cake). The Mickey celebration cake is not available there, so I called the number listed for this restaurant. I get through to the choice for the Epcot restaurants and then it says hold while we transfer you and keeps disconnecting me. I have called WDW dine who said the cake line is no longer in service and that I am not able to order a cake here and suggested I get one from our quick service location at our resort (Saratoga). I have messaged cast members through the app and website and get told I cannot order a cake because I already made the reservation or that the celebration cake should be available. Is there no way to have a cake at Chef de France? Should I go with another plan?

Hi! I have a question for you, or anyone who is able to answer. At the request of my daughter, we have reservations at Chef de France in July. We are celebrating her 8th gr graduation, and her recovery of a major surgery and we wanted to surprise her with a cake (she loves Remy and Ratatouille! So we were hoping to do it here - just a smaller cake). The Mickey celebration cake is not available there, so I called the number listed for this restaurant. I get through to the choice for the Epcot restaurants and then it says hold while we transfer you and keeps disconnecting me. I have called WDW dine who said the cake line is no longer in service and that I am not able to order a cake here and suggested I get one from our quick service location at our resort (Saratoga). I have messaged cast members through the app and website and get told I cannot order a cake because I already made the reservation or that the celebration cake should be available. Is there no way to have a cake at Chef de France? Should I go with another plan?
Was this (below) the number you called?

905E9E7E-CB07-40EC-9000-44A2F5B3852E.jpeg
Wow. I tried looking and hardly found any cake videos (doesn’t look custom) except for one from over a decade ago

Last edited:
Hi! I have a question for you, or anyone who is able to answer. I have messaged cast members through the app and website and get told I cannot order a cake because I already made the reservation or that the celebration cake should be available. Is there no way to have a cake at Chef de France? Should I go with another plan?

So the real reason you cannot order a custom cake at Chefs de France via Disney is that it is owned by an outside vendor. They do offer the Mickey celebration cake, which can be added when you place your order online or via the My Disney Experience app. You can also order one in person at the restaurant podium up to 4 days in advance but NOT day-of.

If your budget allows, it may be less nerve-wracking to order a custom cake from Grand Floridian Private Dining and pick it up.

Thanks for everyone who responded! Lurkyloo, as for being able to place an order using the My Disney Experience app, I have tried, and also chatted with a cast member there and have been unable to do it. I must be missing something??? I guess if worse comes to worse I will just get the dome celebration mickey ears cake at the resort and surprise her that way, or try an off property bakery and see if they can deliver to the resort or one of our reservations in Disney Springs. I don't remember it being this hard to celebrate in Disney pre-covid!

Thanks for everyone who responded! Lurkyloo, as for being able to place an order using the My Disney Experience app, I have tried, and also chatted with a cast member there and have been unable to do it. I must be missing something??? I guess if worse comes to worse I will just get the dome celebration mickey ears cake at the resort and surprise her that way, or try an off property bakery and see if they can deliver to the resort or one of our reservations in Disney Springs. I don't remember it being this hard to celebrate in Disney pre-covid!
I don't think you're missing anything. I just checked out the app and don't see any way to add a cake to an existing reservation either. I think Disney's Cake Info page is a bit confusing in its wording—they need to clarify that you can only add the cake as you're making the reservation, not later.

I don't think you're missing anything. I just checked out the app and don't see any way to add a cake to an existing reservation either. I think Disney's Cake Info page is a bit confusing in its wording—they need to clarify that you can only add the cake as you're making the reservation, not later.
when I check in for a restaurant usually I get to select my party, high chairs, celebrations and if I want to add a cake (for most restaurants).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter